North Central,OH.U.S.A.
✟19,666.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
The principal of New York City’s first public school dedicated to the study of Arabic language and culture resigned under pressure yesterday, days after she was quoted defending the use of the word “intifada” as a T-shirt slogan.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/08/11/n...gin&adxnnlx=1187039062-XJHCey9XLf/CRl/FRnvVBw

Amazingly,all traces of this video dissappeared within moments after I spotted it on Foxnews(which I normally don't go to anymore but was talking to my daughter via phone,so went there to check another story)! The Discovery Times channel was sooo right in their special Jihad.com, They have infiltrated our internet!

Breaking News | Latest News | Current News - FOXNews.com
Madrassah Mess Principal for controversial NYC Arabic public school quits over 'Intifada NYC' t-shirt flap ... FNC iMag. Dress Success One dress — three ways. Save money and time with just one style for ... This was the search result I got when I put in Fox news dot com! But now vanished from the site after I even watched the video! :eek: :confused: :scratch:

www.foxnews.com/video/index.html

MUSLIM PUBLIC SCHOOLS IN NEW YORK
New York City is about to open a new taxpayer funded "Arabic themed" school in Brooklyn. Khalil Gibran International Academy will be led by Debbie Almontaser a Muslim of Yemeni background. “It is a school that is going to be working quite hard in building bridges of understanding, tolerance and acceptance, valuing diversity and truly just developing students into global citizens,” says Almontaser. What happened to teaching our students how to be American citizens? Where was “understanding, tolerance and acceptance” of our Christian heritage when Christian prayer was challenged and ultimately removed? What happened to that bridge? Let's get real, Almontaser is an Islamic missionary.
The New York City school's goal is to focus on Arabic aka Islamic themes in education and eventually to teach half of the classes in the Arabic language. Just recently Oxford University in London, England decided not to teach certain subjects like the Holocaust or the Crusades in the school's history class because they might offend some of the Muslim students.
Many have asked if the Muslim religion could be separated from the school. In response to that question Almonstaser said, “Being that we are a public school, we certainly are not going to be teaching religion.” Maybe not but they will be facilitating it. Let’s take a look at how that's already begun.

http://jonasclark.com/public_schools_islam.htm

Khalil Gibran International aka Islamist Academy - Taxpayer funded NYC madrassah promotes Arab/ Muslim 9/11 victimhood hoax

http://www.militantislammonitor.org/article/id/2801

naotmaa

me!
Feb 2, 2004
✟17,057.00
Faith
Seeker
Politics
US-Democrat
“It is a school that is going to be working quite hard in building bridges of understanding, tolerance and acceptance, valuing diversity and truly just developing students into global citizens,” says Almontaser. What happened to teaching our students how to be American citizens? Where was “understanding, tolerance and acceptance” of our Christian heritage when Christian prayer was challenged and ultimately removed? What happened to that bridge? Let's get real, Almontaser is an Islamic missionary.

I think the school's purpose is a good one. If you think about it the school stands for the opposite of many of the beliefs in the Middle East. I don't see how its the muslims fault that prayer was removed from school many decades ago.

As for the principal, she should have probably thought twice about wearing a shirt that would stir controversy.

Upvote 0

bunced

Apr 4, 2007
✟5,413.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Labour
Muslims pay taxes too I presume . . .

And atheists pay taxes to fund activities of other religions.

And for what it's worth, I am going to study Spanish and Arabic with Islamic Studies at University in a couple of years time, which involves studying the Qur'an in depth and spending a year in an Arab country. And I can't wait.

Upvote 0
S

Steezie

Since when are religious scools paid for by taxpayers in America? I thought they are all church built and funded? I apologize if I am wrong.
Religious schools can recieve government funding but they must adhere to strict guidelines. Its not unusual for religious schools to recieve government funding (Taxpayer money).

Upvote 0

soblessed53

Sep 4, 2005
North Central,OH.U.S.A.
✟19,666.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Religious schools can recieve government funding but they must adhere to strict guidelines. Its not unusual for religious schools to recieve government funding (Taxpayer money).

I beg to differ,and say that it is highly unusual indeed for any parochial school in the U.S. to receive government funding. :eek:

Upvote 0

naotmaa

me!
Feb 2, 2004
✟17,057.00
Faith
Seeker
Politics
US-Democrat
I beg to differ,and say that it is highly unusual indeed for any parochial school is the U.S. to receive government funding. :eek:
Nope is true. I just did a littlle research myself as I wasn't too certain. But turns out they do. Google religious schools receive governemnt funding or something to that effect.

The only religious schools that don't seem to get any government funding are catholic schools and fundementalist Christian school. Catholic schools because they are funded by the Church and Fundementalist Christians schools because they don't want to have the governement regulate them.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

soblessed53

Sep 4, 2005
North Central,OH.U.S.A.
✟19,666.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Ok here are some of the results of my search using-- Religious +education +funding +in +America

And nongovernment schools are, for the most part, free to decide how they want to teach students and govern themselves. But there is a hitch. American governments at all levels direct almost all of the tax-collected funds for schooling only to the government-run schools. This means that if parents choose independent schools, they suddenly become responsible to pay their own way with little or no public support, even though they continue to pay taxes to support education. And in the case of poorer parents, there may be no choice at all because they cannot afford nongovernment alternatives.
http://www.cpjustice.org/stories/storyReader$1415

7. At present, government fails to do justice when it does not fund equally all of the schooling options it legally certifies. Instead it discriminates against many American families and schools by not funding the education of children who attend non-government schools, including religious schools. This stands in contrast to public funding of school choice in most other democracies in the world.

http://www.cpjustice.org/guidelines/education.html

Public and Private schools
Unlike most other industrialized countries, the United States does not have a centralized educational system on the national scale.[16] Thus, K-12 students in most areas have a choice between free tax-funded public schools, or (usually) privately-funded, private schools.
Private schools in the United States include parochial schools (affiliated with religious denominations), non-profit independent schools, and for-profit private schools. Private schools charge varying rates depending on geographic location, the school's expenses, and the availability of funding from sources, other than tuition. For example, some churches partially subsidize private schools for their members. Some people have argued that when their child attends a private school, they should be able to take the funds that the public school no longer needs and apply that money towards private school tuition in the form of vouchers; this is the basis of the school choice movement.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Education_in_the_United_States

Our Position
U.S. Department of Education Budget Office National PTA,
Supports using public funds exclusively for public schools and opposes using tax dollars to finance education vouchers for private and religious schools.

http://www.pta.org/ia_pta_positions_1117830146359.html

Published Online: June 18, 2007
Published in Print: June 20, 2007
Commentary
What About Religious Charter Schools?
So, helping children in religious schools was not unknown or forbidden by law and policy in the final decades of the last century. On the other hand, the courts had ruled continuously that the doctrine of church-state separation meant no “direct” public dollars could pay for religious education, at least at the K-12 level. (College funding for religion classes and religious-affiliated colleges under the GI Bill and the Pell Grant program were not against the law.)
Direct public funding is still not legal for K-12 education. Tax dollars may not be used to support a particular religious ideology, activity, or program. In effect, public tax money cannot be used to endorse religion. Hence, salaries for elementary and secondary school teachers of Bible, Koran, or catechism classes could not be paid from the public purse, if the teachers were endorsing these religious beliefs.
How, then, did, for example, a government-sanctioned religious charter school open its doors in Minnesota four years ago? The process came in three steps.

http://www.edweek.org/ew/articles/2007/06/20/42cooper.h26.html

So I still believe that is is not that usual here. :)

Upvote 0

naotmaa

me!
Feb 2, 2004
✟17,057.00
Faith
Seeker
Politics
US-Democrat
So I still believe that is is not that usual here.

Ph yeah, its not like every religious school gets funding but it still occurs.

I personally don't believe any religious school should receive government funding. Having said that, I still like the idea behind this school.

Upvote 0