Have you bought your child(ren) a cell phone?

Have you bought your child(ren) a cell phone?

• No.

• Yes, when my child was under 12.

• Yes, when my child was 12-15.

• Yes, when my child was over 15.

Results are only viewable after voting.

TCat

Daily surrender
Mar 23, 2007
usa
✟10,087.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
We bought my son a go-phone when he was 13. DH and I both work and wanted to stay in touch with what DS was doing and where he was going. A go-phone is one in which you place find a plan that suits you then pay a set amount of $ each month with no contract and no obligation.
At times we put less $ on the phone or restricted the plan as punishment but a few times it has been a life saver. DS is now 17, we have gone thru a few phones and he is on our family plan. We like it.

Upvote 0

b.hopeful

Sharp as a razor, soft as a prayer
Jul 17, 2009
St.Louis metropolitan area
✟18,662.00
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My daughter got one right before she started 7th grade. I love it. I feel so much more comfortable with her having a social life knowing that I can get her on the phone. She's in a lot of school activities like band, student council, track, etc....and we live in a very kid friendly area. She can ride her bike to a friends house or hang out in another part of the subdivision and I can get her on the phone in a second and find out the status of her and the younger two kids. It gives me great peace of mind. Not to mention....I have a teenager and my home phone never rings for her. She's never lost her phone or damaged her phone....she's very responsible in regards to it......it's a win win for us. And...there is no worse punishment for her than losing her cell phone.

Upvote 0