I need help. I've proclaimed myself as A Christian for a long time. But rarely read the bible or walked the walk. Heck I didn't even know if I was saved. At any rate I prayed last night and am wanting to follow God. My problem is that I've hear of extreme life changes and turn around a, but when I gave my life it was a small change. Now I am reading my bible more and trying to live right. Here's what I need help with. I feel every time I lie or do something wrong I let him down and I'm a terrible Christian. And I'm ashamed of this but sometimes I get embarrassed to talk about God in front of people. Well not embarrassed about him but I feel like everyone is thinking I'm crazy or something anyone had this problem. Land if so how do you get passed it.

twin1954

Baptist by the Bible
Jun 12, 2011
✟86,544.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I need help. I've proclaimed myself as A Christian for a long time. But rarely read the bible or walked the walk. Heck I didn't even know if I was saved. At any rate I prayed last night and am wanting to follow God. My problem is that I've hear of extreme life changes and turn around a, but when I gave my life it was a small change. Now I am reading my bible more and trying to live right. Here's what I need help with. I feel every time I lie or do something wrong I let him down and I'm a terrible Christian. And I'm ashamed of this but sometimes I get embarrassed to talk about God in front of people. Well not embarrassed about him but I feel like everyone is thinking I'm crazy or something anyone had this problem. Land if so how do you get passed it.

Faith in Christ is nothing more and nothing less than resting in His finished work for all that God requires of you. If He has put away your sin by the sacrifice of Himself what more do you need? Don't look to yourself, for that will always result in guilt and grief or self-righteousness. Look to Christ alone.

Now there is a difference between remorse for your sin and guilt. Believers do feel remorse for their sin and failures, even the old mature ones who have been believers for a long time, but we no longer bear the guilt of our sin.

Why? Because we know that the Lord Jesus Christ took all our sin, not just most of them, and nailed them to the cursed tree. He became a curse in our place and now we are set free from the guilt of sin. As Paul put it in Gal.2:20, "He loved me and gave Himself for me."

As Paul told the Colossian believers in Col. 2:6: As you have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord so walk in Him. How did you receive Christ? By faith of course. Now walk by faith seeking to honor Him in all things. Walk day by day resting in the finished and accomplished work of Christ and resting in Him alone and all of the other things will fall into place.

Upvote 0

terryjohn

Sep 26, 2014
✟8,626.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I found learning more about God and reading alot are of some value but I find it hard to remember much, however, spending time meditating on Christ and His nature and mind I find I don't have to remember for what I need to know, I see. If Christ is in us what do we now see differently? I love scriptures because they pound me like a hammer on an anvil. This moulds me, shapes me, educates me and changes me.

Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Christians need to know that God gave His saints the verses in 1 Jn. 1:8-10 for help to be restored. We who are "born again" by receiving the Lord Jesus do fail in acts and thoughts daily; but owning the failure and confessing it promptly is what our God expects of His children. Look up always!

Upvote 0

Avid

A Pilgrim and a Sojourner...
Sep 21, 2013
✟13,263.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I need help...
Here is a great sermon that may help. It is a good place to start.

http://www.achristianspirit.com/6-THINGS.html

There are about 50 good works on the page where that is listed:

http://www.achristianspirit.com/sermons.html
Seek the LORD always, lest your concerns be realized in the end!

Upvote 0

Emmy

Senior Veteran
Feb 15, 2004
✟50,995.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Dear jared1991. Start by following Jesus, in Matthew 22: 35-40: Jesus tells us: " The first and great Commandment is: Love God with all thy heart, with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. The second is like it: love thy neighbour as thyself." In verse 40, Jesus tells us this great truth: " On these two Commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets." God is Love, and God wants loving sons and daughters. That is not hard, because love is very catching, and a Christian`s weapon is Love, and with love we can overcome all enmity and wrong behaviour
The Bible tells us: " Repent and be Born Again," and in Matthew 7: 7-10: we are told: " ask and you shall receive." We ask for Love and Joy, then we thank
God and share all Love and Joy with our neighbour: all we know and all we meet, friends and not friends. We keep asking God for Love and Joy, then thank God, and share all Love and Joy with our neighbour. God will see our loving efforts, and God will approve and bless us. We might stumble and forget at times, but then we ask for forgiveness, and carry on loving and caring. We will find that people treat us the same as we treat people. Gradually we find that we are turning into loving and caring men and women,
life will be filled with Love and Joy.
The Holy Spirit will help and guide us, and Jesus our Saviour will lead us all the way: JESUS IS THE WAY. Love God and let Jesus guide you, jared.
I say this with love. Greetings from Emmy, your sister in Christ.

Upvote 0