Status
Not open for further replies.

Tinkerbell222222

May 4, 2004
✟1,159.00
Faith
Christian
Oh wow...does anyone remember me? I've made a few posts in here...but that was a while ago....

I started my freshman year at College of the Holy Cross this fall. It's wonderful, I love so much about the school...and I can go to Mass whenever I want...:D

I've been going to Mass on campus most Sundays...I've visited a couple of churches off campus once or twice but it's hard to do that because freshmen can't have cars on campus and there is no public transportation on Sundays. Mass on campus is nice though. I like it...

But, RCIA...I don't know if the chaplains' office provides it...the few times I've been in there people have been ridiculously unhelpful...I'm sure they don't mean to be. It's just...well, the first time I went in there, I mentioned that I was from a Reformed background and the person I was talking to sent me to see the Protestant minister. o_O The Protestant minister said that there were no Reformed churches in Worcester that she knew of, but that she contact a Presbyterian church for me. When I finally was able to explain to her that I was interesting in converting to Catholicism, not in finding a Protestant church...the person I should have talked to in the first place had left.

The next couple of times I went back were not much better. I'm getting kind of tired of going there and not finding anything out...the chaplains are all very nice, but they haven't been very helpful...

I don't really know what to do...:help: Should I just keep trying to find things out through the Chaplain's office? Should I try to find a Catholic church nearby to attend? Does anyone know of any churches in Worcester, MA?

Thanks!
Tia

RichSpidizzy

May 4, 2005
Queens, NY
Visit site
✟16,182.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Republican
Sorry you are having so much trouble, I can see how frustrating this can be for you. Just remember that the evil one will do everything in his power to keep you from growing closer to Jesus.

Perhaps you can try contacting the Diocese. I did a Google search and found their website for you: http://www.worcesterdiocese.org/contact.html

Best of luck, and God Bless!

Upvote 0

Davidnic

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2006
✟788,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
The office might be confused, seems from what you say you might have caught them at some busy times.

Is this your college (link)

The article from the schools webpage is from 2002, but it says:

About Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults (RCIA)

Sponsored by the Chaplains' Office

The RCIA is a one or two year process through which believers become full members of the Roman Catholic Church. During this faith journey, they are introduced to the beliefs, community life, liturgical worship and apostolic work of the Catholic Church. Full membership culminates in the celebration of initiation sacraments: baptism, confirmation and Holy Eucharist.

The RCIA is designed for those seeking baptism within the Roman Catholic Church. The process is also adapted for baptized Christians from other denominations who may be seeking membership in the Catholic Church. Baptized Catholics who are seeking confirmation are also welcome.

Maybe you should send an email to the chaplins office. Chances are that can get routed to the right person and then you can get an appointment.

If I am on the right webpage for your college. This might help (link) it has a contact person at the bottom.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.