Unchanging Deposit of Faith, Traditional Catholic
May 10, 2007
✟213,086.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Hes devolving and yes it is.
If he says he will support Planned Parenthood (as Hillary said she would do) that would be a deal breaker, but immigration isn't. In fact, I had hoped that he would soften his stance on immigration a little. He's still not for open borders like Hillary is. He is just saying that he doesn't plan to kick everyone out.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,655,262.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
He is listening to his newly hired consultants. He is going soft. Thats not what made him popular.

Well it makes him look fake and phony to win. He is still saying things that sound hateful and ridiculous. What made him popular was he was entertaining in his horrid way. But taken seriously? Not many do except in a way where they do not want him running this country.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

AvilaSurfer

Site Supporter
May 14, 2015
NO
✟934,696.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
He is listening to his newly hired consultants. He is going soft. Thats not what made him popular.
It may not be what made him popular, but it absolutely is what capped his support. He's doing what a lot of politicians do, rant and rave during the primary and then come toward the middle during the general.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Miss Shelby

Legend
Feb 10, 2002
✟88,282.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
If he says he will support Planned Parenthood (as Hillary said she would do) that would be a deal breaker, but immigration isn't. In fact, I had hoped that he would soften his stance on immigration a little. He's still not for open borders like Hillary is. He is just saying that he doesn't plan to kick everyone out.
He's bending, just like his GOP rivals did on immigration. Voters didn't like it when they did it, and if they're like me they'll be less pleased with him for doing it.

Upvote 0

LivingWordUnity

Unchanging Deposit of Faith, Traditional Catholic
May 10, 2007
✟213,086.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
He's bending, just like his GOP rivals did on immigration. Voters didn't like it when they did it, and if they're like me they'll be less pleased with him for doing it.
Political candidates typically "pivot" at least a little bit after the primary since they are talking to a broader audience. Some Republicans will be less pleased with his softening on immigration, but the polls suggest that more will be pleased. And I don't think the Trump supporters who are less pleased are going to leave him just for this. Remember that there's no such thing as a political candidate that can please everyone 100%. And also remember that this is a binary choice between him or Hillary Clinton. So it's either his softened but still tough stand on immigration, tough stand on ISIS, and his promise to appoint conservative judges or Hillary's globalism, open borders, Pro-Abortion judges, and more of the same with ISIS.

Reactions: pdudgeon
Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,087,273.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I'm just hoping the "October surprise" will be Trump's tax returns.

I was listening to his most recent immigration rant (perhaps the third about-face in a week). About how immigrants had to leave the company and come back and pay all their back taxes.

And all I could think was, "Mister, have you EVER paid a dime of taxes in your life?" With depreciation and other tax breaks, many real estate moguls don't pay any taxes at all...

Isn't there something dreadfully immoral (not that I've ever seen any indications that Trump is moral) about a giant tax grab on people who risked their lives coming here for a better way of life for their families when Trump, the orchestrator of this idea, may have never paid a dime in taxes on his 4 plus billion dollars?

No wonder why he's begun to lose in conservative Missouri. I lived in Missouri long enough to say, "Show me!"

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Political candidates typically "pivot" at least a little bit after the primary since they are talking to a broader audience. Some Republicans will be less pleased with his softening on immigration, but the polls suggest that more will be pleased. And I don't think the Trump supporters who are less pleased are going to leave him just for this. Remember that there's no such thing as a political candidate that can please everyone 100%. And also remember that this is a binary choice between him or Hillary Clinton. So it's either his softened but still tough stand on immigration, tough stand on ISIS, and his promise to appoint conservative judges or Hillary's globalism, open borders, Pro-Abortion judges, and more of the same with ISIS.

agreed. we have a chance to either stay and improve the USA, or else be more like Europe.
the whole idea of the issue of immigration is two-fold;
1. either come here to improve your lot like his ancestors did (Trump)
2. or else come here to destroy us, and get a free ride in the offing. (Hillary)

Reactions: topcare
Upvote 0

Miss Shelby

Legend
Feb 10, 2002
✟88,282.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Isn't there something dreadfully immoral (not that I've ever seen any indications that Trump is moral) about a giant tax grab on people who risked their lives coming here for a better way of life for their families
There is nothing moral about knowingly entering a country illegally to 'live in the shadows' and collect free stuff. That's called breaking the law.

Reactions: topcare
Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,087,273.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
There is nothing moral about knowingly entering a country illegally to 'live in the shadows' and collect free stuff. That's called breaking the law.
Undocumented immigrants DO pay taxes. Sales taxes, for starters. Or maybe two share one social security #--thereby putting them into a higher tax bracket when they file.

Or maybe they have taxes deducted on a false SSN and can't file to get the refund other people with their incomes do.

And "free stuff?" Sheesh, you've been listening to Joni Ernst too much.

Like the teenager in our town who needed a kidney transplant...Do you know how this child got her free stuff? After her father was beaten up on the streets and deported in front of her eyes, her mother had to abandon her so that she could be raised and adopted by an aunt with a green card.

If you were a teen who needed a kidney transplant, would you have wanted to see your father beaten and deported and have your mother abandon you so that you could survive?

But YAY! Our super-duper giveaway government gave her a kidney transplant---after she had to lose both her father AND mother.

The politicians who say immigrants are getting all this "free stuff" are sick!

Trump is getting "free stuff." Perhaps billions of debts forgiven 4 times--bankrupting the small business people--contractors, roofers, carpenters, bricklayers--who did tons of work for him and never got paid.

The Brookings Tax Policy Center says he may not be paying a dime.

But yeah, let's send a father home so his kids can starve and then make him pay thousands to come back--while Trump cheats the government out of millions--and the small business men who were stupid enough to work for him lose their shirts when he declares bankruptcy.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/12/b...trump-pay-in-taxes-it-could-be-zero.html?_r=0

No one should be surprised, though, if Donald J. Trump has paid far less — perhaps even zero federal income tax in some years. Indeed, that’s the expectation of numerous real estate and tax professionals I’ve interviewed in recent weeks.

Even with hundreds of millions in gross revenue from his vast real estate empire, “it’s both possible and legal that Donald Trump would pay little or no income tax,” said Len Green, an accountant and chairman of the Green Group, a tax and accounting advisory firm. Mr. Green is also a real estate investor, teaches at Babson College and is the author of the forthcoming “The Entrepreneur’s Playbook.”

“I would expect he’s paying little or no tax,” agreed Steven M. Rosenthal, a veteran tax lawyer and senior fellow at the Urban-Brookings Tax Policy center.

Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

MikeK

Traditionalist Catholic
Feb 4, 2004
Wisconsin
✟90,821.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

I don't think that's a very good description of the motivation of most illegal immigrants. Most that I know work very hard and would like very much to be legit American citizens with all the advantages that citizenship brings.

Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.