✟59,965.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Osel said:
I never thought much about it in the first place. I almost ended up living in LA, though, so I'm glad I didn't now. But other than that, I don't know anyone there, never been there, and blah blah.

Hehe. Now you do. I'm not from New Orleans, but the Mississippi Gulf Coast. Close enough? ;)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ashley lynne

Loving mom and spouse ♥
Nov 10, 2005
Sunny, Florida
✟7,899.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
No, I havent forgotten. Has anyone thought about the people affected my hurricane wilma? Seems people forget about Florida, they are hit every year. I know Wilma wasnt as bad as Katrina, but people lost their homes. Part of my home was destroyed :(
No, I have forgotten them. Hurricanes make you thankful for you family.

Reactions: TwinCrier
Upvote 0

HumbleMan

Ragamuffin
Dec 2, 2003
Mississippi by way of Texas
✟17,870.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I haven't forgotten NO. I haven't forgotten how the mayor left a lot of people to die because of his ineptitude. I haven't forgotten how the feds let a lot of people die because of ineptitude. I haven't forgotten that my city's resources have been stretched by the influx of evacuees, or that alot of people arrested here lately for drugs, robbery, etc, have been from NO.

I haven't forgotten how beautiful NO was, or the memories I had walking on the levie watching the ships. I haven't forgotten the Gator Stop down in Boutte and their fried shrimp po'boys.

I wish I could forget Hurricane Katrina.

Reactions: TwinCrier
Upvote 0

s_gunter

Contributor
Supporter
Sep 29, 2003
Visit site
✟59,965.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Marmaladegirl22 said:
I have forgotten New Orleans but not Miss. I feel Miss. was ignored and everything was about New Orleans.

Thank ya sweetie. I haven't forgotten the craziness of Rita either....;)

HumbleMan said:
I haven't forgotten NO. I haven't forgotten how the mayor left a lot of people to die because of his ineptitude. I haven't forgotten how the feds let a lot of people die because of ineptitude. I haven't forgotten that my city's resources have been stretched by the influx of evacuees, or that alot of people arrested here lately for drugs, robbery, etc, have been from NO.

I haven't forgotten how beautiful NO was, or the memories I had walking on the levie watching the ships. I haven't forgotten the Gator Stop down in Boutte and their fried shrimp po'boys.

I wish I could forget Hurricane Katrina.

Ditto, brother, ditto.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

billwald

Contributor
Oct 18, 2003
washington state
✟6,386.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No, because NO is going to cost us billions and it won't help the poor people. It will make the rich, richer.

Prior to the storm condos were selling in the $250,000-$350,000 range. Most of the houses we saw on TV were single family lower income dwellings that will be scrapped. Anyone think the property owners will build lower class single family housing on their no vacant property?

I predict that NO will become the next Phoenix/Orlando, designed for tourists and reired people who will sell their $500,000+ houses in California and move to NO.

The displaced poor people will discover that subsistance jobs, welfare and schools are much better in the north.

Upvote 0