Discussion Have you been given the Holy Spirit?

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
To the op

All scripture is given by inspiration of god
.(at the time he wrote that only the old testiment existed) and as it is inspired by god..the holy spirit will not teach anything in contradiction.for he only speaks what the father says.

Personally im still waiting to know what your point is in any of this thread.
i suspect your laying ground work to say that what a man says he is taught by the holy spirit ..even though it be opposed to scripture..is infailable .
which is the lie of rome more then once over its existance of falshoods

Reactions: ToBeLoved
Upvote 0

Johnlove1

Aug 5, 2015
✟598.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
To the op

.(at the time he wrote that only the old testiment existed) and as it is inspired by god..the holy spirit will not teach anything in contradiction.for he only speaks what the father says.

i suspect your laying ground work to say that what a man says he is taught by the holy spirit ..even though it be opposed to scripture..is infailable .
Jesus/Holy Spirit has been personally teaching me for forty years. Personally meaning actually telling me with words, and having me live God’s Commandments.

Not once in all these years has God ever taught me anything that contradicts his written Word.

I sure have been taught how wrong the Church has understood God’s Word.

The surest way that one can know it is God teaching/leading him or her, is by the fruit that comes from the teaching.

Jesus has taught, and given me the grace to live and understand his Commandments, and that includes never sinning. That is good fruit.

Sinning is rotten fruit.

If the Holy Spirit is teaching one they will love.

Not sinning at all is truly loving God, and man.

Upvote 0

Johnlove1

Aug 5, 2015
✟598.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Know this if you have been given the Holy Spirit, he would be telling you just how to live your life.

(Romans 8: 4) “He did this in order that the law’s just demands might be satisfied in us, who behave not as our unspiritual nature but as the Spirit dictates.”

The Holy Spirit does not continue to be with one who does not obey him.

The Holy Spirit will never let you sin without telling you how wrong the act is.

If you still deliberately commit sins you do not any longer have the Holy Spirit.

One who sins is of the devil and the Holy Spirit does not stay with a devil.

(1 John 3:8) “Whoever lives sinfully belongs to the devil, since thedevilhas been a sinner from the beginning. This was the purpose of the appearing of the Son of God, to undo the work of the devil.”

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
To the op

I'm not sure that there is a point to this thread. I haven't read it yet.

Upvote 0

Johnlove1

Aug 5, 2015
✟598.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
I'm not sure that there is a point to this thread. I haven't read it yet.
Know this if you have been given the Holy Spirit, he would be telling you just how to live your life.

(Romans 8: 4) “He did this in order that the law’s just demands might be satisfied in us, who behave not as our unspiritual nature but as the Spirit dictates.”

The Holy Spirit will never let you sin without telling you how wrong the act is.

If you still deliberately commit sins you do not any longer have the Holy Spirit.

One who sins is of the devil and the Holy Spirit does not stay with a devil.

(1 John 3:8) “Whoever lives sinfully belongs to the devil, since thedevilhas been a sinner from the beginning. This was the purpose of the appearing of the Son of God, to undo the work of the devil.”

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

You are wrong again. The Holy Spirit does not tell us how to live our lives.

The Holy Spirit convicts us of sin. The Holy Spirit is a comforter. The Holy Spirit prays for us when we know not what to pray for ourselves. The Holy Spirit indwells each believer as a guarantee of their inheritance in Jesus Christ. The Holy Spirit guides us in truth. The Holy Spirit testifies of Jesus Christ.

We would not even know what was a sin, so we could be convicted by the Holy Spirit of our sin, if the Word did not outline what the 10 Commandments are.

You also wrote that "the Holy Spirit does not continue to be with one who does not obey him"

This is also not true.

Ephesians 1:13-14
In Him, you also, after listening to the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation-- having also believed, you were sealed in Him with the Holy Spirit of promise, 14who is given as a pledge of our inheritance, with a view to the redemption of God's own possession, to the praise of His glory.

2 Corinthians 1:22
Now He who establishes us with you in Christ and anointed us is God, 22who also sealed us and gave us the Spirit in our hearts as a pledge.

John 6:27
"Do not work for the food which perishes, but for the food which endures to eternal life, which the Son of Man will give to you, for on Him the Father, God, has set His seal.

Revelation 7:3-4
saying, "Do not harm the earth or the sea or the trees until we have sealed the bond-servants of our God on their foreheads." And I heard the number of those who were sealed, one hundred and forty-four thousand sealed from every tribe of the sons of Israel:

Upvote 0

Johnlove1

Aug 5, 2015
✟598.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
You are wrong again. The Holy Spirit does not tell us how to live our lives.

The Holy Spirit convicts us of sin. The Holy Spirit is a comforter. The Holy Spirit prays for us when we know not what to pray for ourselves. The Holy Spirit indwells each believer as a guarantee of their inheritance in Jesus Christ. The Holy Spirit guides us in truth. The Holy Spirit testifies of Jesus Christ.

We would not even know what was a sin, so we could be convicted by the Holy Spirit of our sin, if the Word did not outline what the 10 Commandments are.

You also wrote that "the Holy Spirit does not continue to be with one who does not obey him"

This is also not true.

Ephesians 1:13-14
In Him, you also, after listening to the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation-- having also believed, you were sealed in Him with the Holy Spirit of promise, 14who is given as a pledge of our inheritance, with a view to the redemption of God's own possession, to the praise of His glory.

2 Corinthians 1:22
Now He who establishes us with you in Christ and anointed us is God, 22who also sealed us and gave us the Spirit in our hearts as a pledge.

John 6:27
"Do not work for the food which perishes, but for the food which endures to eternal life, which the Son of Man will give to you, for on Him the Father, God, has set His seal.

Revelation 7:3-4
saying, "Do not harm the earth or the sea or the trees until we have sealed the bond-servants of our God on their foreheads." And I heard the number of those who were sealed, one hundred and forty-four thousand sealed from every tribe of the sons of Israel:
(Hebrews 10:26-31) “If, after we have been given knowledge of the truth, we should deliberately commit any sins, then there is no longer any sacrifice for them. There is left only the dreadful prospect of judgment and of the fiery wrath that is to devour your enemies. Anyone who disregards the Law of Moses is ruthlessly put to death on the word of two witnesses or three; and you may be sure that anyone who tramples on the Son of God, and who treats the blood of the covenant which sanctified him as if it were not holy, and who insults the Spirit of grace, will be condemned to a far severer punishment. We are all aware who it was that said: Vengeance is mine; I will vindicate his people. It is a dreadful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.”

If one has been given the knowledge of the truth, and deliberately commits a sin, then there is no repentance for such a person.

If one disobeys the Holy Spirit it is insulting the Holy Spirit, and he or she is condemned.

You have your beliefs, but scripture say you are wrong.

A sinners is of the devil, and the Holy Spirit is not going to continue to be with someone who is of the devil.

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
(Hebrews 10:26-31) “If, after we have been given knowledge of the truth, we should deliberately commit any sins, then there is no longer any sacrifice for them. There is left only the dreadful prospect of judgment and of the fiery wrath that is to devour your enemies. Anyone who disregards the Law of Moses is ruthlessly put to death on the word of two witnesses or three; and you may be sure that anyone who tramples on the Son of God, and who treats the blood of the covenant which sanctified him as if it were not holy, and who insults the Spirit of grace, will be condemned to a far severer punishment. We are all aware who it was that said: Vengeance is mine; I will vindicate his people. It is a dreadful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.”

If one has been given the knowledge of the truth, and deliberately commits a sin, then there is no repentance for such a person.

If one disobeys the Holy Spirit it is insulting the Holy Spirit, and he or she is condemned.

You have your beliefs, but scripture say you are wrong.

A sinners is of the devil, and the Holy Spirit is not going to continue to be with someone who is of the devil.

This is not even what we were talking about.

You posted that the Holy Spirit will leave a believer if the are not obedient. I provided scripture to prove that the Holy Spirit has been given to us by Christ as a guarantee of our inheritance in Christ Jesus.

I'm not sure why you responded with this. This does not even address the statement. Please re-read what I posted again with scripture (see Post #47) and provide scripture to support your argument that the Holy Spirit will leave someone who is not obedient.

Upvote 0

Johnlove1

Aug 5, 2015
✟598.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status

You posted that the Holy Spirit will leave a believer if the are not obedient. I provided scripture to prove that the Holy Spirit has been given to us by Christ as a guarantee of our inheritance in Christ Jesus.

I'm not sure why you responded with this. This does not even address the statement. Please re-read what I posted again with scripture (see Post #47) and provide scripture to support your argument that the Holy Spirit will leave someone who is not obedient.

Yes the Holy Spirit was given to us. If we obeyed the Holy Spirit we would be guaranteed an inheritance in Jesus Christ.

If one sins there is no inheritance. Because one did not obey.

(1 Corinthians 6:9-19) “You know perfectly well that people who do wrong will not inherit the Kingdom of God: people of immoral lives, idolaters, adulterers, catamites, sodomites, thieves, usurers, drunkards, slanders and swindlers will never inherit the kingdom of God.”

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Johnlove1

Aug 5, 2015
✟598.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Yes one knows he or she is being led by the Holy Spirit or the devil.

If one is led by the Holy Spirit he or she will not sin.

But if one does not keep God’s Word, and sins he or she can know they are being led by the devil.

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Yes the Holy Spirit was given to us. If we obeyed the Holy Spirit we would be guaranteed an inheritance in Jesus Christ.
If one sins there is no inheritance.
Because one did not obey.
(1 Corinthians 6:9-19) “You know perfectly well that people who do wrong will not inherit the Kingdom of God: people of immoral lives, idolaters, adulterers, catamites, sodomites, thieves, usurers, drunkards, slanders and swindlers will never inherit the kingdom of God.”
You are forgetting that Jesus forgives sin. That is one of the major premises of the New Covenant. He (Jesus) actually tells us that He will forgive ALL of our sins, because HE is FAIR and JUST (Not us, HE).

The problem with what you have written above is that I have already given you text that shows that the Holy Spirit will never leave us. You did not respond to this text, but instead went back to your unbiblical understanding of sin.

This could be a wonderful change to learn that the Holy Spirit is giving you. Take it!

Upvote 0

Johnlove1

Aug 5, 2015
✟598.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
You are forgetting that Jesus forgives sin. That is one of the major premises of the New Covenant. He (Jesus) actually tells us that He will forgive ALL of our sins, because HE is FAIR and JUST (Not us, HE).

The problem with what you have written above is that I have already given you text that shows that the Holy Spirit will never leave us. You did not respond to this text, but instead went back to your unbiblical understanding of sin.

This could be a wonderful change to learn that the Holy Spirit is giving you. Take it!
If one truly has the Holy Spirit he or she will be given the knowledge of the truth.

Such a person becomes a Child of God. A Child of God can’t sin. Scripture tells us that, and it mean a Child of God can’t sin and be forgiven.

(1 John 3:9-10) “No one who has been begotten by God sins; because God’s seed remains inside him, he cannot sin when he has been begotten by God. In this way we distinguish the children of God from the children of the devil: anybody not living a holy life and not loving his brother is no child of God’s”

(Matthew 12:31-32) “And so I tell you, every human sin and blasphemy will be forgiven, but blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven. And anyone who says a word against the Son of man will be forgiven; but no one who speaks against the Holy Spirit will be forgiven either in this world or in the next.”

A Spiritual Christian has told the Holy Spirit that he or she loves God.

The Holy Spirit had given the Spiritual Christians the knowledge of the truth, and gives him or her the grace to never sin again.

(John 16:13) “But when the Spirit of truth comes he will lead you to the complete truth, since he will not be speaking as from himself but will say only what he has learnt; and he will tell you of the things to come.”

If one who has been given the knowledge of the truth deliberately commits a sin then there is no forgiveness of that sin. There is only death. Not always physical, but spiritual. A spiritual death means one will never enter the kingdom of Heaven.

Hebrews tells us that anyone who insults the Spirit of Grace, will be condemned to a far severer punishment.

God in Acts gives the Christian Community a harsh lesson. God takes the life of two people who deliberately committed a sin, and that sin was a lie.

Acts 5:1-11) the Fraud of Ananias and Sapphira.

Scripture tells us those two people lied to the Holy Spirit. They did that by telling God they loved him, but in truth they loved the devil.

(1 John 3:8) “He who does what is sinful is of the devil, because the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the devil's work.”

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Such a person becomes a Child of God. A Child of God can’t sin. Scripture tells us that, and it mean a Child of God can’t sin and be forgiven.

(1 John 3:9-10) “No one who has been begotten by God sins; because God’s seed remains inside him, he cannot sin when he has been begotten by God. In this way we distinguish the children of God from the children of the devil: anybody not living a holy life and not loving his brother is no child of God’s”

(Matthew 12:31-32) “And so I tell you, every human sin and blasphemy will be forgiven, but blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven. And anyone who says a word against the Son of man will be forgiven; but no one who speaks against the Holy Spirit will be forgiven either in this world or in the next.”

Your second verse in Matthew is about the only sin that is a problem to forgiveness and the number of people that commit this sin is miniscule.

Otherwise, every other sin can be forgiven.

1 John 1:9.

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

The real problem with what you have written is that it is from a human perspective. We know that human beings are not fair and just, but that God is HOLY and can only be fair, just and righteous.

If you look at it from the perspective of what God is doing and what God does (Him being Holy) you will see that God's part in this is much more powerful and that He cannot lie, so when God does something, it is not open to error.

That changes everything.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Johnlove1

Aug 5, 2015
✟598.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Your second verse in Matthew is about the only sin that is a problem to forgiveness and the number of people that commit this sin is miniscule.

Otherwise, every other sin can be forgiven.

1 John 1:9.

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

The real problem with what you have written is that it is from a human perspective. We know that human beings are not fair and just, but that God is HOLY and can only be fair, just and righteous.

If you look at it from the perspective of what God is doing and what God does (Him being Holy) you will see that God's part in this is much more powerful and that He cannot lie, so when God does something, it is not open to error.

That changes everything.

What sins does that scripture say are forgiven? Does it say those deliberately committed by one who has been given the knowledge of the truth?

If that scripture is saying all future sins are forgiven, then scripture is contradicting Jesus.

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
What sins does that scripture say are forgiven? Does it say those deliberately committed by one who has been given the knowledge of the truth?

If that scripture is saying all future sins are forgiven, then scripture is contradicting Jesus.

It is saying any sin.

I covered blashpemy of the spirit in my last post. Please re-read.

We do not need to keep covering the same thing over and over when it has been replied to.

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

This telling the Hebrew people that they are not still under the law and the sacrifices made temporarily atone for sin under the law. It is specifically talking about 'sacrifice' and the Law of Moses.

Notice that this book is being written to the 'Hebrews'. It helps to understand who the writer is writing to when trying to find the context of scripture.

Upvote 0

Johnlove1

Aug 5, 2015
✟598.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
It is saying any sin.

I covered blashpemy of the spirit in my last post. Please re-read.

We do not need to keep covering the same thing over and over when it has been replied to.
Well any deliberate sin committed by a Child of God is blaspheming the Holy Spirit, and can’t be forgiven.

A Child of God has been given the knowledge of the truth.

If someone who has been baptized in Jesus name, and still sins, then the best that can be said for such a person is they are an infant in Christ.

(1 Corinthians 3:1-3) “Brothers, I myself was unable to speak to you as people of the Spirit; I treated you as sensual men, still infants in Christ. What I fed you with was milk, not solid food, for you were not ready for it; and indeed, you are still not ready for it since you are still unspiritual. Isn’t that obvious from all the jealousy and wrangling that there is among you, from the way that you go on behaving like ordinary people?”

Jesus told us that those who don’t live God’s Word faithfully will be judged by the Word on the last day.

Do you believe one can sin and be living God’s Word faithfully?

(John 12:47-48) “If anyone hears my words and does not keep them faithfully, it is not I who shall condemn him, since I have come not to condemn the world, but to save the world: he who rejects me and refuses my words has his judge already: the word itself that I have spoken will be his judge on the last day.”

(Hebrews 10:26-31) “If, after we have been givenThere is left only the dreadful prospect of judgment and of the fiery wrath that is to devour your enemies. Anyone who disregards the Law of Moses is ruthlessly put to death on the word of two witnesses or three; and you may be sure that anyone who tramples on the Son of God, and who treats the blood of the covenant which sanctified him as if it were not holy, and who insults the Spirit of grace, will be condemned to a far severer punishment. We are all aware who it was that said: Vengeance is mine; I will vindicate his people. It is a dreadful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.”

Upvote 0

Johnlove1

Aug 5, 2015
✟598.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
This telling the Hebrew people that they are not still under the law and the sacrifices made temporarily atone for sin under the law. It is specifically talking about 'sacrifice' and the Law of Moses.

Notice that this book is being written to the 'Hebrews'. It helps to understand who the writer is writing to when trying to find the context of scripture.

Hebrews was speaking to Christians. Only a Christian has been given the knowledge of the truth.

And one has to have the Holy Spirit to be able to insult the Holy Spirit. A non-Christian does not know the Holy Spirit.

Upvote 0