• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

HELP! Daughter is Practicing Witchcraft

Monica_Pavane

Feb 23, 2005
✟132.00
Faith
Baptist
I brought up my children to be good God-fearing Baptists with a solid set of Christian values and morals. You can therefore imagine my horror when my teenage daughter Tiffany recently revealed to me that she not only practiced the black arts of witchcraft, but also belonged to a witch coven with several other girls from her school! They apparently got the idea from reading a book written by an evil woman named Gerina Dunwich. This woman claims to be a high priestess who worships mother earth and only does spells for the good of others, when in fact she is doing the devil's bidding by tempting our children with the damnable sins of sorcery, divination, conjuring foul spirits, and even conversing with the dead! If you think I'm exaggerating, all you need to do is just read through one of her books. What she writes about is pure evil, although she cleverly disguises the satanic messages contained in her books. But what is most frightening is that her books are readily available to young
people with impressionable minds. A friend told me not to worry, that my
daughter was only going through a phase. But I am so afraid for my daughter's soul. When I warned her that practicing the black arts was a sin that carried the punishment of hell, she laughed in my face and told me that witches don't go to hell because they don't embrace that concept. This, apparently, is something else she learned from this high priestess of the black arts, Gerina Dunwich. I don't know whether or not this author is aware that Satan is manipulating her, but I know for a fact that she is corrupting the minds and souls of our children with her pagan beliefs and teachings. I implore you, all good Christians, to gather up all of Gerina Dunwich's books and burn them in a big bonfire! I also ask that you pray for my daughter to once again see the light of God and denounce this evil path she is on. Thank you and let the name of the Lord be praised.

Sincerely, Monica Pavane

• Prayers
Reactions: Deeper99

madison1101

Senior Veteran
Sep 17, 2004
Pennsylvania
✟5,939.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
You said you raised your daughter to believe the Lord. Did she ever accept Christ as her saviour when she was younger? If so, she belongs to Him, and even though she may stray, she is His.

If she has not accepted Christ, then we must pray earnestly that she gets out.

My suggestion for you is to love her, and pray for her, but don't nag her. That will only drive her into their arms. She is looking for love and acceptance, and has found it in this group. That is typical of teenagers. If you think it might help, maybe you and she could go for some counseling, and talk about what is going on.

Praying for you both.
Madison :groupray:

• Friendly
Reactions: Deeper99
Upvote 0

loves god

Nov 12, 2004
Manchester, UK
Visit site
✟430.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The harder you come down on her the more she will rebel and this will put her soul in further danger. She is probably just going through a fase and will grow up.
Just pray and she will be safe in the hands of the almighty, god wants to save her much more than you do, so great is his love for her soul.

Upvote 0

Mr.Cheese

Legend
Apr 14, 2002
✟21,948.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Being a God-fearing Baptist won't get you to heaven, nor does it make you a Christian.
Maybe the girl didn't fit the "god-fearing baptist" mold. If that's the only exposure she has had to Jesus then we have a problem.

But I'm curious if the OP was a serious post or not.

Reactions: ace85
Upvote 0

FireDog Tempest

Apr 29, 2020
Perth
✟7,701.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Oh my goodness, get a hold of yourself. you cant chose what your daughter's religion is. she needs to chose for herself. As a practicing Wiccan, i believe spirituality is a personal Journey, and she can decide what to do with her life. You just need to accept that
Sincerely,.
Firedog

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

splish- splash

Team- Early Interventions
Dec 2, 2019
✟225,571.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Oh my goodness, get a hold of yourself. you cant chose what your daughter's religion is. she needs to chose for herself. As a practicing Wiccan, i believe spirituality is a personal Journey, and she can decide what to do with her life. You just need to accept that
Sincerely,.
Firedog

What are some of the beliefs, which you uphold as a wiccan?

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Sincerely,.
Firedog
Hi there,

Nowadays it's a little more complicated than that.

In the old days, you could recluse in your cabin and not bother anyone.

However, nowadays all the thoughts and emotions are woven together like a soup due to population density, increased use of WiFi technology, and EM Wave networks.

In general - one does not believe alone, those people being pulled into paranormal drama against their will, feeling what others do, is a good reason to not accept that.

Defo will be praying to erase all magic from this world.

Sincerely,
Me.

Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It does look a lot like rebellious teenage behavior; and while the girl may have accepted what she heard about believing in God (or allowed it); and others THOUGHT she was saved, she may have only been exploring religion as many people do. She settled on 'witchcraft' as an interesting spiritual thing. I would not get angry and loud in protest, but keep kindly saying you would like for her to also read John 3; John 14; Romans 8; in the Holy Bible and see if that kind of belief might interest her --it has helped many seekers. Let her find Christ as her salvation and eternal hope, without preaching at her. When she is more mature and sees you are not trying to manage her, she might accept what you have said and are hoping for her own good. Preaching and arguing will not be good here. Teens can be VERY opinionated.

There are a number of witchcraft explorers I have heard from that soon fled it in fear and disgust. Pride is a bad thing to have, but it is common in us all --especially with teens.

Reactions: Unqualified
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Wow! I just realized this original subject is an old post, so I wonder if it is still a problem???
The OP posted here twice, then not again, so.

Upvote 0

Jesusandusin2023

Feb 26, 2023
Lewiston
✟7,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I brought up my children to be good God-fearing Baptists with a solid set of Christian values and morals. You can therefore imagine my horror when my teenage daughter Tiffany recently revealed to me that she not only practiced the black arts of witchcraft, but also belonged to a witch coven with several other girls from her school! They apparently got the idea from reading a book written by an evil woman named Gerina Dunwich. This woman claims to be a high priestess who worships mother earth and only does spells for the good of others, when in fact she is doing the devil's bidding by tempting our children with the damnable sins of sorcery, divination, conjuring foul spirits, and even conversing with the dead! If you think I'm exaggerating, all you need to do is just read through one of her books. What she writes about is pure evil, although she cleverly disguises the satanic messages contained in her books. But what is most frightening is that her books are readily available to young
daughter was only going through a phase. But I am so afraid for my daughter's soul. When I warned her that practicing the black arts was a sin that carried the punishment of hell, she laughed in my face and told me that witches don't go to hell because they don't embrace that concept. This, apparently, is something else she learned from this high priestess of the black arts, Gerina Dunwich. I don't know whether or not this author is aware that Satan is manipulating her, but I know for a fact that she is corrupting the minds and souls of our children with her pagan beliefs and teachings. I implore you, all good Christians, to gather up all of Gerina Dunwich's books and burn them in a big bonfire! I also ask that you pray for my daughter to once again see the light of God and denounce this evil path she is on. Thank you and let the name of the Lord be praised.

Sincerely, Monica Pavane
Hello Monica,
I hope you were able to find a solution to your daughter's temptation into witch craft. I myself had found myself looking into these dark forces after I finished college. The world and our educational system seems to stress in the greatness and fondness of this darkness brought about by Satan. We become complacent and unknowingly become apart of this darkness just by the practice of Science and through Hollywood and video Games. Society and Satan seem to have joined hands as we venture further into the world. I myself quickly realized what was happening in my life and abruptly changed course, not letting the dark call of Satan any further into my life. I cling to Jesus Christ, as I always did, but venturing into dark territory helped me to learn that Christ is the only power and that any other spiritual calling is only venturing into Satans realm. I am attacked daily by the forces of evil, but I stand strong with christ on my side and have found strength I never knew I had. But alas...

Now My own daughter seems to find a fondness in satans power, as I found stickers in her room that proclaim "Satan is my savior", and further she seems to be pulled into some kind of darkness where she cannot and will not take Jesus as her personal savior. She tells me Jesus is a lie and stole his God hood from the world. I myself pray for her daily and for all of the children being born into this world that has become a playground for evil. I notice more and more satans power prevailing in the world. But, all this really shows is that our God Jesus Christ the true savior will return and will proclaim judgment over us all. I hope to not be detestable to the lord because of my own dealings with this dark and disgusting force. And I pray that all of us living in this era can realize the power of Christ and abandon any hold satan has over us. I pray for your daughter and my own.

Thank you Christ for all of your teachings and your sacrifice. I hope all of us who are decieved by Satan can be reclaimed to you and have not become detestable in your heart and eyes. I pray in your name lord. Amen.

Upvote 0

I's2C

Aug 28, 2021
North Platte
✟35,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Sincerely, Monica Pavane
Sadly this is all to familiar with parents of a Gov ed indoctrination of our children. Parents sat back thinking teachers were teaching their kids reading, writing, and arithmetic when they were exposed during the plandemic. It is high time for parents to take back their kids, their school boards and pass laws to fire any teacher that indoctrinates! and take these evil books out of school libraries where impressionable minds are cohersed into witchcraft, evil. They are allowed to have satanic temples on campuses while banning anything to do with GOD. This is what happens to society that takes GOD out where people goes along to get along; evil takes hold. If she lives under your roof than put a stop to it! Join school board and get involved. 1st thing I would do is anoint your home and demand any evil to disperse, don't ask pretty please but rebuke in name of JESUS and demand they be gone. CHRIST gave us the authority over all enemies and vipers, they will flee in terror to a true Christian. discipline her; if she lives under your roof and don't let her be around anyone who is involved; Take charge! Christians are not 2nd class citizens who just sit back and be walked on, we are Children of a GOD of infinite power and wisdom, we don't give ground but take it.

Upvote 0