• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

hey people..i'm new

AdJesumPerMariam

To Jesus through Mary
Jan 26, 2004
At Home
Visit site
✟51,621.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
2.gif

WELCOME!

Upvote 0

Busta_Kapp

Dec 13, 2004
✟147.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
so who should i blame for my problems?? Isn't god almighty? Doesn't he have the choice to let someone live or die? Aren't our paths pre-destined as we were all made by god to do his "good tidings"? Shoudl i blame myself? I don't see how grandma was my fault. Who should i blame? Or should i just let it go by me without questioning jack all?

Upvote 0

beeks919

Dec 13, 2004
Southern California
✟7,674.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Dude..... why do you need someone to blame....????? Accept the fact that loved ones eventually die..... or you don't always get the job you want..... And we weren't created to do God's good tidings.... We were never supposed to die in the first place, but that's a consequence of Adam & Eve's sin.... See Genesis 3. He could have programmed us like robots.... but we have choice to accept His Love and Mercy, or to turn our back on it. Jesus died for your sins, to give us all a chance at salvation....

Check out Psalm 139, Romans 2:3-11, Romans 5, James 1:1-15.....

Upvote 0

mythrainbow

Oct 26, 2004
Tillamook, OR
✟16,223.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Green
Dude, nice to meet ya. I'm pretty new myself so I hope to see your posts around. Anways just wanted to reply to this quote

Busta_Kapp said:
Ask yourself this. Why should you live your life to please someone else who for all you know doesn't exist? Shouldn't you be making yourself happy as well? Where do you draw the line of pleasing god and pleasing yourself?
Well for me the only things that come out of me wanting to please myself is a whole bunch of trouble, regret, and failure. I've come to realize God is the only one who truly knows what will please me and keep in happiness and joy. He is my creator after all and did have a specific design for me.
So far no matter how many times I try to find "my" happiness the only thing I've been able to find is that I am incapable of doing anything I set out to do if I set out to do it without the Lord. And keeping myself from seeking to do things alone, seems to be eluding my grasp, I've been going against my design for so long I don't think I'd recognize it if I got hit in the head with it. I suppose that's where the term "Work in Progress" comes in.

Reactions: Saint2be27
Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟579,464.00
Faith
Christian
Do u want an answer from God? Todays gospel message for you.. u might already know this passage, u might not... but this should make u see that alot of our questions regarding God are answered in the bible... Id say 90% .. Best places to look are the psalms , the parables, proverbs, ecclesiastes... and Prophets who experienced alot of trials and had relationships with God... I also think that now is the best time to read the life of the saints... I know alot of Orthodox saints (but ofcourse there is also catholic and protestant saints) who's life is very inspiring and we can see them very blessed.
Also God has more to tell u in the bible and the more able u are to listen to Him in your spiritual growth the more u'll see His involvement in very small things in life.

King James Version

3 And he spake many things unto them in parables, saying, Behold, a sower went forth to sow;
4 And when he sowed, some seeds fell by the way side, and the fowls came and devoured them up:
5 Some fell upon stony places, where they had not much earth: and forthwith they sprung up, because they
had no deepness of earth:
6 And when the sun was up, they were scorched; and because they had no root, they withered away.
7 And some fell among thorns; and the thorns sprung up, and choked them:
8 But other fell into good ground, and brought forth fruit, some an hundredfold, some sixtyfold, some
thirtyfold.
9 Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.
10 And the disciples came, and said unto him, Why speakest thou unto them in parables?
11 He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of
heaven, but to them it is not given.
12 For whosoever hath, to him shall be given, and he shall have more abundance: but whosoever hath not,
from him shall be taken away even that he hath.
13 Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do
they understand.
14 And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not
understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive:
15 For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed;
lest at any time they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears, and should understand with their
heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.
16 But blessed are your eyes, for they see: and your ears, for they hear.
17 For verily I say unto you, That many prophets and righteous men have desired to see those things which ye
see, and have not seen them; and to hear those things which ye hear, and have not heard them.
18 Hear ye therefore the parable of the sower.
19 When any one heareth the word of the kingdom, and understandeth it not, then cometh the wicked one, and
catcheth away that which was sown in his heart. This is he which received seed by the way side.
20 But he that received the seed into stony places, the same is he that heareth the word, and anon with joy
receiveth it;
21 Yet hath he not root in himself, but dureth for a while: for when tribulation or persecution ariseth because of
the word, by and by he is offended.
22 He also that received seed among the thorns is he that heareth the word; and the care of this world, and the
deceitfulness of riches, choke the word, and he becometh unfruitful.
23 But he that received seed into the good ground is he that heareth the word, and understandeth it; which also
beareth fruit, and bringeth forth, some an hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty.

The devil trys puts quick deceiving thoughts in our minds to try to make us not think about it and ask God... Lucky u came to this forum.. I hope u stay firm in the faith and u will have abundant life.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

EbonNelumbo

Hope is a waking dream-Aristotle
Site Supporter
Jun 29, 2004
Oregon City, Oregon
Visit site
✟33,816.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Hey there. I am also in the realm of the unemployed and I am in college. Society is stupid, I have been out of a job for 6 months now and I am too another McDonalds reject,.....it is sad. I know that things happen for a reason, though the reason at the time is not always apparent.

Upvote 0

Breetai

For I am not ashamed of the Gospel...
Dec 3, 2003
✟23,820.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Busta_Kapp said:
so who should i blame for my problems?? Isn't god almighty? Doesn't he have the choice to let someone live or die? Aren't our paths pre-destined as we were all made by god to do his "good tidings"? Shoudl i blame myself? I don't see how grandma was my fault. Who should i blame? Or should i just let it go by me without questioning jack all?
Go and read the book of Ecclesiastes. It's right after Proverbs in the Old Testament. After you've done that, then come back here and whine about 'god almighty' making people live or die.

God has nothing at all to do with your Grandmother's death. That's the fault of the idiots who live in this world.

Upvote 0

carmi

Nov 1, 2004
✟16,723.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Busta_Kapp said:
Why shouldn't someone have to answer for my grandma's death? And since god makes all the decisions....shouldn't it be him? But...he couldn't answer. He never answers. Hence my dilemma.
In your op you wrote you were certain it was not her time ... she died in an accident. How certain are you that, had she grown older, she would not have been stricken with a painful disease? A disease that would have made her life miserable?

Was your grandmother saved? If she was saved, then her life is not over. I can understand missing her but not being bitter about her death. It may have been too soon in your eyes but she belongs to God and if God wanted her to come home at a certain time, it's a reason for sadness but not bitterness.

I am 44 years old and I know this much: I had all the time and opportunity to make the one decision that would make sure that I don't perish but have everlasting life no matter how and when I die.

I have lost people, friends and relatives. And you know something: I have to admit that God gave me time and opportunity to talk to them and to settle any disagreements and reconcile with them. I have no reason to be angry and/or bitter with God for taking any of them at an earlier than expected time.

Are you sure God never answers? How can you say that, since you got a job - maybe not the job you wanted and asked for but at least you do have a job and thereby means to pay for food and rent and maybe some extras.

You may not be aware of this (especially since you are so angry and bitter because of what is happening to you), some of us here are without a job for quite some time or have jobs that we really don't like that much but are grateful that we got them. Who would not want a more interesting and better paid job. We all know God could give us our dream job, we all know that often He gives us the opposite of our dream job, but we know He does give us at least a job.

I believe God did answer you when you got that one job. Just as I believe God answered me and was there for me when I got 2 jobs for 5 hours a week - enough to buy myself food. I could have been angry with Him and even disappointed. Because I know I needed more than that. But I was not angry or bitter - I was dismayed and confused but I know that He does take care of His children. I took it as a sign, a sign to have hope that not all is lost and that God will let me to continue ... and you know something, when I could not pay my rent anymore and had to tell my landlady that I have to move out, she said no way, I have no other boarder for that room and you can stay until you get enough work to pay. A few days later I did get temp jobs, so I am behind in my rent but not that much.

God is not angry at you, God is not deaf at your prayers and requests, God is with you. God knows how much you are with Him but He needs to show you at times how much are you with Him. Do you love Him only when He fulfills each and every request you have on time, or do you love Him when there are delays, postponements, and for all appearances even closed door.

God wants to level with you, He wants to take you to higher levels. It is up to you, the choice is still yours. You can walk at the same level or you can choose to let Him take you to higher grounds. One way to get you to higher grounds is to have you in a position where you jump and break out in dancing as king David because you got a small job that barely keeps you alive but praise God, you got a job. Or a kind neighbour brings you leftover food from their Christmas dinner and lo and behold you can feast for 2 days and even manage to save 3 bucks that week.

God's only Son, the Son He loved, was thirsty at times, did not always had a roof over His head and His job was a carpenter. Don't you think God could have chosen a different lifestyle for His only begotten Son, don't you think God could have given Him a different job, a better job?

He did not. So the One you are so bitter and angry at, knows full well how you feel, how it is and that one can get through this. He knows how to get through this. He never got bitter or angry at God for putting Him in that kind of position. Jesus Christ never blamed God His Father for giving Him the job of a carpenter and Jesus Christ worked as a carpenter for quite a while.

Jesus Christ also knows the pain of losing someone. Jesus Christ was very sad and grieved when He heard about Lazarus. But Jesus Christ is the Resurrection. In Him we have eternal life and all those who believe in Him.

You have reasons to be sad but not to be bitter.

Upvote 0

BlackRain

Dec 21, 2004
texas
✟8,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
i want you to know that i understand your thinking on your grandmother's death. my grandmother died in may and she didn't know the Lord. i loved her soooo much with all my heart and it was my hearts desire for her to know Christ. i prayed for ever and ever for her salvation. i believed with all my heart that she would know the Lord before her death. there was NO doubt in my mind whatsoever. talk about the biggest let down ever. because of that i turned away from Christ, well part of the reason, but...i'm on my way back home. i spent months in depression and self harming ****. i started to think that maybe God wasn't all he was said to be. but thankfully the Lord has given me another chance. i still struggle with my grandmother's death daily...hourly...constantly. i'm always thinking about it. sometimes i get mad at God, but i have to remind myself that everything happens for a reason, its all sketched out in his plan, so who am i to argue when my life is in his hands. so often i turn from that, though. its hard...i admit it. its not easy finding peace. i don't have it yet. i don't know if i ever will. i still have a knot of bitterness and anger inside of me. to be honest...praying helps...but sometimes i'm afraid to pray about it because i don't really want my pain to go...would that seem a little mean to just forget her? to let her go? to me it seems that way. sorry i'm totally rambling on and on. i just want you to know i understand part of your situation. all that matters is if you try to accept it...right now. God knows your pain...at least pray about it. praying gives me relief...to some extent. talking to God makes me feel better...although he doesn't always respond...he listens. maybe writing all of your feelings and thoughts down will help some. it's helped me somewhat. the worst part of all of this is facing the Lord. but read Heb. 4:16...its my favorite. i'll pray for you. no one wants pain, but without it we wouldn't grow and we wouldn't get stronger. i hope things get better for you. i'm always available if you need to talk. i know that what i said probably doesn't prove that God isn't smiting you, but i understand not thinking God is love and God is truly real because of personal experiences and grief. it's no fun, thats for sure. i pray that it'll get better for you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

doofus125

Goodbye
Aug 31, 2003
✟3,627.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Bro, I can truely understand where you are coming from when you say you are questioning God and his actions. I didn't grow up in the church, but at 19 I turned to God to try to deal with the hurt and pain in my life. 3 months ago my aunt, to whom I was very close to died. It was so sudden, she just dropped dead, she was in great health for 56. I spent many week nights and weekends with her and my cousin. When she died I was so angry with God and I still am. I can understand you wanting to blame someone for your grandmothers death because I am mad at God for takeing my aunt. I have to remind myself that even though she is gone now that we will be together again someday and when that someday comes we will be together forever with everyone else we love. Have you considered possibly going for some grief counceling? I know I am considering it myself, but just haveing made the move yet.

As for your job I do believe that God may be trying to humble you to make you realize he is in control and that he does have a plan. I'll be 26 years old next week and I drive a forklift in a warehouse for little money. Do you think that was the type of job I wanted when I was out of high school? Right out of high school I worked in a chemical factory doing all the dirty and dangerous stuff and I eventually did move up to management before I was let go because at 8.25 an hour I was "making to much money". I questioned God alot on why I was let go. I searched for a job for a year before I gave up. 2 months after I gave up I received a phone call asking me to come in for an interview through a temp agency and I was eventually hired. Now in that time I was off I only had unemployment for 9 months, the rest of the time I had no income, but had bills to pay, includeing a large car payment. I stressed and worried about it all, I became angry at God for allowing MY life to go down the drain. It wasn't until after the year of searching for a job that someone said to me "give it to God". It wasn't until I truely gave it to him that a door was opened for a job. It's definetly not my dream job driveing a forklift, but it's a job. I wanted to be a teacher, but didn't have the money to go to school. I think of how different my life would be if I had what I wanted and I realize that the life I have, even being as miserable as it has been, has been to strengthen me and to build character and a trust for him. I'm still frustrated with God and I dont' speak to him that often, but I know in the long run he is in control, otherwise all the times I try to screw my life up would happen. Even when it hurts and you want to punch God in the head for the way you feel, remember he is in control and has a purpose for you and where you are at. I'm going to recommend a book to you, it's all "A Purpose Driven Life" by Rick Warren. Go and get this book, read one chapter a day and learn what a true relationship with God is meant to be.

Take Care my friend,

Bill

Busta_Kapp said:
Hi all,
Good to be here. I used to be a christian through and through but lately I thin ki've lost my faith. I find myself questioning more and more why god would do the things he's done to me.

First incident was probably about six months ago. My grandmother died in a freak car accident in which her winshield was smashed and a chunk of glass got stuck i nher head, and i'm certain it was not her time. She was taken from me and I am still bitter about it.
The second thing that made me think was when i was tryin gto find a job. I'm fresh out of high school so I don't have much experience. Now i'm not a stupid guy but how in the heck do i not get accepted into mcdonalds or burger king?? And idiot can work there..except me apparently. Then i tried aplying for other less mentally "demanding" jobs. I tried to get into some landscaping but i'm too weak and they take one look at me and say heck no...this guy couldn't lift a feather. Finally i got a job beign a janitor. A lowly stinky janitor at a old folks home. And that ain't pretty.
So i'm here to try and find my way back if some people can help convince me that there is a god and that he's not spiting me.

anyway...I'll be around. Talk to y'all later.

Upvote 0

TheMainException

Senior Veteran
Jun 13, 2004
In my universe
✟19,228.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
hey, glad to see you around here man...nice meeting ya!

Hey, life's tough isn't it? I'm terrified of what is gonna happen when I get out of HS...but I'm praying about it...so I hope it won't be too bad.

Man...at least you got a job...at least you aren't on the street right? Work out a bit...start getting ready for next season and maybe next season, you'll be strong enough to lift the amount of weight they want you to be able and you can get that landscaping job.

Man, I love the fact that you are here seeking help. Keep trying, I'm here if you need anything....Lauren

Upvote 0