Here is where I am going for my honeymoon.

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟433,756.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
North Korea. I figure getting sentenced to 10 years of hard labor will adequately prepare me for the subsequent 30 years of marriage.

But seriously, I'd rather go here:

bora-bora.jpg

Upvote 0

Noxot

anarchist personalist
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2007
dallas, texas
Visit site
✟231,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
planet earth. i guess if I don't get it then there is always tomorrow. hopefully each day is unique and great. I would expect nothing less from God, it will be especially nice when I fully become myself with no evils. but if love grows cold then why make anything to begin with.

honestly, a honeymoon falls into the category of "holidays" for me. I think every day should be special and one goal of life is to be truly happy. bah, human categories. people have made this world too much about struggling, I guess that too many atheist have giant egos with something to prove. not me, I just want genuine pleasure as much as possible.

it is disgusting that money would have anything to do with what we should do in our lives. being a creature is annoying. honeymoons should never end. I guess as much time as I would be happy with my wife would be a honeymoon.

how would I know where to go on a honeymoon? it's not like my wife is here to help sort it out. ideally nature would be a big part of our honeymoon. I can't think of much anything better to do than to live with all the beautiful and useful things of nature. or if we could manage to establish a monthly income it would never be out of the question to live in an rv and go wherever we felt like. so I guess it just depends.

Last edited:
Reactions: MotherFirefly
Upvote 0

Squeakers

Cat and music lover.
Dec 21, 2007
Way in the back, off to the left.
✟70,915.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
If I really could, I'd love to go to Ireland or Germany for my honeymoon.

Realistically, my man and I are both pretty poor, so we'd probably just stay home and cozy up.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Have no preference really wherever we decide to go as long as its together. In the OT i was surprised to learn the husband is supposed to take an entire year off work to please his new wife. Its in deuteronomy.

You can now do these round the world cruises but thats gonna set you back a bit and then leave you no money to set up a house lol. Which is why only retired couples seem to go on those...they are having their belated honeymoons.

Upvote 0

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Have no preference really wherever we decide to go as long as its together. In the OT i was surprised to learn the husband is supposed to take an entire year off work to please his new wife. Its in deuteronomy.

You can now do these round the world cruises but thats gonna set you back a bit and then leave you no money to set up a house lol. Which is why only retired couples seem to go on those...they are having their belated honeymoons.

Deuteronomy 24:5 He doesn't take a year off from working, he just isn't supposed to go into the military or do something that takes him away from his wife for that year. Unless her dowry is one doosie of a dowry, no young adult has the kind of money to support a wife for a year without any income. That would mean almost no men got married young. I think it is also to allow the couple to get to know each other and bond.

Upvote 0

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
I think maybe if hes smart he might lol.
Ive taken sabbatical and had nothing for a year except savings. Who wants a workaholic husband???

Did you pay rent, food, and utilities or live with someone else who paid those for you?

Why do you assume "going to work" and "workaholic" are the same thing? Most women do want a man who has a job and actually goes on a regular basis.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Toro

Oh, Hello!
Jan 27, 2012
You don't get to stalk me. :|
✟338,520.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Try Bora Bora my friend!

Okay, good cause the Bahamas are highly overrated. Cancun is more of a college party town than a honeymoon destination (Luckily I was around college age when I was there so I had a blast.) and Cozumel, while it IS a perfect spot for a honeymoon it is HORRIBLE if you want to do anything at all outside the hotel grounds. (When I went it was a $100 cab ride just to get to town.... :| ) Spent $200 just to get to and from the airport. Of course you dont go on vacation expecting to spend nothing, but NOT an expense you want to pick up too much of either.

Never been to fiji or bora bora.

I think I will stick with the Mexico resorts..... Bora Bora is over near all the angry sharks..... Im too tasty to swim around sharks. :|

Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟433,756.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Okay, good cause the Bahamas are highly overrated. Cancun is more of a college party town than a honeymoon destination (Luckily I was around college age when I was there so I had a blast.) and Cozumel, while it IS a perfect spot for a honeymoon it is HORRIBLE if you want to do anything at all outside the hotel grounds. (When I went it was a $100 cab ride just to get to town.... :| ) Spent $200 just to get to and from the airport. Of course you dont go on vacation expecting to spend nothing, but NOT an expense you want to pick up too much of either.

Yeah to be honest Bora Bora is the only tropical location at all that I have any interest in going to. I'm much more of the alpine/oceanic type. But if the lady wants a sandy beach for some post-wedding R&R, that's my compromise. :p

Though I would go to Tahiti cause the surfing's pretty dope there.

I think I will stick with the Mexico resorts..... Bora Bora is over near all the angry sharks..... Im too tasty to swim around sharks. :|

Yeah at this point you'd probably taste like a taco to them.

Upvote 0