Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Insomnium
Melechesh
Angtoria
Within Temptation

You are awesome for mentioning Insomnium. I discovered that band at the start of this new year, and from the very first song off of Shadows of the Dying Sun I became a fan. I hadn't really heard of them before, but discovered them while stalking the Metal Storm web page. Glad my curiosity was piqued. I want to get the rest of their discography at some point.

I also grabbed Surtur Rising by Amon Amarth, and I want to check out more of their stuff too.

Same for Be'Lakor. I recently bought Stone's Reach and they've grabbed my attention too.

The commonality between all these bands? They're melodic death metal bands. Probably one of my favorite genres in metal right now.

The song that really ignited my interest in the sub-genre as a whole is Dark Tranquillity's song "Feast of Burden".

Favorite band at the moment though is Amorphis. Bought their recent release Under the Red Cloud, and love it. First release of theirs I bought was Tales from the Thousand Lakes, which is a modern classic in my mind. I have quite a few of their other releases as well. I have to say it, the Pasi era had some good songs, but I prefer Tomi Joutsen more as their lead singer. Just seems to have more energy and passion.

I know some people mellow out in musical tastes as they get older, I think I've sort of gone in the opposite direction to some extent, and I'll be 42 soon.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ravageinde

Sep 12, 2011
Dover
✟7,720.00
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Onita, Blackthroat, Toxic Holocaust, Warbringer, Municipal Waste, Artymys Pyledriver, Buzzoven, Futha Mucka, Stormtroopers of Death, Methods of Destruction, Slayer, Metallica, Anthrax, Venom, WeedEater, Kingsnake, Living Sacrifice, Extol, Mortification, Demolition Faction.

Upvote 0

Sir Robbins

Waiting for Fall
Sep 28, 2012
Saint Augustine, FL
✟52,447.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Libertarian
Iron Maiden, Dark Angel, Slayer, Testament, Exodus, Vio-Lence, Dio, Black Sabbath, old Metallica (before Master of Puppets).... on a side note, I'll be seeing Iron Maiden less than a month from now in Ft. Lauderdale for the opening show of The Book of Souls World Tour :( Can't wait for February 24th

Upvote 0