Having trouble praying..

His Doncella

Feb 7, 2014
✟15,111.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Hello all. I have been a Christian for many years but did fall astray a few years. I am now 41 years old. I have been back in church and renewed my commitment to the Lord for a little over a year now. I am on the worship team and really feel as if I am finally growing in Christ. I do have the baptism of the Holy Spirit. I really desire for the Lord to fulfill His purpose in me. But I still struggle with prayer. Sometimes the Lord wakes me in middle of night and I get up and pray. Other times I lay in bed and pray. Sometimes I feel like HE hears me, others I question if He does, although, I KNOW He does and I tell satan to get behind me for I belong to the Lord and don't have time to listen to his lies. Our church has been on a corporal Daniel fast which will end this next Sunday with a healing service.. I am praying for a big breakthrough in my life, salvation for my husband and loved ones and for the Lord's hand to move in our Church.. But I still have such a hard time praying and studying the word. I force myself sometimes. I have watched very little TV during the fast too in hopes to improve my communion with the Lord but find myself sometimes just wasting time thinking or staring into space...And I still feel like I can't distinguish His voice. I want to know when the Lord is speaking to me with assurance and I want to break through this wall. I want to abide in Christ and finally be the mature Christian He deserves. Any suggestions??

stormdancer0

Do not be so open-minded that your brain falls out
Apr 19, 2008
USA
✟14,334.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Pray as if Jesus is sitting next to you, and you are having a talk with your best Friend. All the holy-sounding thees and thous and such distance you from God. He is your Friend, your Brother, your Bridegroom. Treat Him as such, and He will begin to answer and you will have a better prayer time.

Upvote 0

ByTheSpirit

Come Lord Jesus
May 17, 2011
Manhattan, KS
✟188,528.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Pray as if Jesus is sitting next to you, and you are having a talk with your best Friend. All the holy-sounding thees and thous and such distance you from God. He is your Friend, your Brother, your Bridegroom. Treat Him as such, and He will begin to answer and you will have a better prayer time.

:amen:

Upvote 0

saved24

Forgiven
Site Supporter
Oct 21, 2011
Canada
✟839,359.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives

Yes!

You can talk to Jesus all day long! He is always there listening! sometimes we have to wait for prayers to be answered, and sometimes He gives us what we need, not what we think we need. You are His child He loves you! God bless.

Upvote 0
T

ToBeBlessed

Hello all. I have been a Christian for many years but did fall astray a few years. I am now 41 years old. I have been back in church and renewed my commitment to the Lord for a little over a year now. I am on the worship team and really feel as if I am finally growing in Christ. I do have the baptism of the Holy Spirit. I really desire for the Lord to fulfill His purpose in me. But I still struggle with prayer. Sometimes the Lord wakes me in middle of night and I get up and pray. Other times I lay in bed and pray. Sometimes I feel like HE hears me, others I question if He does, although, I KNOW He does and I tell satan to get behind me for I belong to the Lord and don't have time to listen to his lies. Our church has been on a corporal Daniel fast which will end this next Sunday with a healing service.. I am praying for a big breakthrough in my life, salvation for my husband and loved ones and for the Lord's hand to move in our Church.. But I still have such a hard time praying and studying the word. I force myself sometimes. I have watched very little TV during the fast too in hopes to improve my communion with the Lord but find myself sometimes just wasting time thinking or staring into space...And I still feel like I can't distinguish His voice. I want to know when the Lord is speaking to me with assurance and I want to break through this wall. I want to abide in Christ and finally be the mature Christian He deserves. Any suggestions??

Sometimes just being still in thought and heart can be invigorating.

Psalm 46:10
10 "Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth."

Upvote 0