✟23,920.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Greetings from Southern California!

I'm 49 years old -- I've been a believer since 7th grade, many many moons ago.

I got saved by mistake. Not God's mistake -- a human mistake. My family was going to a church that was very social, very liberal. I remember hearing a sermon on CPR, for example. One year the secretary didn't make the reservation early enough for the normal summer camp, and we ended up going to Hume Lake. I heard the Gospel for the first time and responded. PTL.

I'm going through a hard time right now. Intellectually, I know God will pull me through and that He causes all things to work together for His Glory. I know He loves me. I know He wants good for me.
Emotionally, I'm pretty darn depressed, and working through it now.

I'm a geek. I love Star Trek. I work managing the web presence for a major educational non-profit.

I'm married (27 years), with two sons (14 and 11). I play the guitar, my wife plays the piano, son1 plays the trumpet and son2 plays the trombone.

I have a recording studio room in my house. For a while I tried to make recording and helping Christian music ministries a vocation, but it didn't work out. That's part of why I'm depressed. On the other hand, I'm still working with some folks helping them make CDs, etc. and now I can do it for free. I love that part.

I messed up early in life in terms of college -- went to several. Last year I completed my BS in Organizaitonal Leadership at Biola University (a GREAT Christian university) with High Honors. PTL!

Yah, I know -- TMI (too much info!;))

Lord Bless,
-lee-

Reactions: Orchids

Orchids

never grow up
Nov 9, 2004
California
✟17,131.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
attachment.php

Upvote 0

Col303

Finding joy in the journey
Apr 5, 2006
New Jersey
✟15,542.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Greetings Laptoppop! Welcome aboard!

I can totally relate to being in that place where you intellect reminds you that God is there is and will go through everything with you but your emotions have a mind of their own.

The one verse that I always tend to go back to in those times is Isaiah 58:11. "The Lord will guide you always; He will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land and will strengthen your frame. You will be like a well-watered garden, like a spring whose waters never fail."

It is just a wonderful reminded that no matter what is going on in my life, no matter what my emotions are telling me, that God is right there even in my most desperate hours.

Once again welcome! Hope to see you around.

colleen

Upvote 0

bfly

Contributor
Oct 2, 2005
Alabama
✟23,591.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hello and Welcome

We are so proud to have you join our family.
May your time here be spent well and you find all your answers.
Please come often and invite all your friends.
Your will find the most wonderful refreshments provided free.
I pray your cup will be full and running over with:
Love, Joy, Peace, Kindness, Patience, Goodness, Faithfulness, Gentleness, and Self-Control.
and may the
Grace of our Lord Jesus Christ
be with your spirit.
:prayer:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums