Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
That's kind of how I feel about loving God. Like there is this voice in my head that says "You don't love God. You're not really a christian". Yet I know none of that is true. I go to an independent fundamental baptist church and I don't think they cast out anything lol. Is this something I can do for myself, or do I have to seek someone else to help me?

Jesus is the only one you need to seek.

Upvote 0

Bluelion

Peace and Love
Oct 6, 2013
Pa
✟6,506.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Jesus is the only one you need to seek.

Have you dealt with this kind of thing? Cause i have and do and you don't want to isolate your self that is what the enemy wants. You need to be around your brothers and sister and have them help you. God said when two or more are gathered in my name there i am in the midst.

Upvote 0

BrokenWarrior

Just a Messenger
Dec 29, 2014
Where ever my Lord's work is to be done.
✟8,157.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hello friend,hope all is well.

Want to know how to be saved?

Here:

"Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by Faith without the deeds of the Law"-Romans 3 : 28

Imagine it like this.

Christ is literally saying," I have paid your debt and I will save you if you trust I will,so will you?" All you have to do is have Faith. It's not about believing God exists. -"For even the demons believe,and tremble." But it is trusting that Christ will raise you on that last day simply because He said,you who hear His message, will be.

It's definitely not about any works you do either,as pointed out by the passage above.

I have (and still do)struggle with many things similar to you,but here is something that makes me smile when I'm down:

"I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me."-John 17:23

--That Thou hast loved them,as Thou hast loved Me--

He is literally saying that God the Father's love for us is equal to His love of Christ.

Wow... I always heard people say"Oh,God loves you." "Jesus loves you""God loves you" etc... I always knew it was true,but I never could comprehend it till I read this passage.

If you've ever a question,I'm happy to do all I can to answer it :)

-Cheers!

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
See the blood applies to You as well to set you free. Jesus body and blood poured out for YOU. Next time you have an opportunity to partake in the Lords supper in your church, remember those words when you eat and drink.

God raised Jesus from the dead, He will also raise YOU. This is faith.

Upvote 0

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Have you dealt with this kind of thing? Cause i have and do and you don't want to isolate your self that is what the enemy wants. You need to be around your brothers and sister and have them help you. God said when two or more are gathered in my name there i am in the midst.

I have, and maybe it's my personality, but the LAST thing I needed was to be surrounded by the "noise" of other people and their opinions. I needed God more than anything. So I turned, in the quiet of my own apartment, for prayer and soul searching and scripture reading. It was then I could hear God. Maybe it's not that way with others, but it was definitely that way for me. Why do you think Jesus said that when you pray, do it alone behind a closed door? When Jesus prayed and talked to the Father, why did he mostly do it away from the disciples?

Upvote 0

Bluelion

Peace and Love
Oct 6, 2013
Pa
✟6,506.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I have, and maybe it's my personality, but the LAST thing I needed was to be surrounded by the "noise" of other people and their opinions. I needed God more than anything. So I turned, in the quiet of my own apartment, for prayer and soul searching and scripture reading. It was then I could hear God. Maybe it's not that way with others, but it was definitely that way for me. Why do you think Jesus said that when you pray, do it alone behind a closed door? When Jesus prayed and talked to the Father, why did he mostly do it away from the disciples?
Not speaking of prayer speaking of dealing with demonic stuff. If your remember with those torment by spirits in the Bible they always were kept alone, it was when others looked for help for them that Jesus and the disciples helped. Seek and you shall find.

Upvote 0

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Why would someone who is demon possessed seek God? I don't find any evidence of that in Scripture. On the contray, it was concerned family members bringing the possessed to Jesus to be healed. I don't find anything suggesting that the demon possessed actively sought Christ.

I don't think the OP is possessed by a demon...it's just the devil's nagging voice trying to discourage him.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Demons can nag as but if we are christian we can just tell them to get lost. Rebuke them and tell them where to go.

You do need to get rid of them and sometimes they can hide. Dont let the devil get a foothold. If something is particularly troubling you and you can seem to get free ask an elder to pray with you. When we confess our sins one to another we can be healed.

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
The bible says if anyone of us is sick we can call an elder and the prayer of a fervent righteous man is effective.

In the church that is why we have elders to look after us youngers as they are more mature in the faith and to pray with us.

Upvote 0

Extraneous

Jan 29, 2016
USA
✟19,796.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Im not baptist, so if anything i say breaks rules just let me know and i'll delete and move on. Thanks so much

This is addressed to the OP. Your situation is very familiar. I been there. There is much hope, try not to fret so much, i know its hard but God is faithful, dont worry so much. I use to fear as you do, but now i have grown through my hardship. I have times of trouble still, but i wait on the Lord as best i can. I cant give you any overnight cures, but i can assure you that things will get better in time, just hang on.

When thinking back, and even in my current struggles, this is what comes to mind. Stay humble, endue the Lords chastening, wait on the Lord, endure hardship, walk in love.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DoubtfulSalvation

Jan 21, 2016
USA
✟15,659.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I just wanted to say thank you again to everyone who has replied. I acknowledge that I need to be in better control of my own thoughts and not to let every little doubt manifest itself in such a strong way. I just feel like as an almost 30yr old man that I should be more "perfected" in his image than I am now, but then again....Maybe those are my expectations being put on the Holy Spirit. He's obviously not done working on me and this whole ordeal could be a part of that.

Upvote 0

Bluelion

Peace and Love
Oct 6, 2013
Pa
✟6,506.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Why would someone who is demon possessed seek God? I don't find any evidence of that in Scripture. On the contray, it was concerned family members bringing the possessed to Jesus to be healed. I don't find anything suggesting that the demon possessed actively sought Christ.

I don't think the OP is possessed by a demon...it's just the devil's nagging voice trying to discourage him.

I never said the op was possessed. I said he was tormented by spirits, there is a difference. Job was torment by satan and cried out to God he was also kept alone, even his friends turned on him. There is also Paul which spoke of a thorn in his side which was a demon and pual said it was there to keep him humble. not ever case is a case of possession it is not either or.

Upvote 0

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I never said the op was possessed. I said he was tormented by spirits, there is a difference. Job was torment by satan and cried out to God he was also kept alone, even his friends turned on him. There is also Paul which spoke of a thorn in his side which was a demon and pual said it was there to keep him humble. not ever case is a case of possession it is not either or.

Ah ok...we're on the same page then :)

Reactions: Bluelion
Upvote 0