Hi, I am looking for a guide

Lands

May 31, 2010
✟7,615.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am Christian, I guess i dont mind how you answer it, So long its from the bible..

Well i have a thousand questions about Jesus,
What age did he begin to heal ?
How did he heal ?
What did he do the first 12 years of his life ? What did he do in later years ? Was there ever much conflict with the devil in his life ?

If someone could answer in large detail what Jesus did from 1 - 12 to like his later years aswell, Any big accomplishments and so on.. Thanks..

Upvote 0

salida

Veteran
Jun 14, 2006
✟6,243.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Well i have a thousand questions about Jesus,

What age did he begin to heal ? No, one knows the exact age. He started healing when he started his ministry in general.

How did he heal ? Since he is God he used his supernatural powers.

What did he do the first 12 years of his life ? Read-When the King was Carpenter. He studied jewish traditions most likely as that was the culture. He heard his parents pray; learned benedictions, helped out in the daily chores, getting prepared for his ministry.

What did he do in later years ? Was a carpenter.

Was there ever much conflict with the devil in his life ? Oh yes, when Jesus was tempted and he said, get behind me satan in the gospels. Its in the bible.

If someone could answer in large detail what Jesus did from 1 - 12 to like his later years aswell, Any big accomplishments and so on.. Thanks.. His was being the savior of the world.

Upvote 0

Lands

May 31, 2010
✟7,615.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Sorry, But i want to know more than that, I want to know what his every day life was like, I want to know the trials he faced, i want to know what he did day to day, I want to know the burdens he carried i want to know what the devil said to him, I want to know how he healed and when he started healing i want to know if he can see the past present and future, I want to know how he walked on water i want to know what he did with his disciples i want to know everything he did supernaturally, I even want to know what he asked God when he prayed to God and what God said to him, Can someone tell me all of this ? Thank you..

I want to know what he did in recorded history, I want the answer to go beyond being a carpenter, Want to know the details of his every day life and what he did besides that..

Does God really curse people to test their faith ? Like Job ? Does God allways make bets with the devil even tho that is just plain wrong ?!

Upvote 0

heron

Legend
Mar 24, 2005
✟33,756.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I want to know what he did in recorded history, I want the answer to go beyond being a carpenter, Want to know the details of his every day life and what he did besides that..
Since most of the details were not recorded, no one can tell you this information for certain. But there are some great studies on what normal life was like in that era, based on the work of historians, anthropologists, linguists, theologians, and archaeologists.

It is a topic that will take a lot of digging, and you will enjoy the exploration. You might even want to connect your daily Bible readings with practical searches.. say, if it says someone ate honey, then look up honey.

Some great sources...

JewishEncyclopedia.com
Bible History & Archaeology Published by the Biblical Archaeology Society | Biblical Archaeology Review
Historical Information available from StudyLight.org

http://www.youtube.com/v/Pk2_QEfe0rE&rel=0&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1

---
Does God really curse people to test their faith ? Like Job ? Does God allways make bets with the devil even tho that is just plain wrong ?!
That was one statement out of thousands of years of earth history. In Job's story, God temporarily lifted His protection and allowed the devil to work. God did not actively bring on the destruction. It turns out a good example of how out-of-control life can become when we refuse God's protection. But you have a good question there.

There are other times in the Bible where God warns of a clean sweep, because people have gotten so out of control. There were whole regions where people sacrificed their babies to Molech, and mass-raped traveling visitors... took scheduled turns in temple prostitution. People were getting harmed, very seriously oppressed and diseased.

God allowed people a lot of freedom before He came down with regional warnings to repent. I consider these more protective than aggressive. Picture getting beat up in school by a bully. When he begs for money, you don't always want the teacher involved; but when you're beat up, you want the school to suspend the guy.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Lands

May 31, 2010
✟7,615.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
How about Jesus, Did he know from birth he was God ? How did he discover he was God, When did he discover it ? Did he have a dream about it ? Did mother mary Tell him of the 3 wise men ??

Anne Rice - Christ The lord - Out of egypt &
Anne Rice - Christ The lord - Road to cana

They are good books which the writer feels what happened, And they are quite interesting to read.

Upvote 0

heymikey80

Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum viditur
Dec 18, 2005
✟34,309.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I appreciate your interest; I've had some of the same questions.

I think the question came back to me, did I want someone who will tell me what I want to hear? Or do I want someone who will tell me what people know & how they found out (or what they think & how they decided that), from historical sources?

If you're looking for the latter, it's probably easier to go out & befriend a pastor nearby. Many pastors have been through a one or two year program in a seminary, some classes regarding historical information. The history is much bigger than a year or two could cover, so you'll still need to find someone who's interested in what you're interested in. But I'm sure you can find pastors who are similarly interested.

Still, an encounter with the God of the Universe in human flesh is not exactly something you can "feel" into truth, 2000 years later. God is God. We are not. There's only so much we can guess at.

If you'd like a wild guess (and Anne Rice is one of the wilder guesses), anyone can give you a wild guess. Plus, there are plenty of people who can offer provocative questions and then answer them as if they're the authority.

They're not. And I'd hate to see the results when they're ushered before the God of the Universe.

So, find someone who can point you back to where he got the information. We're all beggars telling each other where to find bread.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

salida

Veteran
Jun 14, 2006
✟6,243.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Lands-

I told u a book to read from 1-12 years-it gives u a very good idea because it explains their culture and what he most likely did. And read the gospels. The only way to get better is to actually be there then. Since the bible is the most accurate history book period of any book-I strongly suggest u read it.

God gives out truth through the holy spirit.

Upvote 0

sbbqb7n16

Veteran - Blue Bible Dude
Jan 13, 2002
Texas
Visit site
✟25,010.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well, What the bible says is so limited, So i guess im looking for a person who knows beyond it ?

Lands-

I told u a book to read from 1-12 years-it gives u a very good idea because it explains their culture and what he most likely did. And read the gospels. The only way to get better is to actually be there then. Since the bible is the most accurate history book period of any book-I strongly suggest u read it.

God gives out truth through the holy spirit.

Salida was saying to check out this book:
Amazon.com: When the King Was Carpenter (9780892210183): Maria Von Trapp: Books

It apparently dives into the early years of Christ's life. But I have never read it .

As the authors of the Bible were focused on recording the ministry of Jesus (which began at age 30), a good deal of His early life was neglected in the Biblical accounts. He was "just a carpenter" before that. So it's likely that no one really cared much about Him before His ministry began to change their lives. Then people really started to pay attention.

And they wrote a lot of good stuff about His teachings and trials and ministry. You would probably get a lot out of reading Luke. Luke deals the most with before the ministry; with stories about what happened to Mary during pregnancy, and a few events that took place while Jesus was a child. (the whole teaching in the temple thing)

Upvote 0