Apr 11, 2010
✟15,140.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
:wave:hi guys, how you doing?
im new to this comunity, and im new to writing on forums!,
a couple of months ago i realised there was somthing wrong in my life, nothing major and definate that i could point at , but it made me unhappy, almost like constant toothache- certain events would releive the aching ; (going out, partying, buying things) but these feelings of hapiness were shallow and short lived. i felt lost, and like i had no clear direction, i knew in the back of my mind there was somthing more to life than this unhappines, then i remembered a friend from college who was an amazing person- she always asked me to come to church with her but i was too scared- no one in my life is spiritual and has faith- no friends or family- were i live its pretty rare,christianity is looked at as wierdness!:(
anyway i remembered how unbelievably happy this girl was! full of hope, love, joy and, (what i couldnt decifer) was how forgiving she was.
i decided i wanted to have a go at this, what have i got to lose? so i got in contact with her an we re established a great friendship. she has an amazing passion within her faith, and that translates into an amazing love ans passion of people.
after going to church i felt imensley uplifted- having to fight back tears, i felt that god was talking to me through the talk that was given. ive started to see life from a totally different perspective now, after reading the bible and seing the outlook of people who are believers of god, i feel ive been released from the chains of modern day normality, just because its normal , it doesnt mean its right!:clap: that is my realisation!
i wonder if i could ask your guys help ?, i still have many struggles, its difficult to be open in my faith when my family are pretty sceptical and think im just going through a "funny phase", friends think its wrong also. i want to be brave and hold my head up high, knowing god has my back! but somtimes the influence of non believers and constant doubt 24 hours a day wears me down to weakness. somtimes i even doubt it myself, and that feels awfull.
how can i gain my knowlege of jesus in a way thats easy to understand? i think some advice of fellow christians will support and inspire me greatly, especially when im vulnerable and need guidance :groupray:
thanks for listening! hope to hear from you! xx

Reactions: Peripatetic

Peripatetic

Restless mind, peaceful soul.
Feb 28, 2010
✟22,095.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thank you for sharing that story! It shows how being joyful, content, and living by the values of your faith can be such a strong example for others. I know someone like your friend and he is an inspiration to me as well.

You also learned a great lesson about not basing your happiness on things or specific activities. This whole change can be very hard to explain to friends and family... I struggle with this as well, since I have several good friends who just don't "get it". I don't try to force it on them... just plant a seed once in a while and try to be a positive person.

Upvote 0

capnator

Jan 20, 2006
Queensland the Sunshine state :)
✟8,820.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
To gain knowledge of Jesus, there is a very important lesson to understand and it's this: 1 cor 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know [them], because they are spiritually discerned.

It is not by our effort, our talent our intellect that we can decipher and search out spiritual things.

John 7:17 If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or [whether] I speak of myself.

Seek God with earnestness to know His will to do it, then you will surely find truth. Seek in His word the bible to know truth, it is the attitude of being willing to surrender our will to do His will that will enable us to recieve truth

Upvote 0

marty-eos

Apr 13, 2010
Scotland
✟15,177.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Conservative
I know exactly how you feel as I'm in a very similar position myself, I'm just hoping that after a little while my faith won't be considered just a 'phase' anymore and they will understand...

I don't let that make me question or doubt myself as I know I am walking down the right path to lead the rest of my life by.

I've also been through the stage of trying to find happiness buying things which I think will turn my world around but never do also...

Upvote 0