as close to Jesus as I can be
✟17,075.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You said it my friend, keep His commands. And there's only two. His yoke is not heavy. That said, if you believe something is sin in your heart, then it is. I personally will just stick with the two commands and let Gods love do the rest. We can never give the world enough love. Male, female, who cares....just love, love, love. But that's me. God bless!
you are not God, you can not determine what sin is, if you Love God you fulfill the 1st commandment of the two, but if you love God you will yield yourself to righteousness and no longer to unrighteousness, there will be a renewing of the mind. this is not a Burger King religion, you can't have it your way, then sing oh how I love Jesus. If God blessed something and you love Him then you should stay away from that thing that he has cursed!

Romans 6:11-15
11 Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.
12 Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.
13 Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God.
14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.
15 What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.
KJV

Yes God is love, But there is the wrath of God that is poured out on those that are not for Him, if you are for Him you can't be against Him! many went before Him on judgement day thinking they had served Him and done great works in His name, but were not allowed to enter into His rest!

Upvote 0

WilliamB

Apr 21, 2011
Miami, FL
✟2,869.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
you are not God, you can not determine what sin is, if you Love God you fulfill the 1st commandment of the two, but if you love God you will yield yourself to righteousness and no longer to unrighteousness, there will be a renewing of the mind. this is not a Burger King religion, you can't have it your way, then sing oh how I love Jesus. If God blessed something and you love Him then you should stay away from that thing that he has cursed!

Romans 6:11-15
11 Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.
12 Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.
13 Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God.
14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.
15 What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.
KJV

Yes God is love, But there is the wrath of God that is poured out on those that are not for Him, if you are for Him you can't be against Him! many went before Him on judgement day thinking they had served Him and done great works in His name, but were not allowed to enter into His rest!

Sin is dead because I am free from the law. One who operates in love, no longer needs a written law because they follow the law written on their hearts, guided by the Spirit. This is the message of Romans and several other letters of Paul.

"For many will come in my name, and I will say I never knew you.". This is a passage to the religious who do not find love because as I said, you don't know God if you don't know love. Some may find religion, but they fail to welcome the love of Christ in their hearts. The love of God produces His good works through us and no one should seek to prevent that for the sake of mans ideologies.

I'm truly not trying to judge you. I've been there and for me and those around me, it was a horrible, miserable existence, full of law and devoid of love.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

His_disciple3

Nov 22, 2010
✟17,075.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Sin is dead because I am free from the law. One who operates in love, no longer needs a written law because they follow the law written on their hearts, guided by the Spirit. This is the message of Romans and several other letters of Paul.

"For many will come in my name, and I will say I never knew you.". This is a passage to the religious who do not find love because as I said, you don't know God if you don't know love. Some may find religion, but they fail to welcome the love of Christ in their hearts. The love of God produces His good works through us and no one should seek to prevent that for the sake of mans ideologies.

I'm truly not trying to judge you. I've been there and for me and those around me, it was a horrible, miserable existence, full of law and devoid of love.
You can love God and live as you please, but if you truely love God the things of God will please you, and you will walk in the way of the Lord, guided by the HOly Spirit, Whom Will never lead you into paths that are not are the Lord, If God has cursed something the Holy Ghost will Not lead you to do that what God has cursed, never ever. the ones that had to depart were not religious folks without love they did acts of passion, by casting out devils and healing the sick, But They took the glory for those works as they said But Lord look at the mighty works WE did, God said a woman was not to have authority over man, a pastor has to have authority or is set up as head of the local assembly. so if a ministry has a woman as leader ( unless it only ministers to woman) is that ministry lined up with the Word of God or against the Word of God? Can one say that we love God but despise His word? or if we say that we have not His Holy word then how do we dtermine when a brotheror sister falls into sin that we are to restore them with Love. A murderer could say that thou shalt not kill, is old fashioned, a rapist could say that they loved the one they raped. a child abuser could say they acted in love, so we go around in a circle, we have no king and every ones does what is right in their own eyes, and as long as we do it in the name of Love, live and let live. GOD FORBID!!!!

I take joy in keeping the Word of the Lord, for I found as paul said it is the least I could do, after all God has done for me, it is only a reasonable service to the Lord! the only ones around me that are misable are the ones that despise the Word of God

Last edited:
Upvote 0

WilliamB

Apr 21, 2011
Miami, FL
✟2,869.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You can love God and live as you please, but if you truely love God the things of God will please you, and you will walk in the way of the Lord, guided by the HOly Spirit, Whom Will never lead you into paths that are not are the Lord, If God has cursed something the Holy Ghost will Not lead you to do that what God has cursed, never ever. the ones that had to depart were not religious folks without love they did acts of passion, by casting out devils and healing the sick, But They took the glory for those works as they said But Lord look at the mighty works WE did, God said a woman was not to have authority over man, a pastor has to have authority or is set up as head of the local assembly. so if a ministry has a woman as leader ( unless it only ministers to woman) is that ministry lined up with the Word of God or against the Word of God? Can one say that we love God but despise His word? or if we say that we have not His Holy word then how do we dtermine when a brotheror sister falls into sin that we are to restore them with Love. A murderer could say that thou shalt not kill, is old fashioned, a rapist could say that they loved the one they raped. a child abuser could say they acted in love, so we go around in a circle, we have no king and every ones does what is right in their own eyes, and as long as we do it in the name of Love, live and let live. GOD FORBID!!!!

I take joy in keeping the Word of the Lord, for I found as paul said it is the least I could do, after all God has done for me, it is only a reasonable service to the Lord! the only ones around me that are misable are the ones that despise the Word of God

Good luck with that! God bless! :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

His_disciple3

Nov 22, 2010
✟17,075.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Good luck with that! God bless! :thumbsup:
I don't believe in luck !!

Romans 7:6
6 But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.
KJV
even where there is no law there is still a service, of doing good and resisting evil that is expected of God's people. do we walk with God guided by the Holy Spirit or walk contrary to God Guided By the Holy Spirit, if the spirit that is guiding us is not going with God and His Word, then rest assured it is not the Holy Spirit of God that guides us. and we are even blaspheming (speaking evil of) the Holy Spirit of God to say that it guides us contrary of the Holy scriptures!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Nemnar

Mar 15, 2012
✟7,698.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
His Deciple3, love thy neighbor as thy self pretty much covers murdering, raping, stealing, and what it doesnt cover, love the lord thy God with all thy mind, heart, soul and strength covers the rest. I dont know who said it, but someone said we "determined" sin, and someone rebuttled it. Really, in a way we do determine sin, he that knows to do right and does it not, to him it is sin. Also, I have not seen a verse that says a woman should not pray in the presence of a man, only to learn in silence, which wasnt the case, or to ursurp athority over man, which wasnt the case, or to teach a man, which wasnt the case.It says for woman to submit to her husbands, he wasnt there, so that wasnt the case either. And I would like to mention in praying that Jesus said they He knows what we need before we ask.

Upvote 0

savedfromdistruction

Dec 30, 2006
Texas
Visit site
✟8,870.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I need some help here please, and the more scripture the better.

Here's the story. A good friend of mine and her husband just got saved around 10 days ago. Today their daughter who is about 10 months old was taken to the PICU at a major hospital in our area because she began having seizures. Another good friend and I (who are both good friends with the couple) took off for the hospital to be with them and show them support from their church family. When we got there, we encouraged them, spoke with them, assured them that God saving them was Him preparing them for this trial so that He could give them peace to get through it. Before we left, I told them I thought we should pray. It was something I had felt lead to do when I was driving down.

So we all joined hands and mommy and daddy held baby's hand and I was asked to lead us in prayer. I did so and when we were done they thank us and we all hugged and such and we left for a bit.

Anyways, My girlfriend and I went and had lunch, witnessed to their family (all of them were lost) and invited them to church as much as we could, and decided get the baby a sock monkey and say our last goodbye before heading home. It felt wonderful today to know our friends had a. gotten what they claimed they had (salvation) and b. to be able to go down and just comfort them in a way that only God's children can do for one another.

I was so excited I called my husband (who is a preacher) and told him everything. When I got to the part about being asked to pray aloud, he told me I was in the wrong for doing it. There was a man present and it was not my place because by doing that I was usurping authority over a man.

I know my role as a woman based on the scriptures, but I also know that when men are first saved, even though they automatically assume that role of spiritual leader, they still need to be taught. The baby's Dad hasn't even been asked to pray aloud or had to yet so in a way I don't think he really knew how. I mean he knows how to pray but to do it in such a public way (if that makes sense?)... Anyways, I told my husband that since we were the more seasoned Christians in the room, it was our role to spiritually lead in that sense, especially since we were asked to. My husband says I have no scripture to support this and I was in the wrong...

Yet I have no conviction, and God had laid it on my heart to do that since we had headed down there because I knew no men from our church would be present to pray with them and I felt as a preacher's wife it was my duty... Was I wrong? I don't feel a conviction? Can anyone help point me in the way of scripture that shows that sometimes when a woman is saved before a man she has to be the spiritual leader until the man has learned enough to assume that role?

Wow great question. No you were not wrong to pray. You were asked and it was not improper for you to pray. However there is another issue here. Your husband who is your head feels it is wrong and since there is no command for you to pray, but there is for yuo to submit, you need to conform to his belief in the future until he can see his error. Pray for him in private, do not argue, or debate with him about this, remember you are to win him with silence not arguments, and wait on the Lord. It may take some time for him to see his error in this, but if you are faithful to your calling and him to his the Lord will show him his error.

Upvote 0
Apr 14, 2012
✟7,781.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
Wow great question. No you were not wrong to pray. You were asked and it was not improper for you to pray. However there is another issue here. Your husband who is your head feels it is wrong and since there is no command for you to pray, but there is for yuo to submit, you need to conform to his belief in the future until he can see his error. Pray for him in private, do not argue, or debate with him about this, remember you are to win him with silence not arguments, and wait on the Lord. It may take some time for him to see his error in this, but if you are faithful to your calling and him to his the Lord will show him his error.

So what if a husband is totally wrong, lets say he were to say he feels they should pray to the mother earth rather than God the father. should a women still submit to her husband???

At what point does a women have the right to have her own opinion and choose to do what she believes is right by God rather than to submit to what she believes to be false???

Upvote 0

WilliamB

Apr 21, 2011
Miami, FL
✟2,869.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
So what if a husband is totally wrong, lets say he were to say he feels they should pray to the mother earth rather than God the father. should a women still submit to her husband???

At what point does a women have the right to have her own opinion and choose to do what she believes is right by God rather than to submit to what she believes to be false???

A woman has absolute right, right now. Today, anytime she pleases. I finally see the problem. Christ came to free us from the law and many have stuck themselves and their spouses back under the yoke of another law. Notably, the teachings of Paul. That is really sad. Just FYI for those still living in the stone age, the teachings of Paul are not a new law. Hes just a preacher and he has no authority to institute new laws.

There's only one law and you are free from it. It's not surprising to me that fundys and baptists have the highest rate of divorce in the country. You know who has the lowest divorce rate? Athiests! ^_^. Imagine that!

For as the bible says, when those without the law still do what is righteous, they are a law unto themselves. They prove that they listen to the law written on their hearts. When will we start doing what Christ died for us to be able to do? Listen to our hearts.

Upvote 0

His_disciple3

Nov 22, 2010
✟17,075.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
His Deciple3, love thy neighbor as thy self pretty much covers murdering, raping, stealing, and what it doesnt cover, love the lord thy God with all thy mind, heart, soul and strength covers the rest. I dont know who said it, but someone said we "determined" sin, and someone rebuttled it. Really, in a way we do determine sin, he that knows to do right and does it not, to him it is sin. Also, I have not seen a verse that says a woman should not pray in the presence of a man, only to learn in silence, which wasnt the case, or to ursurp athority over man, which wasnt the case, or to teach a man, which wasnt the case.It says for woman to submit to her husbands, he wasnt there, so that wasnt the case either. And I would like to mention in praying that Jesus said they He knows what we need before we ask.

could You show me where that I ever said that a woman should not pray in the presence of a man. My First post in this thread said that people came together to pray for Peter at Mary's house while he was in prison. But i did say that many Baptist have separate prayer meeting for men and women , and they feel this is scriptural, for in the jewish temple there was a court for men and a separate court for women. Now what I am saying after that is man is over woman(scripturally) this has been since the fall as Christ is head of the Church. and that the op shouldn't be looking for someone to say that her husband which is a pastor is wrong!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Apr 14, 2012
✟7,781.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
A woman has absolute right, right now. Today, anytime she pleases. I finally see the problem. Christ came to free us from the law and many have stuck themselves and their spouses back under the yoke of another law. Notably, the teachings of Paul. That is really sad. Just FYI for those still living in the stone age, the teachings of Paul are not a new law. Hes just a preacher and he has no authority to institute new laws.

There's only one law and you are free from it. It's not surprising to me that fundys and baptists have the highest rate of divorce in the country. You know who has the lowest divorce rate? Athiests! ^_^. Imagine that!

For as the bible says, when those without the law still do what is righteous, they are a law unto themselves. They prove that they listen to the law written on their hearts. When will we start doing what Christ died for us to be able to do? Listen to our hearts.

Just to clarify I'm with you on these issues. I believe we are all Equal in the eyes of God, Man or Women and no one is to submit to anybody but God when it comes to spiritual issues. I also believe a marriage is 50/50 husband and wife should work as one not husband dictate and wife follow...

Upvote 0

WilliamB

Apr 21, 2011
Miami, FL
✟2,869.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Just to clarify I'm with you on these issues. I believe we are all Equal in the eyes of God, Man or Women and no one is to submit to anybody but God when it comes to spiritual issues. I also believe a marriage is 50/50 husband and wife should work as one not husband dictate and wife follow...

I know you do. As it relates to this topic, keep speaking the truth. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

savedfromdistruction

Dec 30, 2006
Texas
Visit site
✟8,870.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Your not even a Christian so it really does not matter what you believe. What matters is what the bible teaches. Being a Christian is not doing what we think or logically believe to be correct. Being a Christian means we are surrendered to God and His Word and what we do is based on His commands and precepts not personal ideals.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

savedfromdistruction

Dec 30, 2006
Texas
Visit site
✟8,870.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

At the point that his leadership violates a clear command of God.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums