Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I just wanted to re-post this:

kahalachan said:
This is all I ask. Have you read both sides of the issue and derived your own conclusion?
Well, After MANY posts on this site, I have come to some conclusions.

First, I do realize and acknowledge that there isn't much, if any real evidence for the creation account in Genesis. However, I still believed that it happened, but I won't say that there's evidence for it at this point.

Hope that's not a problem.

Evolution.........

I don't think evolution is a silly as I used to think it was. I still don't think it's a fact, but it trully is the best explanation science has to offer.

However, I do think it's unfortunate that the nature of science excludes any inclusion or discussion of the divine. All explanations on origins must be purely naturalistic. But then, there's the catch 22 of the fact that science can't prove or disprove God; so if God made the universe, science is unable to confirm it.

This is an unfortunate circumstance, since that if God is real (and He is), there's nothing really that science can do to include Him.

ID.......

I do understand that because it doesn't follow a the set method of science, that it can't really be used by science. However, I do believe that philosophically and logically, that ID is a sound thing to believe in.

But, we never know what the future will reveal. Maybe one day science will make more of a case for the God of the Bible.

But, just my two cents. ;)

Upvote 0

MrGoodBytes

Seeker for life, probably
Mar 4, 2006
✟22,772.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
shinbits said:
I just wanted to re-post this:

Well, After MANY posts on this site, I have come to some conclusions.

First, I do realize and acknowledge that there isn't much, if any real evidence for the creation account in Genesis. However, I still believed that it happened, but I won't say that there's evidence for it at this point.

Hope that's not a problem.

Evolution.........

I don't think evolution is a silly as I used to think it was. I still don't think it's a fact, but it trully is the best explanation science has to offer.

However, I do think it's unfortunate that the nature of science excludes any inclusion or discussion of the divine. All explanations on origins must be purely naturalistic. But then, there's the catch 22 of the fact that science can't prove or disprove God; so if God made the universe, science is unable to confirm it.

This is an unfortunate circumstance, since that if God is real (and He is), there's nothing really that science can do to include Him.

ID.......

I do understand that because it doesn't follow a the set method of science, that it can't really be used by science. However, I do believe that philosophically and logically, that ID is a sound thing to believe in.

But, we never know what the future will reveal. Maybe one day science will make more of a case for the God of the Bible.

But, just my two cents. ;)

Thank you!

Upvote 0