1. New: Christian Forums Staff Recruit Video.- It's that time of year again. We are having our annual Staff Recruit Drive. Simply ask any staffer to help you apply and enjoy the video...
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Please help us test our new CF PrayPal app available right now in the Google Play store for Android devices. The iPhone app should be available within the next few days. If you would be so kind to also add a review for it that would be great! Thanks!

Just Click Here
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Welcome to Christian Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
  • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
  • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting after you have posted 20 posts and have received 5 likes.
  • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Have You Made An Informed Choice?

Discussion in 'Creation & Evolution' started by Kahalachan, Jun 28, 2006.

1. OdwinOddball

OdwinOddball Atheist Water Fowl

Marital Status:
    Married
    Politics:
    US-Democrat
    Faith:
    Atheist
    And yet, they continue failing to actually produce any science in the "field" of Creationism. Wonder why that is...

Everything we know of the natural world contradicts a literal interpreattion of Genesis. To say otherwise is to admit willfull blindness and self imposed ignorance.

2. arensb

arensb Senior Member

Marital Status:
    Private
    Faith:
    Atheist
    Out of curiosity, how do you explain the multiple nested hierarchies observed in nature?

3. JohnR7

JohnR7 Well-Known Member

Marital Status:
    Married
    Faith:
    Pentecostal
    It is to much for you to comprehend that they could both be right?

There is no contradiction between the two, they both agree with each other. The same God who gave us our Bible gave us the "history written in the rocks". You need to learn how to turn your stumblingblocks into stepping stones.

4. OdwinOddball

OdwinOddball Atheist Water Fowl

Marital Status:
    Married
    Politics:
    US-Democrat
    Faith:
    Atheist
    Hah! Hearing you tell someone they need to learn soemthing is the height of hypocrisy. Someone who has admitted they know little of science and has no desire to learn more is in no position to tell someone else to learn anything.

5. Chrono Traveler

Chrono Traveler New Member

Marital Status:
    Single
    Politics:
    US-Democrat
    Faith:
    Seeker
    who said god couldn't have created something small to evolve into something big?

6. pinqy

pinqy Senior Member

Marital Status:
    Married
    Politics:
    US-Others
    Faith:
    Atheist
    These statements contradict. Different languages have different phonemes and therefore different sounds are represented as some sounds don't exist in some languages. Example: most languages don't have a "TH" sound. English needs to combine two letters to represent the one sound. Arabic has three "TH" sounds that are seperate letters and distinct sounds in Arabic, but a native English speaker would not hear a noticable difference. Likewise, Russian has the sound and letter ы which does not exist in English and which most English speakers would not differentiate from "I." And then there's Japanese which does not recognize a difference between R and L sounds, which sound the same to a native Japanese speaker.

Universal alphabets are extremely complicated.

7. JohnR7

JohnR7 Well-Known Member

Marital Status:
    Married
    Faith:
    Pentecostal
    That is a nice theory, but the evidence does not support the theory. Perhaps God has a sense of humer because it would appear that He hides this from the wise and reveals it to the simple.

Matthew 11:25
    At that time Jesus answered and said, "I thank You, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that You have hidden these things from the wise and prudent and have revealed them to babes.

There is no question that there has been a massive effort to indoctrinate the common person with evolutionary thinking and theory. But all of their efforts have failed. Because the common person knows that it is nonsense, but the educated and the wise do not seem to be able to see that.

8. JohnR7

JohnR7 Well-Known Member

Marital Status:
    Married
    Faith:
    Pentecostal
    I know more about science than you can ever hope to know.

9. shinbits

shinbits New Member

Marital Status:
    Married
    Politics:
    US-Others
    Faith:
    Deist
    Well, After MANY posts on this site, I have come to some conclusions.

First, I do realize and acknowledge that there isn't much, if any real evidence for the creation account in Genesis. However, I still believed that it happened, but I won't say that there's evidence for it at this point.

Hope that's not a problem.

Evolution.........

I don't think evolution is a silly as I used to think it was. I still don't think it's a fact, but it trully is the best explanation science has to offer.

However, I do think it's unfortunate that the nature of science excludes any inclusion or discussion of the divine. All explanations on origins must be purely naturalistic. But then, there's the catch 22 of the fact that science can't prove or disprove God.

This is an unfortunate circumstance, since that if God is real (and He is), there's nothing really that science can do to include Him.

ID.......

I do understand that because it doesn't follow a the set method of science, that it can't really be used by science. However, I do believe that philosophically and logically, that ID is a sound thing to believe in.

But, we never know what the future will reveal. Maybe one day science will make more of a case for the God of the Bible.

But, just my two cents. ;)

10. urbanxy

urbanxy New Member

Politics:
    US-Democrat
    Faith:
    Agnostic
    Is there a word that means "Numerology, except done with letters"? Maybe Alphabetics? Can I coin that, if not?

11. Cassandra

Cassandra Guest

First off...yes to the OP.

Next of. You're all wrong. ACGT stands for "Apple, Corkscrew, Gobble, Tarantula" Scientists study DNA because...well...it's a great mystery how these things could make up every living thing.

You know...while we're talking about the different alphabets...When I got my ID in the US...well, my surname has letters that are not in the English alphabet...so they had to substitue letters. Some have no equivalent. Like there is no letter to represent the Vwah sound.

12. JohnR7

JohnR7 Well-Known Member

Marital Status:
    Married
    Faith:
    Pentecostal
    Are you mean & nasty by nature or did it take some sort of a pill that makes you like that? Just what is it about insulting people that you enjoy?

13. JohnR7

JohnR7 Well-Known Member

Marital Status:
    Married
    Faith:
    Pentecostal
    You can coin whatever you want to coin. I am all for making up words as we go along. They say to run it up the flag pole to see if people salute it or shoot at it.

14. tocis

tocis Warrior of Thor

Marital Status:
    Married
    Faith:
    Other-Religion
    Not to forget hoover, err, hovind babble. That phrase so damn typical... :help:

15. tocis

tocis Warrior of Thor

Marital Status:
    Married
    Faith:
    Other-Religion
    Strrrrrrike! :D

16. Asimov

Asimov Objectivist

Politics:
    CA-Others
    Faith:
    Atheist
    Only for you.

It shouldn't be considered a fact. A theory is a collection of facts that corroborate each other and explain any given phenomenon.

As it shouldn't. Neither can religion, so how is that a problem for science?

You think appeals to incredulity and begging the question is a sound thing to believe in?

17. tocis

tocis Warrior of Thor

Marital Status:
    Married
    Faith:
    Other-Religion
    Just for fun (and to throw in another ancient example), the Futhark runic alphabet has a "th" too, the rune Thurisaz. ;)

<irony>
    Funny how English degenerated from its more or less "Nordic" origins so that it now needs those two stupid letters where earlier there was one...
    </irony>

Sorry couldn't resist :D

18. Asimov

Asimov Objectivist

Politics:
    CA-Others
    Faith:
    Atheist
    I'm sorry? Aren't you John, the humble man who claims he knows nothing about science and then blames it on us for not teaching him properly?

19. Jan87676

Jan87676 Shoot first, ask questions later

Faith:
    Christian
    Indeed. You don't need a Ph.D to know that Evolution is false.

20. Asimov

Asimov Objectivist

Politics:
    CA-Others
    Faith:
    Atheist
    Indeed, you just need good rebuttals to show it....something you seem to lack. Prove me wrong.