Here's my problem, I believe in evolution, and it brings up doubts especially in the OT...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle Siggy

Promulgator of Annoying Tidbits of Information
Dec 4, 2015
Ohio
✟61,528.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
If you are seeing Leprechauns let me know if you get their gold.

seasonal-celebrations-leprechaun-preservative-birthday-alcoholic-alcoholic_drinks-snin161l.jpg

Reactions: redleghunter
Upvote 0

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟270,357.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The way that the Gospel of Mark abruptly cuts off makes it difficult to believe that the original end hasn't gone missing.

well there is a interesting argument that it was intentional, throughout mark jesus tells the discples to not tell anyone about what they see yet they do, and the one time he tells them to tell others...they don't.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
The way that the Gospel of Mark abruptly cuts off makes it difficult to believe that the original end hasn't gone missing.

Which in turn makes it difficult to believe, as many Christians do, that God has miraculously preserved His word throughout the centuries.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
well there is a interesting argument that it was intentional, throughout mark jesus tells the discples to not tell anyone about what they see yet they do, and the one time he tells them to tell others...they don't.

It's an interesting idea, to be sure.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But you are without excuse.

"no human has an excuse as we can see the Divine attributes of Leprechauns in the Creation"

No you can't unless you have something to reveal to us.

Banshees are a different matter. One is running for the Democratic nomination.

Reactions: Uncle Siggy
Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's revealed in the creation, and you have no excuse.

"no human has an excuse as we can see the Divine attributes of Leprechauns in the Creation"

No I believe you need to provide some evidence.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

There are several views from textual criticism, however the early church fathers did quote the version we have today.

http://www.bible-researcher.com/endmark.html

http://www.bible-researcher.com/endmark.html#dissent

As early as Irenaeus.

When in doubt about the Greek ask a Greek Orthodox.

Their version has the longer ending. The same one affirmed by the early fathers.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟270,357.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Have you ever watched the documentary "everything is a rich mans trick"? This kind of conspiracy is not as difficult as they would like you to believe. We don't know the half of what is true and not.

People can't even keep small conspiracies from being discovered and such, how would something this massive even work, especially when many of those part of it are the very ones that would want to expose it? Whats the profit or even benefit of this kind of conspiracy? When astronomy, archeology, genetics, palientology, geology, and many other sciences are all perpetuating this conspiracy to gain what?

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Have you ever watched the documentary "everything is a rich mans trick"? This kind of conspiracy is not as difficult as they would like you to believe. We don't know the half of what is true and not.

If these conspiracies are so effective, how is it that documentaries can be made to expose them?

PROTIP: The entire point of a conspiracy is to keep it secret...

Upvote 0

Hoghead1

Oct 27, 2015
✟8,968.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
The situation with the ending of Mark's gospel, 16:9-19, is that it is not found in any of the earliest Bibles. I think you will also find that St. Jerome stated it is was there. Also, it is in a very different literary style from the rest of Mark. The obvious conclusion, then, is that it is a later forgery.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
People can't even keep small conspiracies from being discovered and such, how would something this massive even work, especially when many of those part of it are the very ones that would want to expose it? Whats the profit or even benefit of this kind of conspiracy? When astronomy, archeology, genetics, palientology, geology, and many other sciences are all perpetuating this conspiracy to gain what?
Have you watched it?

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
If these conspiracies are so effective, how is it that documentaries can be made to expose them?

PROTIP: The entire point of a conspiracy is to keep it secret...
Well, they don't have to worry because the majority of the people don't believe them and the ones that believe it are made to be fools......

Did you watch the video?

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I don't watch conspiracy videos, provide something substantial that means something.
Well, would you like people to slam the Bible if they had not read it?

You have no right to make claims about a video if you have not viewed it. Watch it then I will listen to your critique.

Upvote 0

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟270,357.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Well, would you like people to slam the Bible if they had not read it?

You have no right to make claims about a video if you have not viewed it. Watch it then I will listen to your critique.

I don't need to watch a conspiracy video to know it's bunk, it's the same nonsense we've heard for years people with no connection to reality complaining about how all of X is just one big conspiracy, it's nonsense, I don't need to study everything to realize it's stupid.

Reactions: Jimmy D
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.