Have you prayed about the election?

Have you prayed for the election and who you are going to vote for?

• More than once

• Just once

• None at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

norbie

Veteran
Jan 23, 2007
✟9,654.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Ummmm, well to be honest....NO....which is a bit naughty I guess, but now you've reminded me....I will...I promise. But I'll only pray for my favourite party to win...ok ? :)
Ahhh - and here is the catch: you suppose to pray for a Government who truely guides this country in the right direction and is not soooo crooked.
If you pray for your party only - it is cheating LOL

Upvote 0

GrannieAnnie

Senior Veteran
Mar 27, 2007
Western Australia
✟18,813.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Ahhh - and here is the catch: you suppose to pray for a Government who truely guides this country in the right direction and is not soooo crooked.
If you pray for your party only - it is cheating LOL
Yes indeed dear Norbie, the party I am going to vote for is strong and as honest as any other, and will I believe lead strongly and fairly, and help our great nation on to bigger and better things....lol

Upvote 0
May 21, 2007
Australia
✟17,094.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Has everyone read that article I put up on the other thread? Should read it. It's an article Kevin Rudd wrote about Faith in politics. If you're wondering where he stands on Christianity, you should read it.

I've prayed about it a bit, probably not as much as I should. But I'm pretty decided on who I am voting for. I'd already come to a conclusion on who I was not voting for early on, but I was going to vote for one of the minor parties into the Senate. Nevertheless, still praying and thinking about it.

Upvote 0

norbie

Veteran
Jan 23, 2007
✟9,654.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I agree with you, Senate I will vote green, it must never, ever happened what is now: one party majority in both houses. I myself would like to see a referendum about no party voting, secret voting in Senate only.
Sunday night on ABC was an other disapointment: anybody could see any difference in the 2 major parties?
So the problem is, can labour win 16 seats to get equal and at least 20 seats to govern in own right???

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Neenie1

Senior Veteran
Feb 17, 2005
✟21,306.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So Norbie, you don't want one party to control both houses but you're happy for one party to control every level of Government in the country, both state and federal? And you say you will vote Green. How can you be a Christian and vote Green?

I was thinking the same thing.

I am not so sure on some of their policies. Some are alright but I am not so sure on others.

Upvote 0
May 21, 2007
Australia
✟17,094.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
How can one vote Green and be a Christian?

I don't see the argument - why not?

Because they support Abortion? Because they don't oppose homosexuality? What about the fact there are still citizens in our country that are oppressed. What about the fact there are sex slaves trafficked into Australia? What about the fact that 30 000 children, and 50 000 people all together, die each day because of poverty around the world, and our government refuses to commit to it's commitment that our governments have affirmed and re-affirmed since 1970? What about honesty? What about intergrity? What about our command to take care of our world? What about giving the land rest?

I see a lot more in the Bible that speaks about helping those that are oppressed and the poor, then I see the passages that go on about homosexuality. There is not one government in any country on this world that is "Christian". To say so is saying there is no need for God. All you can do is to vote in the government that best does the "Christian" thing. Even if you make abortion illegal - people will still go an have abortions, illegally. If you ban gay marriages, it doesn't stop gay people getting together. To impose a society to "act" Christian - does not get them saved. Imposing Christian ethics forceably on a country will not only turn people away from God - it's unbiblical. Does God not give us free will to choose, even if the things we do are detestable to him?

I don't get this "Christian" vote business. Vote for John because he's Christian? Kevin Rudd is more Christian then John is. But that doesn't mean I go vote for Rudd because I feel he's more Christian.

If Norbie or any other Christian that the right Christian thing to do is to vote the greens into the Senate to stop a compulsive liar or any one else from dominating politics from having a clear majority on the Senate which stops the liberal process which the senate was designed for, ie reviewing policy, instead of just passing them thru, then so be it.

God could force everyone to do his will but he doesn't - what makes anyone think that we can?

There is more reasoning in voting the Greens into the Senate then there is in voting a Liberal government because they are conservative and don't support abortion and homosexuality.
I'm making the assumption that's what you mean but not being allowed to vote for the Greens. Do correct me if I'm wrong.

Upvote 0

Neenie1

Senior Veteran
Feb 17, 2005
✟21,306.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I could never vote for someone that doesn't oppose homosexual marriages. I know they can still have relationships regardless of marriage. But IMO marriage is something that God ordains, it is not between 2 men or 2 women but between a man and a woman. IMO a gay marriage somehow "cheapens" the importance of marriage.

I do not support abortion myself, but I think to make it illegal is very dangerous. So I don't support making abortion illegal.

Upvote 0

norbie

Veteran
Jan 23, 2007
✟9,654.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
So Norbie, you don't want one party to control both houses but you're happy for one party to control every level of Government in the country, both state and federal? And you say you will vote Green. you How can be a Christian and vote Green?
Can you tell me a little more what you are saying, please?
...but you're happy for one party to control every level of Government in the country, both state and federal?

and I said exactly the opposite, let it never, ever be happened again to have the same party in both houses, so what do you mean?

How can be a Christian and vote Green

Can you explain what you mean by this??
Do stand up against same sex and abortion is a Christian matter, a church business - don't mix this up with the politic of a pegan country. We can't force our believe on the majority of the country.
My reason for voting green in the senate is, they are a little more concerned as the other parties about our environment and most important they are the third strongest party and with more senators realy can influence the doing of the lower house. They will stop nuclear reactors for example and this is a good thing I believe, they will put more research in solar energy and so on.
BTW did you forget about our so good christian premier, that he goes to church on sunday, joins the unjustyfied war on monday and kills 100.000 inocent Iraqi people? true christianity: him and bush.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Trogdor the Burninator

Senior Veteran
Oct 19, 2004
✟231,047.00
Faith
Christian
If marriage is as highly regarded in the Christian world as it's suppose to be, why is the Christian divorce rate higher than that of the secular world? Why do people in secular society donate more money to charity then Christians?

Where do you get those figures from?

Within a wide circle of friends I only know of 1 Christian couple who have divorced. I know of plenty of divorced non-Christians.

Note this doesn’t mean Christians > non-Christians. Just that I don’t see the results in real life

Upvote 0

Neenie1

Senior Veteran
Feb 17, 2005
✟21,306.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If marriage is as highly regarded in the Christian world as it's suppose to be, why is the Christian divorce rate higher than that of the secular world? Why do people in secular society donate more money to charity then Christians?

I personally don't know of any Christians who are divorced. Well I do but they weren't Christians when they divorced.

Where are your figures for people in secular society donating more money than Christians. I do give to charity but I have never ever been asked if I am a Christian so I would like to know how they can get their figures.

In fact if I was asked if I was a Christian I would possibly consider donating elsewhere, simply because I don't necessarily donate to Christian organisations at all. It is also no-one elses business.

Upvote 0