Heaven... Earth... and the city of the great King...

O

Old Timer

I think this prophecy speaks volumes, and is vastly overlooked or misunderstood.

Luke 1
30 And the angel said to her, “Do not be afraid, Mary, for you have found favor with God. 31 And behold, you will conceive in your womb and bear a son, and you shall call his name Yeshua.
32 He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High. And the Lord God will give to him the throne of his father David, 33 and he will reign over the house of Jacob forever, and of his kingdom there will be no end.”

AMEN... simply another wondrous portion of the living and powerful oracles of God... the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.

Reactions: Shocker
Upvote 0

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,154.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Interesting, so your a Catholic Preterist?

As are most Catholics.... the ones who enjoy studying eschatology anyway.

You sound surprised?

Take a listen to Dr Scott Hahn and Jimmy Aiken - two renowned American Catholic Apologists. Both strong preterists.

Orthodox Preterism is the mainstream eschatological position of the Catholic Church. Has been all along.

Upvote 0

Shocker

Mar 10, 2014
✟3,534.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's to bad the RCC is infallible.. they could use a little correction.

:confused:

Uh.. Maybe you didn't get the memo, but the Pope is sovereign over all spiritual matters on earth.

Basically, the Pope is untouchable and you should call him "father" and refer to him as "his holiness" while you are kissing his ring.

Just like Jesus made everyone do when he was alive.

Don't you read your Bible? I mean, I know Jesus already raptured his saints and the end of the world already happened but you shouldn't forget who the infallible, untouchable magnificent leader of the RCC is, his "holiness" the Pope.:liturgy:

Im not wrong either, I can never be wrong, I am perfect.

**chuckles**

Upvote 0

Shocker

Mar 10, 2014
✟3,534.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It is pretty amazing when you consider that the Christian life is a constant life of correction and conformity to that perfect man, even our Lord Jesus Christ..

Evidently the RCC and others simply feel that they're already there.

It wont be much longer..

All sin is uncovered..

Rom_12:12 Rejoicing in hope; patient in tribulation; continuing instant in prayer;

2Th_3:5 And the Lord direct your hearts into the love of God, and into the patient waiting for Christ.

2Ti_2:24 And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient,

Jas_5:7 Be patient therefore, brethren, unto the coming of the Lord. Behold, the husbandman waiteth for the precious fruit of the earth, and hath long patience for it, until he receive the early and latter rain.

The Pope is a sinner like anyone else, with no more authority in Christ than a child in Christ.

People figured this out 500 years ago, said "Cya pagan Rome" and what happened??

300 dead reformers later.. BAM, we are free to read and free from the rule of the pope.

Life is good.. I wonder if I would have been able to burn alive as they did to have the absolute blessing from God not to be under the Pope bestowed upon future Christians.

Upvote 0
O

Old Timer

Well it's time for bed.. so please tell me a story..:) I'll read it when I wake up..

Tell me a story about Jerusalem..

I've never been there.. seen a lot of pictures.. although that doesn't always tell the story as well as someone who has been there.. right there.. in the city of the great King.

Anyone have a wondrous story to tell of that city of the great King?

Thanks in our Lord Jesus Christ.. the King of kings.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Shocker

Mar 10, 2014
✟3,534.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Book of Revelations is "backwards".
The peace of Jerusalem begins the Tribulation.

The Bible is a story of our creation, all the way to our redemption..

Genesis begins, Revelation ends..

That's why its called "The Revelation of Jesus Christ"

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
The Bible is a story of our creation, all the way to our redemption..

Genesis begins, Revelation ends..

That's why its called "The Revelation of Jesus Christ"

What then are the "All" that is supposed to be restored? Point is, "Restored" has a significant gist to the closing scene, another example, Eden is restored.

Then, there's a parallel to the beginning of what Christ also began on the Cross, and that beginning is a shadow of the first beginning. Prophecy speaks in many parallel respect. There's Two main Identities to expect in the end, and it's the reunion of the Father with the Son, as well, and first most in importance, and in parallel.

I just wanted to show that there are more things to consider, and much more. Thanks :)

Upvote 0

Shocker

Mar 10, 2014
✟3,534.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What then are the "All" that is supposed to be restored? Point is, "Restored" has a significant gist to the closing scene, another example, Eden is restored.

Then, there's a parallel to the beginning of what Christ also began on the Cross, and that beginning is a shadow of the first beginning. Prophecy speaks in many parallel respect. There's Two main Identities to expect in the end, and it's the reunion of the Father with the Son, as well, and first most in importance, and in parallel.

I just wanted to show that there are more things to consider, and much more. Thanks :)

Jesus Christ is God the Father, God was born as a man in Jesus, and gave his life as a pure sin free sacrifice.

The wheat and tares will be separated.

Its pretty cut and dry.. Its not gonna be fun in the end times, and if what people are saying about these days are in fact true, and we will know soon, then there are going to be a lot of Christians who turn on the faith for never truly believing that every thing that happens, God already knows, and controls..

Upvote 0
Another wondrous portion here in the early chapters of Matthew's gospel..

These words of the LORD... "But I say unto you" are spoken to Israelites, although they're certainly also eternal in a living and powerful sense..

Is Jerusalem today somehow not the city of the great king just because it's ~2000 years after He spoke these words?

How does this fit into the words of the LORD from Luke's gospel which speak of Jerusalem being trodden down of the Gentiles until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled?

How would this fit into the regeneration.. when the Son of man comes in His glory and then sits upon the throne of His glory, when the kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our God and of His Christ?

What think ye?

Jesus Christ is God the Father, God was born as a man in Jesus, and gave his life as a pure sin free sacrifice.

The wheat and tares will be separated.

Its pretty cut and dry.. Its not gonna be fun in the end times, and if what people are saying about these days are in fact true, and we will know soon, then there are going to be a lot of Christians who turn on the faith for never truly believing that every thing that happens, God already knows, and controls..

Hi, I agree with your statements but I'm thinking on the OP questions in regard to your theology in question. Being that no full preterits views are allowed we then rule that out, then on topic we view the OP question in light; my thinking now, after reading your reply then think that you are simply saying: "what difference does it make, only God knows", in the general sense. We are hopefully discussing 'Eschatology' in greater details, and in respect.

I agree with you but I speak of much deeper things, as well. If I don't make sense then, please forgive me, it's not your fault, nor is mine. Thanks :)

Upvote 0