Heaven

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I don't know. Your guess is as good as mine about all of this. Maybe it is an illusion. This world is the shadow and Eternity the real deal. I think that's probably closer to the mark, anyway. What do we spend here? 100 years at the most. Eternity is forever. It's more real than Earth is.

My speculations are no more valid than yours or anyone's. What do you think? Do you think time is an illusion?

What does more real mean? To me that doesnt sound wrong-i just don't get the sense in it.

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Nothing is impossible with God.
He is not bound by the laws of physics, since He created them. The physical laws we know here on Earth may not have any bearing at all on Heaven. I would be surprised if they did apply to Heaven.

I read the article. I think there might be snow in Heaven- but a different kind. The kind that won't be so cold to cause injury or harm. I don't know what God has prepared for us, but I would like to think of people and children who never got to experience seeing snow and playing in snow getting to do so in Heaven.

I think deserts are a result of the Fall. You?

Upvote 0

Galatea

Oct 18, 2016
Alabama
✟70,081.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What does more real mean? To me that doesnt sound wrong-i just don't get the sense in it.
I meant that life will be more real as in our glorified bodies- maybe we will get to see, hear, smell, feel, taste what we can't here. Our sensory perception might be better. Also, since we won't have sin, we'll be able to communicate with each other perfectly. We'll be able to be our real selves unencumbered with whatever issues we have here.

I think since there will be new bodies, we won't have limitations. Life will be more real.

God is the most Real thing in the world, so Eternity is more real than the Temporal.

It kind of makes sense, even here. Things rot away, but ideas don't and things like love and compassion are still here. They're more real.

I was saddened to hear about Ray Bradbury's house bulldozed. But, that is temporal. His ideas are still here.

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I meant that life will be more real as in our glorified bodies- maybe we will get to see, hear, smell, feel, taste what we can't here. Our sensory perception might be better. Also, since we won't have sin, we'll be able to communicate with each other perfectly. We'll be able to be our real selves unencumbered with whatever issues we have here.

I think since there will be new bodies, we won't have limitations. Life will be more real.

God is the most Real thing in the world, so Eternity is more real than the Temporal.

It kind of makes sense, even here. Things rot away, but ideas don't and things like love and compassion are still here. They're more real.

I was saddened to hear about Ray Bradbury's house bulldozed. But, that is temporal. His ideas are still here.

does our capacity to sin get removed? Do we become like Adam and Eve or children?

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
No, deserts are beautiful and the result of God loving beauty. Why do you think this?

Why did God tell Adam and Eve to fill the earth—if no one died, wouldn't the earth have become overpopulated?

We don't know what the earth looked like before the Flood, but we can say a few things. There was no pollution. Most likely, there was less landmass covered by water, fewer (if any) deserts, and the mountains were shorter. And before the Fall, there were no weeds.

Upvote 0

Galatea

Oct 18, 2016
Alabama
✟70,081.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
does our capacity to sin get removed? Do we become like Adam and Eve or children?
Yes, we can not sin in Heaven. Thank God! It is something to look forward to, for sure.

We will be like Adam
and Eve before the Fall. It is a great blessing.

Upvote 0

Galatea

Oct 18, 2016
Alabama
✟70,081.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What do you think prevents humans in heaven from sinning like the angels?
We will be like Jesus who can not sin. The Bible says we don't know what our glorified bodies will be, but that we will be like Jesus.

Good Night, thank you for asking me all these questions about Heaven. I know I am speculating about what it will be like. It has helped me to think about it today. And to remember that this world is not our home and we are simply passing through.

God bless

Upvote 0

AlexDTX

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
✟328,934.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
are you referring to size? I've read Dean Braxton's book and he described God as vast, but not infinite in size.
To say "size" is to speak in the physical, and He is not physical, He is Spirit. No one understands what that really means. However, metaphorically I think of the Spirit as the point. The point of Scripture, the "why" it is written, is the spirit of the Scripture. A point in geometry has no measurement. But two points together make up a line with an infinite number of points in between. Likewise, a moment of time corresponds to a point in geometry. A moment of time has no measurement, but two moments create past, present and future.

He is a Spirit and by His Spirit He created the cosmos. Logic states that Creator is always greater than the created. Is greater synonymous with bigger size? No.

Regarding the spirit world of Heaven, scientists say that the weight of the universe is 90% more than the universe that can be seen. So they make up a substance called "dark matter" to account for the weight. I have no idea how they can "weigh" the universe. However, there is no need to make up something to account for the weight. I believe that unaccounted for 90% is the spirit world. We believe angels, which are spirits, were made before the Earth was made, therefore the spirit world was made before the physical world. And I am convinced that the spirit world and the physical world are different dimensions of the one creation.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
To say "size" is to speak in the physical, and He is not physical, He is Spirit. No one understands what that really means. However, metaphorically I think of the Spirit as the point. The point of Scripture, the "why" it is written, is the spirit of the Scripture. A point in geometry has no measurement. But two points together make up a line with an infinite number of points in between. Likewise, a moment of time corresponds to a point in geometry. A moment of time has no measurement, but two moments create past, present and future.

He is a Spirit and by His Spirit He created the cosmos. Logic states that Creator is always greater than the created. Is greater synonymous with bigger size? No.

Regarding the spirit world of Heaven, scientists say that the weight of the universe is 90% more than the universe that can be seen. So they make up a substance called "dark matter" to account for the weight. I have no idea how they can "weigh" the universe. However, there is no need to make up something to account for the weight. I believe that unaccounted for 90% is the spirit world. We believe angels, which are spirits, were made before the Earth was made, therefore the spirit world was made before the physical world. And I am convinced that the spirit world and the physical world are different dimensions of the one creation.

Do you think spiritual dimensions are finite or infinite?

Upvote 0

AlexDTX

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
✟328,934.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Do you think spiritual dimensions are finite or infinite?
I said the spirit is the point and points have no measurement. You seem to be thinking of the spirit world as though it is the same as the physical, and it is not. Remember the demoniac of Gadera had thousands of demons dwelling within him. If they have physical measurement how could thousands dwell in him?

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I said the spirit is the point and points have no measurement. You seem to be thinking of the spirit world as though it is the same as the physical, and it is not. Remember the demoniac of Gadera had thousands of demons dwelling within him. If they have physical measurement how could thousands dwell in him?

So they didnt literally dwell in him?

The fallen angels eventually are cast into the lake of fire with the rest of sinful humanity. That is a physical place.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

AlexDTX

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
✟328,934.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So they didnt literally dwell in him?

The fallen angels eventually are cast into the lake of fire with the rest of sinful humanity. That is a physical place.
Of course not. No one is born with demons dwelling within them.

To say the Lake of Fire is a physical place is presumption. The Lake of Fire was never intended for humanity, but for fallen angels. It is true that after the White Throne Judgment, people will be resurrected, but the we don't know what the body of the second death will be, especially since in that body the worm will never die and the fire will never be quenched.

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Of course not. No one is born with demons dwelling within them.

To say the Lake of Fire is a physical place is presumption. The Lake of Fire was never intended for humanity, but for fallen angels. It is true that after the White Throne Judgment, people will be resurrected, but the we don't know what the body of the second death will be, especially since in that body the worm will never die and the fire will never be quenched.

I was referring to the possession.

Upvote 0