Hey ya'll =D

R

RancherGal4Him

Hey ya'll! :wave:

Thought I'd drop in and write a little something about myself. I was just looking for a good Christian forum, and found CF's extensive... library of forums. Hehe. I've had a little bit of debate on staying, due to some controversy in the Teen section, but after the exchange of a few PMs with an excellent member of the forums, have decided to stick around and check out the other portions of the forums that CF has to offer!

Well I'm 14 years old, and have always been a Christian. My parents are Christians, though I didn't begin to know Christ intimately until the previous October, when I began to attend Youth group.

Now, I live out on a ranch (obvious from my name), but we'll get to that in a minute. So, with the price of fuel constantly climbing higher and higher, we have to watch our trips to town, and make attempts to coordinate all of our errands and business in town, into one or two small trips per week. Thus, we have not the privelage of attending church. :sigh: But, that is alright. I can attend Youth at my best friend's church, and the youth pastor is simply phenomenal. He has Brett & Jessica working alongside him, and Joshua sometimes does it, and everybody just pitches in during the hour and a half, so it's great! It refuels me for the next week.

I have always lived on large cattle ranches. I was born on one down in West Texas, and born in the great and mighty town of... Pecos. **can you detect the slight traces of sarcasm?** I lived on that ranch until I was 2, then we moved to one nearby, and here I resided for the entirety of my childhood. 9 years we lived there, and it was the best place a kid could grow up. We had no close friends of the human race, rarely visited town. In fact, town was an hour away, but it was very small, therefore we drove 3 hours one way every 6 or 7 weeks to buy groceries. My older brother and I spent our days riding horses, roping goats, hunting rabbits, exploring canyons and the mountains, and traversing across the pastures on expeditions. What the life! We lived in the West Texas mountains, which means scenery that would literally steal your breath. My Daddy ran this ranch of about 38,000 acres, which included a large sum of cattle and horses, alone with only his two children as helpers.

At age 11, our boss sold the ranch. This is probably the most devestating time in my life, thus far. I know Momma felt distanced from God, Daddy was grumpy those few months, and Tyler and I simply confused and worried about leaving our home. But move, we must. So we uprooted ourselves from home and, kicking and screaming, were dragged down into the New Mexico plains. :swoon:

Now, we are but 2 hours from beautiful NM Mountains. But we can only see one large mountain, and it is very far in the distance.

I had lived in the mountains my entire life, and Momma and Daddy for 13 years for theirs. It was simply tragic, I tell you- from the fabulous mountains, to... flats. No scenery what-so-ever, and a sky so big and blue we became sea sick, or nearly. But the Lord was able to help us along, and 3 years later, here we are, and this place is our home!

The ranch I live on is 128,000 acres and is home to about 1400 head of cattle, and we continue to build the numbers up. We have about 40 head of horses, and 1 hired hand besides my Daddy, who resides as Foreman. I've come to realize that Texas was the place for my childhood, and here, my adolescence. The blessings have been many- the Lord never fails to provide! :amen:

I have been homeschooled since the 2nd grade, and have only a few friends, but they are the best I could have. I spend my days doing school, riding my horse, roping the dummy, gathering cattle, practicing piano, and worshiping the Lord. I strive to life my life for Him, which is a struggle with each passing day, but becoming more and more my heart's desire.

Well I guess I should close out this novel. ;) Sorry, when i start writing I tend to go on and on and on. Thanks for reading, and I hope I can meet lots of friends here!

-Caitlin

Reactions: godismyabba

Angeldove97

I trust in You
Supporter
Jan 6, 2004
Indiana
✟121,020.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

StPats4.gif

glit47cd4ddaeaa5b240693081.gif

Welcome to Christian Forums, my name is Tatiana (aka Angeldove97) and I'm a staff member and fellow CF Welcome Angel at this site. :wave: I hope this site will be a big blessing to you... as it has been in my life since I joined the site over 4 years ago now! Please feel free to contact me via pm (private message) if you have any questions about the rules or getting around the site. I'm here to help! :holy:

Take some time to get to know the site... it's huge... with over 150 different forums in which you can post about different topics. And, of course, all are welcome here.. even if they aren't Christian.
:groupray:

If you'd like to find out the latest news about Christian Forums, please check out our Announcement Forum: http://christianforums.com/f3-announcements.html

:help:Also, if you would like to learn more about the site (rules, staff, how to post, blessings, CF pets, avatars, etc), please read our FAQ: http://christianforums.com/faq.php We are currently still updating it with changes so some information may incorrect. Always check with a Staff member if you have a question about something! :help:

Stick around, you'll meet alot of amazing people. Here are my suggestions that I give to all the newbie members at CF! Check out these forums to start off and meet some of our amazing members:
Friendship Cout
Recreation Room

If you ever are in need of help from a CF Welcome Angel (we help set up accounts, teach people how to use the site, pray for you and your needs, etc), please feel free to pm (private message) me at any time or check out our CF Angel forum by clicking here:

We also have some amazing non-staff community ministries here! Here is some information for you on them with some links to check them out and see if you'd like to participate:
glit47a5e557ab03e0.05535767.gif

Get involved with a CF Community Team
(There's PLENTY to do!)

Join up with CF's Forum Focus newspaper and write monthly articles that members of CF will get to read! Click here for more information and to join up: http://christianforums.com/t6690047-newspaper-application-2008.html

Help take care of CF's precious little pets by becoming one of the members of the CF Pet Team! Click here for more information and to join up: http://christianforums.com/t5155053-pet-workers-application.html

Help build the biggest Christian Wikiaround! CF has it's own Christian Wiki and needs people to help edit, update, and organize the entries! Help share your knowledge of Christianity with others. Click here for more information and to join up!

~Other Communities Available: CF Prayer Team, CF Welcome Angels, CF Character Design Team~

Take care and God bless!

Love always,
Tatiana
Community Tech Liaison
Angel15g.gif

Upvote 0

NostalgicGranny

Senior Veteran
Sep 2, 2007
Texas
✟25,776.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Welcome to the forums.
Have a blessed day.
[sign]Welcome[/sign]
Awesome! I'm glad you took the move so well.

We live in a small town in Texas. No horses or cattle but we have goats, chickens, ducks, and pigs.

So sorry your visit to the teen forum didn't work out. Maybe you can pick a few threads to watch and let the rest go. Meanwhile I hope to see you around some of the other threads & forums. You will find a lot of friendly people here.

http://christianforums.com/f15-friendship-court.html
http://christianforums.com/f247-blessings-exchange.html
http://christianforums.com/f848-character-dress-up-contests.html
http://christianforums.com/f276-the-radio-waves.html
http://christianforums.com/f198-music.html

Upvote 0

godismyabba

Bondservant of the Most High God
Dec 26, 2007
Lost in Space
✟17,298.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My husband lived in Pecos a short time, and 2 of my stepchildren were born there. We live in Carlsbad now, but you are right, hard not to miss Texas. I was born and raised in Big Spring. You get used to it though, I just realized I've been in NM half my life now, I moved here at 17 (!!!).

Get your education, and you can go anywhere you want. I would love to live in Ft. Davis or more towards the Big Bend area.

Nice to have you here.. btw, there is a teen sticky thread in the womens forum. We would love to have you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums