Northern Illniois
✟39,310.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
I think that a candidate should have significant experience in government before he or she attempts a job as demanding as the presidency.

Mr. Cain has never served on a City Council, a County Board or in a State Legislature. His single previous attempt to secure political office was a failed primary campaign for the national Senate in 2004.

It would be silly to elect a man with no experience in the actual work of governing to the highest position in our government.

Upvote 0

kermit

Legend
Nov 13, 2003
Visit site
✟27,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Uhh...no comment...^_^
If you are trying to indicate that Obama had no experience I suggest you go back and look at his actual history and not the one that Palin, Limbaugh, Hannity, Savage, Ingram, Coulter, Malkin, Steyn, and a host of others would have us beleive.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gawron
Upvote 0
J

jamesrwright3

If you are trying to indicate that Obama had no experience I suggest you go back and look at his actual history and not the one that Palin would have us beleive.

Obama didn't have the experience to be President. That was apparent. He started running for the Presidency as soon as he was elected to the Senate..He didn't really care about being a good Senator..He was concerned about the aggrandizement of power.

Upvote 0

Veritas

1 Lord, 1 Faith, 1 Baptism
Aug 7, 2003
Pacific NW USA
Visit site
✟109,662.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
I think that a candidate should have significant experience in government before he or she attempts a job as demanding as the presidency.

Mr. Cain has never served on a City Council, a County Board or in a State Legislature. His single previous attempt to secure political office was a failed primary campaign for the national Senate in 2004.

It would be silly to elect a man with no experience in the actual work of governing to the highest position in our government.

IOW, not much different than Obama. The had NO executive experience and was only a junior senator who spent most of his time in office campaigning. With Obama's election, we have now set the bar pretty low for what constitutes "experience".

Upvote 0

Veritas

1 Lord, 1 Faith, 1 Baptism
Aug 7, 2003
Pacific NW USA
Visit site
✟109,662.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
Palin again! Man, she is responsible for everything!

Including the sun rising in the East and setting in the West. What a miracle worker that woman is!

Reactions: EdwinWillers
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

jayem

Naturalist
Jun 24, 2003
St. Louis, MO.
✟374,039.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Lack of elective office experience per se doesn't bother me. However, upper echelon business executives are often used to having near plenary authority. The CEO sets policy, and employees either follow or leave. Politics is quite different--one never gets everything one wants. Political leaders have to make compromises in order to accomplish anything. Is he willing to do this? To me, he comes off as rather authoritarian and inflexible in those video clips. In recent history, it's kinda unusual for high level business leaders to transition successfully to national elective office. They often have "prickly" personalities, which make them poor candidates--i.e., Ross Perot and Carly Fiorina. The last President I can think of who's background was primarily business was Herbert Hoover.

BTW: His bio notes that he's a Director of the Kansas City FRB. Are conservatives ok with this?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Zadok7000

Awake and Sober
Mar 21, 2005
Visit site
✟11,765.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
we could have Chris Wallace as his running mate, and have an entire ticket of people who Bill Clinton made look stupid

Already with the name calling?
Cain was right then and still right today.

Upvote 0

Zadok7000

Awake and Sober
Mar 21, 2005
Visit site
✟11,765.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Lack of elective office experience per se doesn't bother me. However, upper echelon business executives are often used to having near plenary authority. The CEO sets policy, and employees either follow or leave. Politics is quite different--one never gets everything one wants. Political leaders have to make compromises in order to accomplish anything. Is he willing to do this? To me, he comes off as rather authoritarian and inflexible in those video clips. In recent history, it's kinda unusual for high level business leaders to transition successfully to national elective office. They often have "prickly" personalities, which make them poor candidates--i.e., Ross Perot and Carly Fiorina. The last President I can think of who's background was primarily business was Herbert Hoover.

Give him a chance as this year goes on.
PS if Perot was the Republican nominee he would have won in 92. He was also leading Clinton and Bush by a wide margin until he temporarily dropped out of the race in July...

BTW: His bio notes that he's a Director of the Kansas City FRB. Are conservatives ok with this?

Little known fact, we conservatives think for ourselves. ;)
Fine with me. And he's ok with Ron Paul's drive for a Fed audit.

Last edited:
Upvote 0