Have you been healed physically before by Jesus?

Joy Fisher

Mar 19, 2011
✟15,145.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Christownsme, I appreciate your post. I believe similarly to you, and I have asked this question many times. And haven't received an answer yet.
I know several people who have been miraculously healed, some of them lasting, some of it I believe was really by the Holy Spirit, and one that I know off I know was healed by the powers of a "fake minister" who really ministers with the help of demonic spirits. He sadly is now dead from the same ilness that he was cured of originally. I myself have seen my "leg grow" with prayer, but it did not heal the back pain I had, which was the reason why I went for prayer. I don't know what to think of that experience. I can tell you though, as a person working in health care, that a lot of ilnesses are because of bad life style choices, and Christians are frustrated that God is not healing them from their knee pain or their diabetes or high blood pressure, but they are not willing to ask Him to help them get control of their over eating.
When you find the answer to your questions, please let me know.

Upvote 0

Joy Fisher

Mar 19, 2011
✟15,145.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
To share some specific examples:
A friend of ours from our previous church had really bad asthma for years and years. He practically lived in hospital as a child. He decided to fast and pray to God to be healed. He fasted for 3 days and he was healed from his asthma. Nobody prayed over him, God just did it directly. (Not that I am discounting the commandments of the Bible)
The grandmother of a guy I dated before meeting my husband, had leukemia. She kept praying that the Lord healed her. One time when she went for a follow up test, her blood counts were completely normal. She never needed any chemotherapy or any treatment after that and was completely healed.
A patient of mine's mother was miraculously healed of colon cancer. This woman herself is now elderly. This left me in a bit of a pickle professionally, because I am supposed to recommend to her to get regular colonoscopies because of her family history. So I explained to her that I believed that if the Lord healed her mom, he would have broken the curse off her family as well and she would not necessarily have to recommend routine colonoscopies but as a doctor I am supposed to recommend them. She decided not to go for one at that point. About 2-3 years later she had some abdominal symptoms and I referred her for a colonoscopy. The surgeon remarked he has never seen a woman of her age with such a healthy bowel. What a testimony!
My uncle who is a retired minister (but as far as I know is not born again, only religious) got healed instantly from severe lower back pain when a Christian doctor prayed for him. The doctor warned him that he has to get his life right with God and start building his own faith in the Lord, otherwise he may lose his healing. Unfortunately my uncle did not do this (he is too proud to admit that the way he ministered all his life/career is not the full truth, I believe) so he indeed lost his healing and he still lives with very severe back pain.
A well known professional sports person in South Africa travelled to Nigeria to be prayed for by a false faith healer (who I personally am convinced heals people through occultic forces). (He of course did not know this faith healer is a fake and he himself is a true believer). He was healed instantly from his brain tumor, but he died several years later from the same brain tumor, being only in his late 30's.
These are the examples I can think of now. I am sure there are more, though.

Upvote 0

Nurbz

Apr 6, 2007
✟8,607.00
Faith
Non-Denom
But you see, if God's Word doesn't teach it, then it's just someone's opinion. In this case the teachings of the school you went to.

I'm not trying to be difficult here, and the reason I only originally quoted the one comment is because the basis of your commentary after that was based on that statement. Where you ended saying you'd be very angry with God if the Austrian girl's plea's for help went unanswered. And that despite your own bout with Cancer no amount of prayer would have saved you. So you give credit to the doctors for healing you instead of God? God uses doctors to heal, but ultimately it's in His hands.

I'm a walking testimony to that, just as you are. My appendix ruptured inside me and was inside me for as much as 5 days. I had been taught all my life that this was a death sentence. Yet none of the poison went into my bloodstream, in fact it went back upstream in my intestines to my stomach. The hospital pumped 4000 cc's of this poison out of my stomach over the next four days. I knew going into the surgery that it had already ruptured, I knew that no matter how good or bad the doctor may be, that would be removing it. It was in His Hands, He decides, not a doctor and not me.

What you are failing to see in your case is that He intervened at the last minute. As for the Austrian girl, it is proof we live in a fallen world. It's sad and tragic, but it's still proof. I don't like the idea of it happening anymore than you do or He does. But these things are going to happen in a fallen world. That's why we have the Great Commission to spread the Good News about Him.

Job's wife said, "Why don't you curse God and die!" Job wouldn't do it. Would you do it because God didn't intervene/interfere in a situation you felt He should? I know I wouldn't.

I know what you're saying but I think the thread's subject was ment to mean more miraculious healing rather than something so ambiguious as working through doctors, which would aslo follow with my question about those that do believe dying during treatment.

I'm not meaning any ill will here of course, I'm just saying if he helped you with your appendix, but not that girl in Austria who'd been suffering worse for decades would make me extremely angry because it would mean he's sitting with arms folded when he's stepped in before despite our free will. Believing he lets things play out as humanity chooses is easier to handle than him picking and choosing which believers or people he lets suffer and which he doesn't.

Upvote 0

zeker33:9

Blood bought
Oct 25, 2010
✟7,706.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I know what you're saying but I think the thread's subject was ment to mean more miraculious healing rather than something so ambiguious as working through doctors, which would aslo follow with my question about those that do believe dying during treatment.

I'm not meaning any ill will here of course, I'm just saying if he helped you with your appendix, but not that girl in Austria who'd been suffering worse for decades would make me extremely angry because it would mean he's sitting with arms folded when he's stepped in before despite our free will. Believing he lets things play out as humanity chooses is easier to handle than him picking and choosing which believers or people he lets suffer and which he doesn't.
Your comment that I quoted originally you couldn't show Scripture to back up that view. Which is the basis of your belief. You've left out the work and power of the Holy Spirit which I'm sure you would say you have. That's how He "interferes" with humanity. I would bet you'd tell me that you minister to folks and even witness to unbelievers. Stop interfering in their lives. According to your theory you aren't supposed to be doing those things, because you're interfering. See what I mean? That goes against Scripture. Since when are we more compassionate and loving than God? We aren't.

God is more concerned about our Spiritual condition, than our physical condition. Why? This body I'm in is going to pass away one day as will yours. There's nothing we can do to stop it. But to say that God has a "hands off" approach is just ridiculous. He is very hands on; He lives inside you doesn't He? He "interferes" in your life, and causes you to "interfere" in others lives to spread the Good News.

The Cure for Anxiety:
Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment? Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they? Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature? And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin: And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith? Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed? (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek: ) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things. But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
(Matthew 6:25-34)

The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever. (Psalm 23:1-6)

Get into God's Word and see what you find.

Upvote 0

God rules

Mar 29, 2011
✟15,112.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
hi. Sorry I didn't go through and read all that has been written, but in a skim, I don't really see much of an answer to the OPs question. I would like to answer that.

YES. I have been supernaturally healed many times, along with laying hands on friends in which they were healed. It's one thing to hear about scriptures, and one thing to hear testimonies, it is quite another to have your very own body change before your eyes in an un-natural way, and line up with what the Word of God says.

Here are a few actual events of healing in my very own body:

** I had injured my knee while excersizing. Not having an MRI yet, but had the symptoms of a torn meniscus. Was crippled for over a month and a half. At church another member layed hands on my knee after service and commanded it to be made whole. I walked out of that church completely healed.

** Over a decade later I was playing softball and ripped my meniscus again. Doctor verified it and said I needed surgery. I drove from the doctors office to my new church. It was Friday afternoon, so only the office staff was there. They gathered around me and prayed. I stood up healed completely. Went back to the doctor. No sign of any tear.

** I had a horrible case of Mono, bedridden for 2.5 months. My buddy was over one evening and we were just talking when God said to me, "If you will dance before me, I will heal you of your Mono." So my buddy and I worshipped and praised and danced til 2am. Mono was gone the next day.

** I was in a skating accident and my neck was injured. I could not move, I layed flat for two days in pain. I suddenly got very angry that NO CHILD OF GOD had to be sick. I crawled downstairs, in pain, made myself stand up and pray and let that righteous indignation have it's way. 10 minutes later I ran out of the house to go hang out with my friends, totally healed.

** I dropped an empty pallet on my foot. My big toe was black and green and swollen. I limped, and could not bend it. One night my friends and I were sitting at the beach talking about healing. After we were done we all went for a walk. I suddenly realized....OH MY....I looked down, the toe was not swollen and was of perfect color. Completely healed, I was walking and didn't even realize it.

** I had a horrible bout with Candida. Sick ALL The time. in a church service the preacher called out my ailment and I felt it tangibly leave my body at that moment. Completely healed.

I could go on and on. No, Jesus is not healing anyone today.....He ALREADY healed us 2000 years ago. It's a done deal.

Upvote 0

God rules

Mar 29, 2011
✟15,112.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Always saddens me that when the truth and proclimation of the works of God are testified to....the conversation is over. This thread is about to fall off the page now.

But I will keep proclaiming healing as I see the miracles of raising dead and healing and salvation DO EXIST today. No matter what anyone believes...healing is relevent for today. I had hoped to find a place where I could find like minded believers... a place where people encourage each other and share the love of God and testify to healings...

....still looking, as I found this area to be full of threads about how they hate preachers who believe and preach healing and prosperity and raising the dead because they blink too much.

I'll keep looking, thanks for letting me post, to anyone who I gave hope to....I wish you well.

Upvote 0

whatfor

Just me
Dec 15, 2006
Adelaide, Australia
✟102,417.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Always saddens me that when the truth and proclimation of the works of God are testified to....the conversation is over. This thread is about to fall off the page now.

But I will keep proclaiming healing as I see the miracles of raising dead and healing and salvation DO EXIST today. No matter what anyone believes...healing is relevent for today. I had hoped to find a place where I could find like minded believers... a place where people encourage each other and share the love of God and testify to healings...

....still looking, as I found this area to be full of threads about how they hate preachers who believe and preach healing and prosperity and raising the dead because they blink too much.

I'll keep looking, thanks for letting me post, to anyone who I gave hope to....I wish you well.

Thanks for the encouraging posts.
It is good to see someone who believes too.
Would love to hear more from you.

God bless you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ashout

As Tall as Goliath and as fearsome too!
Oct 27, 2009
Home
✟10,056.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
If my family thought that way, I'd have never sought therapy and let myself die when I was depressed between treatments and I wouldn't be here. This isn't the middle ages where the only thing to look forward to is death. If life is nothing but suffering then there's no point to living and suicide seems like a better choice. I can't accept telling someone "well it's probably better if you don't recover".

yeah i see what you mean. What i meant by that wasn't that at all, i agree that you should seek healing with all your strength and heart and never give up until your dead(maybe even beyond that).

what i meant was, maybe God didn't heal you becuase he felt it was better for you not to be healed for some reason. my point is is that he can use disease and affliction to make you a better person, and if it costs your life, so what? you don't stop existing when you die, there's something else awaiting us on the other side.

anyways, i hope that cleared things up and your no longer angry at what i suggested, which wasn't what it appeared to be.

Upvote 0

sk8Joyful

Aug 23, 2005
✟28,800.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I'm the doubting Thomas in this area of physical healing.

I believe He can, but why is it so hard to find examples today? :
I. I believe Jesus can heal
II. I believe Jesus wants to heal spiritually most importantly
III. Why don't we hear of healing outside of medicine and doctors?

I have a physiological brain chemistry disorder of bipolar unspecified.
I have been taking meds for 20 years. The meds cause diabetes. Had that for 4 years.
Diabetes causes all kinds of problems. I want to be healed.
I am disabled and you can't just ween off the meds. Either your symptoms will return or you will have withdrawal symptoms.
I'm afraid, I feel forsaken, not understood, and most of all anxious for relief.

Only encouragers, please!
Let me know what the scoop is on healing sick people in the 21st century.
Why isn't it practiced anymore, or at least encouraged?
Hello,
You might want to ask New :thumbsup: questions, such as:
1. Since GOD created us each to heal, and while on earth finished His work in this area,
who (which humans) can I ask to help guide my own healings...
&
2. Doctors use drugs/knives/radiation to Control & Manage symptoms,
symptoms such as mind-behaviors, & its physical manifestations such as diabetes.
They practice medicinal "control & management". <- That, as you've experienced is not healing.

Healing is when you are helped to change... as a necessary! part of being guided to heal.
&
3. Many people (of all kinds of conditions), continue being healed today. And so can you! :thumbsup:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
B

bornagainin72

I believe that Jesus is still in the healing business. My daughter was diagnosed with Aplastic Anemia when she was 8 years old. I found out later that she actually stopped breathing and left her body (she told me the whole story - what she saw, etc.) when her fever spiked to 105.

The blood tests revealed she had NO blood count. Her bone marrow had stopped producing red and white cells. Normally I would have been so upset but for some reason I had a calm that I could not explain. Can't say the same for my husband; he was so upset he cancelled a business trip he was scheduled to leave the next day.

The doctor said only a bone marrow transplant would save her life and back then they were not as common (she is 34 now). Two weeks later when her blood tests were taken again they found new cells in her marrow. She got better from there. I believe that she was healed. She told me that she was told to go back - that it was not time when she stopped breathing.

Although her immune system remained fragile and she cannot donate blood - she has lived a pretty healthy life. I was told later, after she started to improve without the transplant, that children with aplastic anemia (in the 80's) - a small minority recovered.

Upvote 0
C

Cassidy

I haven't had any serious illness or injury but my sister was healed of bacterial meningitis at the age of 9 mths old.

I've had numerous friends healed. One was healded of a brain tumor.

One had broken her tailbone and xray showed that it was bent like a 'J' into her birth canal. A follow up xray the following day, showed that it was healed.

A friend's baby was born 24 weeks premature and contracted a staff infection...this basically means death. He survived.

Many more where they came from.

Upvote 0

wayfaring man

Veteran
Jan 25, 2004
✟20,565.00
Faith
Non-Denom
It seems that for one to be miraculously healed/delivered by The Lord, someone has to be trusting in Him with their very life. (If not the person in need them self, then at least the one(s) interceding on their behalf.)

My own experiences with The Lord's healing touch have been most pronounced during times of prayer and fasting, which usually were resorted to because of some "unyielding affliction".

Not especially ironic, but resorting to prayer and fasting, is rather exclusive of resorting to modern prescription drugs, (and consequently, most modern medical doctors). [Because most drugs are to be taken with food.]

And such is often the case, that the way of the world is somehow contrary to the way of faith; so that, we are forced to choose one or the other, for they are not compatible enough for us to go both ways at once.

So much so, that it is actually "illegal", for anyone to tell someone to pray and fast instead of taking drugs.

And this new proposed mandatory "health care" is largely the trillion dollar "health care industry" seeking to guarantee continued customers.

For many "alternative cures" are being realized as being safer, cheaper, and more effective...but because they are not "main stream", "health care insurance" won't "cover" them...but will primarily only cover the "drugs and surgery" regimen. And to underscore evidence of this "plot", within that 1,000 or so page "bill", is an allowance for drug companies to keep their drugs from going "generic" for much longer than is now allowed. (Which is how they "rake in" the "big bucks".)

Ever notice how most anything "health care" related is egregiously overpriced ?

Once, for physical therapy's sake, some "exercise putty" was prescribed, with a price tag of about 10x higher than the "silly putty" which it was substantially identical to...

And so it appears that, to a great extent, modern "health care", is mainly concerned with "making money", and not with people's welfare...and as such it is alienated from The Spirit and Nature of God & Christ.

The U.S. already spends more dollars per person on "health care" than do most if not all other countries, even those who've already initiated "mandatory health care"...so assigning more money isn't the answer.

Focusing more on preventative steps is one thing we can do.

Like someone already mentioned, most modern day illnesses are directly related to poor choices in diet and lifestyle,
(being overweight, in particular)...and that's something prayer and fasting is very likely to help with, along with many other afflictions.

And yes, some good can come from being sick...but even though Paul said he "took pleasures in infirmities, for when he was weak, then he was strong" (2nd Corinthians 12:10), he surely wouldn't condone purposely abusing his body through employing a lack of godly wisdom + common sense restraint.

All things are lawful unto me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any. <-----> 1st Corinthians 6:12

All things are lawful for me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but all things edify not. <-----> 1st Corinthians 10:23

May The Lord Be Pleased to Bless !

wm

Last edited:
Upvote 0
C

Christownsme

I think I've enough evidence along with what I want to share today, to say that God can heal, has the heart to heal, but will do what's in the best interest in helping us bringing Him the most glory. If a healing will bring others to Christ, then healing is what will probably happen. But if suffering and being a witness at the same time will bring others to Christ, then God will probably not take away the affliction.

Consider 3 John 1:2
Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.

It's common to misapply this verse to mean that it is God's will for His children to always prosper and be in good health, which would lead toward a "health and wealth gospel." But John is saying nothing more than a wish to Gaius that this letter might find him well and in good health.

The preposition peri should be understood as "concerning" or "about" rather than "above" in the phrase "I wish above all things..." - this is a mistranslation of the KJV.

John isn't saying that prosperity and wealth should be considered the important priorities of one's life. The verb euchomai merely expresses a wish, not the promise of an Apostle to a fellow believer. The word means to have a good and safe journey throughout one's life. One should accept the idea that prospering does not necessarily mean to gain riches. Rather, one should understand that the Lord will make sufficient provision for the believer's needs, and the idea of wealth should not be interpreted here. The third word of importance in this verse is hugianinein, "to be healthy." Likewise, this is not a guarantee that Gaius is going to be healthy, but simply a wish.

We learned from church today that in the Garden of Gethsemene, Jesus pleaded with the Father that there be another way they could accomplish the Father's will without Jesus having to partake of the cup of wrath set before Him. He followed it with "not my will but thine be done." God's will is always more glorious in the end than our will. And it accomplishes more.

This also frees me from the bondage or fear I've had that my illness is somehow a punishment from God. Because it's not.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

MasterpieceMesias

King of Stoic Cynicism
Feb 20, 2011
Somewhere away from people
✟8,602.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
My mom had rheumatoid arthritis when she got pregnant with me. It was so bad it would keep her up at night and she would cry. She said she wanted to die, and even now she can barely even move her left wrist. She had it for 11 years, took shots, treatment, etc. . . Then she started getting into fitness and it got a little better, and one day she went into get a checkup and the doctor told her she didn't have to take any more medicine and shots, and that there was nothing wrong with her anymore. Her pain is gone now and she is arthritis free!!! So yes Jesus does heal and always will, he is a loving and kind patient God who loves everyone

Upvote 0
C

Christownsme

I'm not saying that God doesn't want to heal or that he doesn't today - I'm saying his main priority is that we want His presence over physical healing anyday. Because when we desire his presence more than anything, it's Him who we want, no selfish motives are involved - whatever brings God the most glory is the will of God.

Also, Paul speaks in 1 Cor 12:29-31, 13:13

....Not everyone has the power to work miracles or to heal diseases or to speak in strange tongues or to explain what is said. Set your hearts, then, on the more important gifts.... .... faith, hope, and love; and the greatest of these is love.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Oct 21, 2009
✟17,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Only encouragers, please! Let me know what the scoop is on healing sick people in the 21st century. Why isn't it practiced anymore, or at least encouraged?

I don't know that I've ever been physically healed, at least I don't remember, but Jesus saved my life, literally. Does that count?

http://www.christianforums.com/t7506871/

I have many physical ailments including epileptic brain seizures. I get positive answers to prayer all the time, but I'm uncomfortable praying for myself. I prefer praying for others. I'll add you to my prayers. One word of caution, there are many charlatans claiming the ability to heal. There are wolves among the sheep.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
May 3, 2011
Hopkinsville Ky
✟7,611.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I am new here but here is a verse that Jesus tells in John 14:12-Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater [works] than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father. Hope this helps about the healing part, what I have read in the past that our God is a jealous God and if what we are praying for is not going to gratify him in any way he won't do it, but have faith pray diligently and if it be His will it will happen.! Be blessed and I will be praying for you also.

Upvote 0

Tomo_Tsu

Japanese-American
May 1, 2011
Washington State
✟7,803.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Long before I was converted to Christianity..I knew it had something to possibly do with this (Jesus Healing) I had health problems since the day I was born..I was born a preemie. I have a twin. we were born at 7 months and were not expected to either live long or be disfigured or was told..get this..to have develop mental and/or physical disorders..I had asthma, an irregular heart beat for years..and now have crohn's disease..but the weird part is..my lungs are at it's best they've been in years. My energy levels are coming back and my crohn's MAY be in remission..I do have typical cramps and sering pain sometimes..but not as intense as before.

Upvote 0