Hello...and some questions for you.

dfox9

Nov 18, 2005
✟112.00
Faith
Non-Denom
My name is Don. I am a Christian. I have a question that I would like some response to. Feel free to pm me My situation is this. I am married, but I have legally separated from my wife. When we got married, I was not a Christian. By the time I asked Jesus into my heart, my marriage was on the rocks. It became not only mentally abusive on both sides, but also physically abusive.My saying was and still is that the police were going to walk one of us out and carry the other one. I am also, bi polar. We tried Christian counseling, regular marriage cousneling but nothing seemed to work. 4 years ago I met a woman. Her marriage is also rocky. We fell in love...a kind of love I never felt for my wife. Long story short...the 2 of us are planning on divorcing our spouses in January and getting married to each other. I am still seeing this woman, even though we both are still married. We have had sexual relations, including intercourse...in the past, but we are not having intercourse now and we havent had for the last 2 out of 4 years. We both feel that God put us together because He could see how unhappy we were. We are planning a trip to the alter AFTER we are divorced, to ask God to forgive us. My question is "Does God still bless His people even though they continue to commit the same sin over and over...in this case, adultery, I feel God knows our heart, He knows we are heading in the right direction to repent from this sin. But that direction means that we are getting divorced, and remarrying each other. By the way, she too is a Chirstian and she has no love what so ever for her husband and she is still living with him until January. He is (and has been) emotionally abusive to her. He also is NOT a Christian. I wonder if we are still sinning by seeing each other, with the knowledge that both of us will be divorced. Are we committing adultery even if we are not having intercouse. Now let me say, we are not teen agers. I am 51 and she is 52. We have recently purchased a house together, but we will not sleep with each other until we are married. We will have separate rooms.

I feel in my heart and from what has happened in my life these last 4 years that God is INDEED blessing me regardless of the fact that we are still seeing each other.

I could go on, but it would take much more space. If anyone has any answers, (or questions for me) please feel free to post or email me.

Thank you,
Don

StarSapphire

Joyfully we adore Him!
Nov 28, 2004
Northern California
✟11,448.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I am not the one to ask this question of. . . because I just left a church because it was filled with Christians having affairs with each other, and divorcing, and such. I guess it gives a poor message when people know they are sinning, and go out and do it anyway, and then ask forgiveness for it. Like could I go rob a person of their money, even though I know it to be wrong, and then go and ask forgiveness....then on top of that I could go and rob and bank, though I know it to be wrong, ask forgiveness... and where does this end? I left that church... and I won't go back. I believe that once you are a Christian, and you know something is wrong to do, then don't do it. Disregarding the mercy God has given us over and over again seems wrong to me.

Maybe someone can give you some verses to help you out. I don't think your respective spouses deserve this kind of treatment if they are not doing this to you. The only reason for divorce mentioned in the New Testament is for marital unfaithfulness, which it seems your present wife will be forgiven for the divorce, and you won't be. Perhaps you should read the scriptures, instead of trying to get around them? Nevertheless, I will pray for you and your wife. I hope God will lead you the right way. :pray:

Upvote 0

tryme

Oct 22, 2005
✟13,188.00
Faith
Calvinist
Upvote 0

~PICKLE~

Ready For Anything
Jan 17, 2004
Texas
Visit site
✟11,148.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hi..... I'm Pickle, And I
wanted to welcome you
to CF!! I hope you enjoy
your time here.

Holidaypickle.gif

Upvote 0

ArohaB

LOVE
Sep 24, 2005
New Zealand
✟34,541.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
hello Don and welcome to cf,
if you read over your own post, you might pick up on what you have described, you are saying, we are both married to someone else, but we don't love them and we are very happy that we are together "she is still living with her husband until January".
i can see that this would be a very difficult situation for you to be in, given that you already have feelings for each other,
from what i understand in scripture you have no rights to this woman and she to you, you say that your marriage was "on the rocks" when you became a Christian. Did you meet this woman before or after you became a Christian, because the Bible also says that what ever situation you are in when you come to the lord to take it from there, eg if you were with your wife when you became a Christian stay with her unless she leaves or if you are single when you become a Christian to remain there, but either way you are with another mans wife, lots of men are verbally abusive, but that is not a ticket to divorce, the fact that you are asking questions seems to me that you are pricked in your conscience anyways, either way i feel for you, i think this would be a very difficult situation to be in but God obviously has plans for you and with his help you can bring glory to him like you never thought possible. God Bless you Don I will pray for you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums