Heaven... Earth... and the city of the great King...

O

Old Timer

Hi, I agree with your statements but I'm thinking on the OP questions in regard to your theology in question.

I have many questions about theology.. and I'm simply trying to make scriptural sense of everything..

For example.. if the scriptures tell me that Jerusalem is the city of the great King.. then that should mean something..

Did it mean that only in days long past.. or does it still carry that title til this day?

How about Luke's gospel.. where the Lord plainly and directly tells us that He shall not eat of the passover or drink of the fruit of the vine until the kingdom of God shall come..

Should we take that seriously or not?

How about spiritualizing the entire thing away as many do today and pretend it's all in the past.. or better yet.. that THIS IS the kingdom of God right now..

Upvote 0

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I have many questions about theology.. and I'm simply trying to make scriptural sense of everything..

For example.. if the scriptures tell me that Jerusalem is the city of the great King.. then that should mean something..

Did it mean that only in days long past.. or does it still carry that title til this day?

How about Luke's gospel.. where the Lord plainly and directly tells us that He shall not eat of the passover or drink of the fruit of the vine until the kingdom of God shall come..

How about spiritualizing the entire thing away as many do today and pretend it's all in the past.. or better yet.. that THIS IS the kingdom of God right now..
Yeah...kinda reconcile that with Jesus telling the disciples they were "sons of the kingdom..." :confused:

Upvote 0
O

Old Timer

Yeah...kinda reconcile that with Jesus telling the disciples they were "sons of the kingdom..." :confused:

While any believer is within the King's domain.. that doesn't mean that they're ruling and reigning on earth right now.. in fact, many face severe persecution because of the god of this present evil world..

And that of course is why that Day is coming.. His day.. the Day of the LORD, the Day of Jesus Christ.. and then shall the kingdoms of this world be the kingdoms of our God and of His Christ.

But of course these simple things will be ignored.. and men will continue to pretend that this present evil world is the kingdom of God.. typically for no other reason than to save face.. as they refuse to acknowledge amillennialism for what it truly is.. false doctrine.

Upvote 0

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
While any believer is within the King's domain.. that doesn't mean that they're ruling and reigning on earth right now.. in fact, many face severe persecution because of the god of this present evil world..

And that of course is why that Day is coming.. His day.. the Day of the LORD, the Day of Jesus Christ.. and then shall the kingdoms of this world be the kingdoms of our God and of His Christ.

But of course these simple things will be ignored.. and men will continue to pretend that this present evil world is the kingdom of God.. typically for no other reason than to save face.. as they refuse to acknowledge amillennialism for what it truly is.. false doctrine.
No.You work with it as scripture does. Like Ephesians 2 says God "seated us in the heavenly places in Christ".

The kingdom is...and yet will come, that's how scripture says it so that's how it is.

Upvote 0
O

Old Timer

No.You work with it as scripture does. Like Ephesians 2 says God "seated us in the heavenly places in Christ".

So how can we be ruling on earth then?

The kingdom is...and yet will come, that's how scripture says it so that's how it is.

But you're amillennial.. you deny the future kingdom of Christ on earth..

Upvote 0

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
So how can we be ruling on earth then?

But you're amillennial.. you deny the future kingdom of Christ on earth..

Nope.Never have...and never will. I say the 1000 year reign is figurative of Christ from the time He received all authority from God the Father (as Matthew 28:18 clearly declares) until He judges the world in righteousness, and hand the kingdom back to the Father.

We reign with Christ because we have the message and power of the gospel. We are a chosen race and a royal priesthood!

Why would I deny the kingdom I'm already in? Colossians1:13:
For He rescued us from the domain of darkness, and transferred us to the kingdom of His beloved Son,

:thumbsup:

Upvote 0
O

Old Timer

Nope.Never have...and never will. I say the 1000 year reign is figurative of Christ from the time He received all authority from God the Father (as Matthew 28:18 clearly declares) until He judges the world in righteousness, and hand the kingdom back to the Father.

Why would I deny the kingdom I'm already in? Colossians1:13:
For He rescued us from the domain of darkness, and transferred us to the kingdom of His beloved Son,

:thumbsup:

It's obvious to me that you don't have any idea what you're talking about..

You say that you do not deny the future thousand year reign of Christ on earth and at the same time say that it's figurative..

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
And of course the thousand year reign is undeniably within the context of the things which shall be hereafter.. and not the things which are..

Many people have no idea that there's a difference.
When one reigns, they have the authority to act when they please. This is truly the province of Christ, and why Peter said in 2 Peter 3:8, 9:
8 But do not let this one fact escape your notice, beloved, that with the Lord one day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years like one day.
9 The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish but for all to come to repentance.

This is one of the most mis-interpreted passages. People want to make this say a thousand years is a day, but it doesn't. It clearly says a day with the Lord is LIKE a thousand years.

The point is that Jesus is patient allowing souls to be saved, but that He will come.

So the point is even though He could come...His mercy is the reason He hasn't come.

This is having the authority...and yet not exercising it! :thumbsup:

Upvote 0
O

Old Timer

I think that it means exactly what it says.. that a day WITH the Lord is as a thousand years..

Regardless of that.. Revelation 20 is once again... drum roll please.. within the context of the things which shall be hereafter..

It's not about some spiritualization of the things which are..

The things which are concern this present time.. while Christ continues to build His church..

Upvote 0

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
The way I interpret Luke 22... where it says that Christ shall not eat of the passover or drink of the fruit of the vine until the kingdom of God shall come..

Do you want to know how I interpret that..

Like this..

Christ shall not eat of the Passover or drink of the fruit of the vine until the kingdom of God shall come..

See how simple that was..
It is simple and yet the kingdom still is. See how you simply ignored that believers have BEEN translated into the kingdom of Christ???

Kind of like electing to believe one thing...and not believe another...when they both are...:thumbsup:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
O

Old Timer

It is simple and yet the kingdom still is. See how you simply ignored that believers have BEEN translated into the kingdom of Christ???

I believe it 100%, just like everything else in the bible.. just as I believe that I am seated in heavenly places in Christ Jesus..

That doesn't mean that I'm reigning on earth right now..

It doesn't mean that Christ is reigning on earth right now..

It's not that complicated..

Kind of like electing to believe one thing...and not believe another...when they both are...:thumbsup:

I simply understand the difference between the things which are and the things which shall be hereafter.. evidently a major stumblickblock for a huge number of professing believers..

Many seem to think that the things which shall be hereafter are already here.. but that's silly.. that's why they're called the things which shall be hereafter.

Upvote 0
O

Old Timer

Little things..

Like the coming of Christ..

Like the resurrection of the dead..

Like the marriage of the Lamb to His wife..

Like the Deliverer coming from Sion to turn ungodliness from Jacob..

Like the destruction of the man of sin by the brightness of His coming..

Like the thousand year reign of Christ on earth when the kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our God and of His Christ..

But you know what..

Most people could care less.. regardless of the simple fact that it's staring them right in the face..

NOPE... doesn't matter.. I'm a Christian.. I'm right and there's no possible way that I could be deceived into believing a lie from the rulers of the darkness of this world.

Upvote 0

Hi OT, My reply was to Shocker with your OP quoted as a reference to his reply. This post that you are replying to is not questioning your OP or else I would have asked you a direct question. I should have made that more clear.
Sorry to have not been more clear to who the post was in reply to. Thanks :)

Upvote 0