Pennsylvania, USA
✟752,619.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Perhaps consider that the kingdom of God is within meaning within your conscience:
Luke 17:20-21

King James Version (KJV)

20 And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation:
21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

St. Paul tells us about the role of our conscience in trying to do what is right vs. wrong.

Romans 2:11-16

King James Version (KJV)

11 For there is no respect of persons with God.
12 For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law;
13 (For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.
14 For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves:
15 Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another
16 In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel.

The thing is when you look at the world around you & see what is often considered right vs. wrong vs. what is considered in the Gospel, do you trust what is in the world vs. what is in the Gospel of Jesus Christ. This is not to judge any particular individual of any philosphy, religion etc. but to to consider the values that are expressed in them vs. the Gospel. The Gospel is simple but also the authority of God in which we are called to:

Mark 12:28-34

King James Version (KJV)

28 And one of the scribes came, and having heard them reasoning together, and perceiving that he had answered them well, asked him, Which is the first commandment of all?
29 And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:
30 And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.
31 And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.
32 And the scribe said unto him, Well, Master, thou hast said the truth: for there is one God; and there is none other but he:
33 And to love him with all the heart, and with all the understanding, and with all the soul, and with all the strength, and to love his neighbour as himself, is more than all whole burnt offerings and sacrifices.
34 And when Jesus saw that he answered discreetly, he said unto him, Thou art not far from the kingdom of God. And no man after that durst ask him any question.

We can live our lives in simple humility by sound virtues that the Lord gives us but this will probably be alongside much adversity. The siimple living is mentioned by St. Paul,

Romans 13:8-10

King James Version (KJV)

8 Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.
9 For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
10 Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.

But we must remember what the Lord also tells us,

John 16:33

King James Version (KJV)

33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

Prayers for you to renew your faith in the Gospel.

Upvote 0

Tadhg

Nov 21, 2015
✟8,315.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I know their is a God now, it's just I don't know which religion to follow. How am I suppose to know? I've prayed for weeks now everday for hours.
I understand how you feel logic I'm a born catholic followed it for years. Never questioned anything about the church teachings "this isn't a dig at any Catholics or the Catholic Church"
I started reading the bible and now me and my family are going down a different religious road. If you seeking Christ and Christ alone you will find him. Remember Christ doesn't find we block him out.
I know their is a God now, it's just I don't know which religion to follow. How am I suppose to know? I've prayed for weeks now everday for hours.

Reactions: BeStill&Know
Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,365.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Hi LogicTruthSeeker

It is wonderful that you know that there is a God. I must say that I wonder what you have been praying about or for. Many times when I am praying for myself I seek peace in my day-to-day life. When I get upset about something it often stays with me for quite a while. That is one of the things that I have been working on with God, is to "Put my cares upon Him, because He cares for us". Our burdens are heavy to us, because of the way we think and that we tend to 'worry, worry, worry'. But what worry does is it takes much energy and creativity to worry and/or find peace.

What I would do is really think about your life. What are the things that would most greatly benefit you and I would pray for those things. Now there is the element of casting your cares upon Him, but God wants to be that rock for us.

I will say though, that God's timing is not our timing. Many times I wait for an answer for a while, that is why it is important to trust and live your life at the same time. Also God blesses the humble. Finding gratefulness and thankfulness in what you already have (might be a good job, healthy family, many loved ones, a pet, or any number of things).

Don't feel that you have to 'do or be' anything while you pray. Just talk to God about what is truly in your heart, because He already knows, but He doesn't interfere, you need to ask for His help.

God Bless You. Feel free to DM me if you like.

Reactions: BeStill&Know
Upvote 0

food4thought

Loving truth
Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2002
Watervliet, MI
✟383,729.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi LogicTruthSeeker;

Judging by your username, I would think that the question "What is truth?" would resonate with you. So what is your definition of truth?

I believe the best possible definition is this: truth is that which corresponds to reality as it exists. Is that acceptable to you?

Upvote 0

orangeness365

Feb 4, 2013
✟6,329.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I agree with what has been said about prophecy, that no other religious text that I know of has so many prophecies that came true. I personally believe because I think that God talked to me in a dream, and because of all the prophecies that came true, and because I don't know of any other religion where i can earn heaven, I think I could only go to a place like heaven through Jesus and forgiveness.

Upvote 0

TheyCallMeDave

At your service....
Jun 19, 2012
Northern Florida
✟11,541.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Please convince me to come back to Jesus. I need your advice and you to convince me.

No you don't ; you need to (based on the evidence) that Jesus is the way in this life and for eternity. Its not a matter others giving you information, but your will to investigate and a little bit of faith that God is very real and a necessity for the universe we have.

Upvote 0

Eryk

Site Supporter
Jun 29, 2005
Maryland
✟109,945.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Please convince me to come back to Jesus. I need your advice and you to convince me.

I wouldn't try to convince you. The four gospels are enough. Just read.

Upvote 0

Mountain_Girl406

Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2015
✟144,014.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
How did you get to that place, knowing there is a God?

Upvote 0

food4thought

Loving truth
Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2002
Watervliet, MI
✟383,729.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well, I am going to go on the idea that my definition of truth is acceptable to you, and point out the Jesus said He was "the way, the TRUTH, and the light". What Jesus was saying by calling Himself the TRUTH was that He corresponds to the ultimate reality of God. Jesus said "if you have seen Me you have seen the Father (God)", so if you look at what we know of Jesus from the Bible, you will discover the character and nature of God. And that nature is a careful balance between, on the one hand, unimaginable perfect holiness, goodness, and justice, all of which result in our condemnation as hopeless sinners, and, on the other hand, perfect love, grace (giving us what we do not deserve), and mercy (not giving us what we do deserve). This character and nature is balanced upon what Jesus did for us at the cross: where Divine righteousness and justice was met, allowing God to not give us the justice we deserved (based upon His standard of goodness and holiness), but instead allowing Him to pour out his love and grace and mercy upon all who would accept Jesus as their substitute by faith. This proves the goodness of God, that He would sacrifice of Himself in order to relate to us in love, rather than destroying humanity as we so justly deserve.

No other religion can say that their "god" is both perfectly holy and righteous and good and just, while at the same time saying that their "god" is merciful and loving and giving freely of His grace... at least without making God out to be unjust and a hypocrite, or worse, insane. It is at the cross where Divine goodness and justice are met, allowing God to relate to us in love and mercy and grace.

Hope this helps;
Mike

Reactions: ChristsMercy
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,365.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I think that in asking such a broad question, you are going to get various responses like you have gotten which are all true feelings.

What it comes down to simply is every single one of us has a 'sin problem'. The 'sin problem' is simply that in heaven there can be no sin. That is why each of us relies on Jesus Christ's blood on the cross, which is the ONLY sacrifice for sin.

Through Jesus Christ, your 'sin problem' can be gone
because Jesus is the ONLY perfect atonement for sin.

Jesus Christ justifies (makes clean of all their sin), so in essence when you are judged for guilt of sin Jesus Christ stands in your place, so it is not you and your sin standing there but Jesus.

Look to Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of sin. Ask Jesus to forgive you of your sin and give you everlasting life through Him.

Upvote 0

NJA

Jan 9, 2004
Near London
Visit site
✟48,657.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Maybe you left him because you were with him according to man's ideas not his ... the fact that you want others to convince you also suggests there was something missing ...

"At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you ... ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me ... they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance" (John 14:20, Acts 1:8, 2:4)

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,365.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Guys and girls... This is a thread that was started 3 years ago. The OP is no longer around.
A lot of other people will read this even if the OP does not. We must take every opportunity to spread the gospel. Don't you agree?

• Agree
Reactions: Undenied
Upvote 0

Mediakira

Jun 6, 2011
Eaton, Ohio
✟34,039.00
Country
United States
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Libertarian

Does the fear of God and Jesus Christ help convince you? You die by the hands of God if you choose to leave Him. And He's serious. I'm not trying to attack you. But most Christians fear God and the action of death by God for being against Him. I think being an Atheist means your against God. Why are you against Him to begin with? Even Jesus Christ has the power to kill you if your against Him. It scares me!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Undenied

Feb 9, 2018
Europe
✟33,475.00
Country
Spain
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Guys and girls... This is a thread that was started 3 years ago. The OP is no longer around.
And...? Many people search for topics and don't want to open new threads. Other people feel more comfortable replying in older threads, which are less visited.
What is compelling them to write? Why should that be stopped, just because the post is old? If it's here and open why not? :) I've been in the forum since February and not even a like I gave, not even an avatar I had. This old thread brought an intention to participate that I had not felt yet.

Replying to the original question, in case some former Christian reads this:To come back to Christ is a well known path to me. I could write endless lines about that. One good reason to come back to Christ is that He has His arms open. This may have no value to you right now, but when in a situation that no one else seem to care, or no one else seem to understand, when sadness is so dense and lonely, so cold and hopeless, you will remember about Jesus and will have the hope to Him you have value, that in Him you have a place of rest, relief, compassion, of life. You may have turned to many things before, but you know that comes a time when you always feel lower than you were before. Then remember that no one has ever descended so low that the Love of Christ won't reach him.
You will be convinced to come back when knowing that He is waiting has value for you.

• Agree
Reactions: dhh712
Upvote 0

dhh712

Mrs. Calvinist Dark Lord
Jul 16, 2013
Gettysburg
✟34,997.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married

You don't need us to convince you, you need the Holy Spirit to convince you.

If you want to come back to Jesus, the door is wide open. What is holding you back? I noticed your screen name. Is it your ego that you must have the right and respectable mindset before others? Does it make you look too simple-minded to say to others that you believe the Bible is the absolute truth and the Word of the Living God?

"The fool says in his heart there is no God" (Psalms 14). Do you believe this is true or do you believe there needs to be evidence of this first, some kind of logical explanation that makes sense to you first before you believe it? Or, do you believe that people who say they believe that the Bible is the standard of truth over science are the ones that are foolish?

Jesus will not turn away anyone who calls on his name, but you must do it in sincerity. You must want to know him and come to him. Sometimes, that may take a blow to your ego. A faith based on scientific evidence is no faith at all. Faith must be rooted in Jesus Christ. Without that, there is no faith.

(And please don't take this to mean you should have blind faith. I guess that's better than no faith at all, but you should have reasons for believing in Jesus. Only those reasons will be subjective, not objective like the atheists demand).

• Agree
Reactions: Undenied
Upvote 0

Anna Therese

May 18, 2018
USA
✟19,109.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate

Prayer is absolutely essential. Pray the Our Father and the Hail Mary frequently for the graces necessary to become convinced. Evaluate your life. Consider that life is short, Hell is forever, and if you do not heed God's call on this occasion, He may never call you again. "Seek ye the Lord, while he may be found: call upon him, while he is near."

I also recommend a 28 minute youtube video called: Amazing Evidence For God youtube channel: mhfm1 - check out all their videos.

Upvote 0