• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Have you ever felt you have finally lost your mind ?

SHETALKSTOANGELS

Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2016
NY
✟1,611.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
I don't know if I am the oldest person on the forum or not, but in either case I have been a psych patient for many decades. My current shrink told me last week that in terms of medication there is nothing further to be done, I am already on 2 anti depressants and 2 anti anxiety pills daily. ( one is a Benzo )

Have you felt that even putting on your Crocs is too much work ? That just staying in your room and avoiding any potential confrontations, remarks, looks, etc from the public is just something you can no longer cope with, especially if you are big like I am. This is how my agoraphobia began a couple of years ago, much to the chagrin of my mental health providers, who are trying to move heaven and earth to get me to go out and even walk 3 blocks and come back.

Getting dressed is too hard, struggling with the bra, the leggings, and as I have no hair, I have to find a head covering, so I stopped getting dressed altogether. I went on Ebay and bought about $ 300 worth of Carol Hochman, Eileen West and Aria pretty knee length gowns I have OCD, so I shower a lot, most days about 5 times.

Have I reached the end of the road and am now mad ? Is the disinclination of yanking up a pair of leggings the proof that I've really and truly lost it ?

Any thoughts are welcome. I am going to copy and paste this for the depression and OCD teams. The more who read it, the greater chance it may resonate with someone.

Thanks and God bless.

doomsayer2

But in a good way...
Sep 7, 2013
Atlanta,Ga.
✟16,093.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
-----
I don't know if I am the oldest person on the forum or not, but in either case I have been a psych patient for many decades. My current shrink told me last week that in terms of medication there is nothing further to be done, I am already on 2 anti depressants and 2 anti anxiety pills daily. ( one is a Benzo )

Have you felt that even putting on your Crocs is too much work ? That just staying in your room and avoiding any potential confrontations, remarks, looks, etc from the public is just something you can no longer cope with, especially if you are big like I am. This is how my agoraphobia began a couple of years ago, much to the chagrin of my mental health providers, who are trying to move heaven and earth to get me to go out and even walk 3 blocks and come back.

Getting dressed is too hard, struggling with the bra, the leggings, and as I have no hair, I have to find a head covering, so I stopped getting dressed altogether. I went on Ebay and bought about $ 300 worth of Carol Hochman, Eileen West and Aria pretty knee length gowns I have OCD, so I shower a lot, most days about 5 times.

Have I reached the end of the road and am now mad ? Is the disinclination of yanking up a pair of leggings the proof that I've really and truly lost it ?

Any thoughts are welcome. I am going to copy and paste this for the depression and OCD teams. The more who read it, the greater chance it may resonate with someone.

Thanks and God bless.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Upvote 0

doomsayer2

But in a good way...
Sep 7, 2013
Atlanta,Ga.
✟16,093.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Upvote 0

BookofMatt

Jesus is Lord
Nov 7, 2012
California
✟37,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don't think it's a sign you're going "mad", really, but it could just be fatigue and/or a minor loss of motor control. I've been on strong psych meds before which really knocked me out to a point where just getting out of bed was a chore in and of itself. You might want to talk to a doctor about it.

As the old adage goes, though, those who are insane don't know they're insane, so it sounds like you're doing pretty well. Take care.

Upvote 0

Natsumi Lam

Preparer of the Bride
Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2015
✟120,306.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

Thanks and God bless.

I feel your pain! I am sorry and praying.

~Natsumi Lam~

Upvote 0

Natsumi Lam

Preparer of the Bride
Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2015
✟120,306.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I don't think it's a sign you're going "mad", really, but it could just be fatigue and/or a minor loss of motor control. I've been on strong psych meds before which really knocked me out to a point where just getting out of bed was a chore in and of itself. You might want to talk to a doctor about it.

As the old adage goes, though, those who are insane don't know they're insane, so it sounds like you're doing pretty well. Take care.

I agree with Book of Matt.

Reactions: BookofMatt
Upvote 0