Healing from Auto Immune Disease

Giget

Aug 26, 2015
✟15,211.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I suffer from an auto immune disease. I have more than likely had it since birth. It's completely manageable with no drugs, just diet. I don't think its a burden and I don't let it control my life. My husband believes I can be healed from it. I have prayed to be healed but I feel like it's not God's will or purpose to have me healed, at least not yet. I think this "trial" is bringing me closer to God than I have ever been. I feel like God is using my disease for good, not bad. I don't feel like I am letting satan "win" by submitting myself to have this disease, I feel like I am winning. Each year that passes since my diagnoses my relationship with God has gotten closer. My husband is convinced that I have this because of a demon. I know God created us to be perfect, but we live in a broken world full of sin. I guess I am just torn... I think my husband feels as though I don't believe God will heal me. I do, I just don't think it's his will to heal me right now. My husband has been reading up on spiritual warfare and healing ministries over the past few months.

DiscipleHeLovesToo

Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2010
✟77,537.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
think about this: when you got saved, Jesus didn't make the decision to save you at that moment - He died for you on the cross over 2000 years ago - when you got saved, you responded in faith to what He had already done by grace before you were born, and you simply received the spiritual rebirth He had already given to you when he died for you at the cross.

Jesus paid the price for your healing at the whipping post, on the way to the cross:

1Pe 2:21-24 KJV
(21) For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps:
(22) Who did no sin, neither was guile found in his mouth:
(23) Who, when he was reviled, reviled not again; when he suffered, he threatened not; but committed himself to him that judgeth righteously:
(24) Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

this is a reference to something Isaiah prophesied about Jesus in the OT:

Isa 53:4-5 KJV
(4) Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.
(5) But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

the Holy Spirit interpreted this to mean physical healing through Matthew's account of the ministry of Jesus (this also refers to Isa 53:4-5):

Mat 8:16-17 KJV
(16) When the even was come, they brought unto him many that were possessed with devils: and he cast out the spirits with his word, and healed all that were sick:
(17) That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Esaias the prophet, saying, Himself took our infirmities, and bare our sicknesses.

sickness and disease is part of the curse, according to God:

Deu 28:61 KJV
(61) Also every sickness, and every plague, which is not written in the book of this law, them will the LORD bring upon thee, until thou be destroyed.

read Deu 28 in context, and you;ll see that sickness and disease are definitely part of the curse - BUT - if you are reborn in Christ, God will not curse you with any sickness or disease, because Jesus bore the curse for you:

Gal 3:9-14 KJV
(9) So then they which be of faith are blessed with faithful Abraham.
(10) For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.
(11) But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.
(12) And the law is not of faith: but, The man that doeth them shall live in them.
(13) Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:
(14) That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

technically, God isn't saving anyone today - people receive salvation today by responding in faith to what Jesus did at the cross over 2000 years ago - and they do so by hearing His words about salvation (this is how God draws people to salvation), and believing Him.

technically, God isn't healing anyone today - people receive healing today by responding in faith to what Jesus did at the whipping post over 2000 years ago - and they do so by hearing His words about healing (this is how God draws people to healing), and believing Him.

can you see from His word that God has no part in giving you this disease?

think about it this way. let's say i decide to give you $1million; so i open a bank account with your name on it, and deposit the money - at this point i have already given you $1million, even though you don't know anything about it yet. so i write you a letter telling you how to draw the money out of the bank, and give you my phone number in case you need clarification. now when you get my letter, if you don't believe me and act on my instructions, you would not receive the money i had already given to you; so if you called me and asked me to send you $10; what more could i say to you? if you didn't read and believe my letter and act on it to receive $1million, what more could i say that would convince you to read and believe my letter and act on it to receive $10? wouldn't i probably say the same thing i said in my letter to you? God's will is ALWAYS for you to be healed, but He needs you to agree with Him, or you won't receive the healing He's already paid for as Jesus at the whipping post, and already given to you with your reborn spirit

Mat 8:16 indicates that demonic influence is involved in sickness, but once you see the Truth about healing in God's word, the demons will flee; they just can't stand to be around someone who is meditating in faith on God's words of grace :)

this will help:

http://www.awmi.net/extra/audio/1036
http://moorelife.org/listseries.php?xml=rss/ReceivingAndMinisteringHealing.xml
http://moorelife.org/listseries.php?xml=rss/ReceivingAndMinisteringHealing2.xml
http://www.awmi.net/extra/audio/1033

Upvote 0

Hospes

Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2005
Arizona
Visit site
✟48,887.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
...I have prayed to be healed but I feel like it's not God's will or purpose to have me healed, at least not yet. I think this "trial" is bringing me closer to God than I have ever been. I feel like God is using my disease for good, not bad. I don't feel like I am letting satan "win" by submitting myself to have this disease, I feel like I am winning. Each year that passes since my diagnoses my relationship with God has gotten closer...
Giget,
From what you have written, it sounds God is glorified in your disability. May he continue to use you, and your illness, to make his name great. Eventually - either before God calls you home or when you see your Lord face-to-face - you will be healed.

Setting aside for the moment the scriptures, to see how God is glorified in a Christian's physical weaknesses, one needs look no further than examining the lives of Christians like Joni Eareckson Tada, Corrie ten Boom, and C.H. Spurgeon. It makes me laugh to imagine the absurdity of a health-wealth-prosperity Christian telling Corrie tem Boom she needed more faith.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: JohannaSK
Upvote 0

BFine

Seed Planter
Jul 19, 2011
My room
✟11,098.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
I suffer from an auto immune disease. I have more than likely had it since birth. It's completely manageable with no drugs, just diet. I don't think its a burden and I don't let it control my life. My husband believes I can be healed from it. I have prayed to be healed but I feel like it's not God's will or purpose to have me healed, at least not yet. I think this "trial" is bringing me closer to God than I have ever been. I feel like God is using my disease for good, not bad. I don't feel like I am letting satan "win" by submitting myself to have this disease, I feel like I am winning. Each year that passes since my diagnoses my relationship with God has gotten closer. My husband is convinced that I have this because of a demon.

*The scriptures reveal that not only was the earth
subjected to decay, our bodies are also subjected
to decay and illnesses... Romans 8:20-22
“For the creation was subjected to frustration, not
by its own choice, but by the will of the one who
subjected it, in hope that the creation itself will be
liberated from its bondage to decay and brought
into the glorious freedom of the children of God.
We know that the whole creation has been groaning as in the pains of childbirth right up to the present time.”

It would be a stretch to say
that every person who
is sick/disabled etc has a demonic affliction.
In the "natural" course of things people get sick, suffer loss, trip and fall and or get injured...they can also be well in body and mind, attain wealth, attain knowledge/wisdom, etc.

demonic affliction...
The bible does present some
cases where that is true but every situation where someone is sick/disabled didn't reveal they had a demonic affliction...Prophet Elisha got sick, it was a sickness unto death...even though Elisha prayed to be healed, he would in fact die.

God showcases His power: The man born blind...
John 9:1-41.

People who got healed, eventually died...very few people in the Bible got taken out of this world
alive.

Upvote 0

Mister_Al

Jun 9, 2005
✟9,656.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
1 Peter 2:24 Amplified Bible (AMP)
24 He personally bore our sins in His [own] body on the tree [as on an altar and offered Himself on it], that we might die (cease to exist) to sin and live to righteousness. By His wounds you have been healed.

You were healed when you were saved. It's part of God's salvation and the devil can't unheal you unless he can somehow unsave you.

Alan

Upvote 0

JohannaSK

Aug 28, 2015
✟10,488.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Giget, just a week ago I heard a Bible teacher from my country talk about these matters. He answered a caller on a Christian radio program who asked why God hasn't healed her from her disease. He answered that God wants health for us, but He might want something else even more.

Suffering and experiences of weakness very often bring us closer to God.

We can pray for healing, but God decides when He heals. Being patient and humble towards God's will during illness is a strong testimony for those around us, too. Before I came to Jesus Christ I sometimes read the Book of Job in the Bible, and Job's faith and hanging on to almighty God in the midst of his suffering spoke to me very strongly and, as I now can see, pushed me towards God. I actually never even read the ending of Job's story - where he's healed and everything is fine again - because how Job behaved during his suffering was so interesting and touching.

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Be patient.
I dont know about demons but if you think it may be a cause you can just cast them out in Jesus name, no big deal since you already saved. Otherwise continue to be careful and looking after your temple with diet and exercise.

Demons usually attack the mind over the body, but of course physical symptoms do show up as well. Use discernment.

Upvote 0