Jun 7, 2015
✟16,892.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
the occult is on my mind thinking i can join it again thinking its ok to be involved with the occult i see someone about this on the 9th of dec but i feel i cant wait that long for help unsure what to do about this the devil wants me to follow him
i cant i have to follow Jesus

EPHESIANS6:10-11

Jun 7, 2015
✟16,892.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
its like get obsessed with other faiths like pagan stuff its like i cant stop myself
its causing problem with my mental health and its making me seem like superficial and that no one understands why i do it
its gotten a lot worse the last few months and i dont know what to do

Upvote 0
Feb 13, 2011
✟7,881.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Dear Albion,
Here's a prayer that I'm sure that God will answer if you pray it and truly mean it from your heart:
Dear Father God, I want to believe that you are. Help me to know that you are real,and that you sent your only begotten Son Jesus to die for me, and pay for my sins. Show me someway, in a way that I will know this, and I will turn my life over to you, and love and serve you with my life. (and end your prayer by saying" I ask this in Jesus name. Amen!

If you do this, He WILL show Himself to you somehow, and your concerns over the occult will be answered.

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I think a while back you were saying you had a pagan or occult altar in your home and we advised you to get rid of it...have you done this?

If you have any idols in your home its best to be rid of them. Trash can, garbage, dump, fireplace..shredder. Doesn't matter how much it may have cost. If they even in the back of a closet somewhere, get rid of it. God doesn't want you to worship any idols.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Dear Albion,
Here's a prayer that I'm sure that God will answer if you pray it and truly mean it from your heart:
Dear Father God, I want to believe that you are. Help me to know that you are real,and that you sent your only begotten Son Jesus to die for me, and pay for my sins. Show me someway, in a way that I will know this, and I will turn my life over to you, and love and serve you with my life. (and end your prayer by saying" I ask this in Jesus name. Amen!

If you do this, He WILL show Himself to you somehow, and your concerns over the occult will be answered.
I haven't expressed any "concerns over the occult," Darrell. Did you address your message to the wrong poster? ;)

Upvote 0

Jun 7, 2015
✟16,892.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
i still have stuff in the house my husband says he not prepared to just get rid of it
I know he wants me to sell it but he said it maybe a while until we get someone to take it
...He cant just dump it somewhere
i dont want the money i just want rid of it my husband don't understand why i need to get rid of it he says there are no such things as demons bad spirits etc my husband is an atheist he don't understand what the problem is with having it there

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
i still have stuff in the house my husband says he not prepared to just get rid of it
I know he wants me to sell it but he said it maybe a while until we get someone to take it
...He cant just dump it somewhere
i dont want the money i just want rid of it my husband don't understand why i need to get rid of it he says there are no such things as demons bad spirits etc my husband is an atheist he don't understand what the problem is with having it there
That does seem like a problem. How about putting it in a storage locker where you will continue to own it until something better can be decided on but it will be out of sight and off the premises?

Upvote 0

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
its like get obsessed with other faiths like pagan stuff its like i cant stop myself
its causing problem with my mental health and its making me seem like superficial and that no one understands why i do it
its gotten a lot worse the last few months and i dont know what to do
Study the Bible, pray without ceasing and find an accountability partner to help encourage you unto righteousness. Yield yourself to the working of the HS (core of what prayer is, but lots of people don't know that, so I clarify)

May you be set free from your evil desires and discover in Christ true freedom.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
As to the "things", have you explained to your husband how important it is for you yourself to not have them around? Have you explained that you personally need to be free from them, that he has to make his own choices, but as for you and your choice, the two of you need to come to some kind of agreement and "compromise" that works for both of you?

Upvote 0

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
We cant afford it we are on disability benefits as we cant work due to my mental health and my husband cant work because he my full time carer
we are just getting by with what we have at the moment
okay, I don't know your whole situation, but I do know that from the standpoint of the real Church, that is, every true believer in word and deed not just words alone, there should be someone that could help you find a way to rid yourself of this stuff.

Is there someone who can intervene? If I was able, I would buy it all from you and destroy it myself, but that simply isn't possible, but I'm sure it is possible for one of God's children to step in. How about if we pray together for someone to come along that can help in this situation.

Lord, this dear child of yours is in a situation in which intervention is necessary. Lord I ask not only that you would free this child from the sins of the past and the sins that are calling, but that you would send someone to help reconcile those things that honor you with the situations that call us all back into a world of sin and destruction. You came so that the power of sin and death is destroyed, Lord of hosts, King of kings, Most High and Holy God, break the bondage that this one is in, set her free completely, bind the evil forces that once help her firm, free her completely for that which you have freed, are free indeed.

amen

Upvote 0

Jun 7, 2015
✟16,892.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
am
Study the Bible, pray without ceasing and find an accountability partner to help encourage you unto righteousness. Yield yourself to the working of the HS (core of what prayer is, but lots of people don't know that, so I clarify)

May you be set free from your evil desires and discover in Christ true freedom.
i have christian music playing all the time i pray over and over
my husband thinks av got too much time on my hands that i need something to keep me busy and around people i feel safe with

Upvote 0

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
am

i have christian music playing all the time i pray over and over
my husband thinks av got too much time on my hands that i need something to keep me busy and around people i feel safe with
don't forget to study, do you have a study bible? Do you know how to study the word?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
i have an wooded alter crystals , candles and a idol
we are going to place an free ad on gumtree collect it at ours we can do that my husband says he will do it tomorrow for me
I am concerned with giving it away, as in concern for the one who will get it, but one thing at a time....You are so far away for us to be of any useful help in this area. May the Lord guard over you and protect you, may the enemy be bound and your future bright as you find yourself growing in our Lord.

Upvote 0