Discussion Have you been given the Holy Spirit?

Johnlove1

Aug 5, 2015
✟598.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
This is not true in the case of the apostles (except for Paul), because Jesus said if you know me than you know my Father also, for I and my Father are One. The apostles knew Jesus well, they did not understand all, but Jesus knew that and told them that they would not understand all the mysteries of God, but they had come to know God.
I did not write that scripture, so who are you to say Jesus did not say that to them?

Jesus said this to the apostles as he was leaving them.

(John 16:13) “But when the Spirit of truth comes he will lead you to the complete truth, since he will not be speaking as from himself but will say only what he has learnt; and he will tell you of the things to come.”

After three years of Jesus teaching them, they did not yet come to the complete truth.

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I did not write that scripture, so who are you to say Jesus did not say that to them?

(John 16:13) “But when the Spirit of truth comes he will lead you to the complete truth, since he will not be speaking as from himself but will say only what he has learnt; and he will tell you of the things to come.”

After three years of Jesus teaching them, they did not yet come to the complete truth.

The Word contains very little about the mysteries of heaven, but equips us to live our lives for Christ on this earth.

I believe that there is a lot we do not know about God. Even God says that one day, ALL WILL be revealed and nothing will be hidden.

The Spirit of truth is to guide us in living our lives on this earth. After we die, we will receive new bodies and our full inheritance in Christ. Jesus shared things with Mary that He did not share with the others because they did not understand such things. Remember, the others were jealous?

It is not good to make so many assumptions and lock down hard on to your own understanding, because the Holy Spirit reveals more over time. You are limiting your learning by not being open to the Holy Spirit's teaching and greater understanding.

Think about these things.

Why would the Holy Spirit be given to indwell in us, if we did not sin and were in need of correction and greater understanding?

If we do not sin, than why is not the world a better place with Christians in their perfect state in the headlines?

It doesn't make sense the way that you believe. Why did Jesus say that He would never leave us or forsake us?

Why would we need Jesus all the time if we did not sin?

Why would Jesus talk about forgiveness? Tell us that He will cleanse us from all unrighteousness?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Johnlove1

Aug 5, 2015
✟598.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
The Word contains very little about the mysteries of heaven, but equips us to live our lives for Christ on this earth.

I believe that there is a lot we do not know about God. Even God says that one day, ALL WILL be revealed and nothing will be hidden.

The Spirit of truth is to guide us in living our lives on this earth. After we die, we will receive new bodies and our full inheritance in Christ. Jesus shared things with Mary that He did not share with the others because they did not understand such things. Remember, the others were jealous?

It is not good to make so many assumptions and lock down hard on to your own understanding, because the Holy Spirit reveals more over time. You are limiting your learning by not being open to the Holy Spirit's teaching and greater understanding.

Think about these things.

Why would the Holy Spirit be given to indwell in us, if we did not sin and were in need of correction and greater understanding?

If we do not sin, than why is not the world a better place with Christians in their perfect state in the headlines?

It doesn't make sense the way that you believe. Why did Jesus say that He would never leave us or forsake us?

Why would we need Jesus all the time if we did not sin?

Why would Jesus talk about forgiveness? Tell us that He will cleanse us from all unrighteousness?
Paul told us that one can only come to know God if God is one’s teacher.

(1 Corinthians 2:10-13) “These are the very things that God has revealed to us through the Spirit, for the Spirit reaches the depts. Of everything, even the depths of God. After all, the depths of a man can only be known by his own spirit, not by any other man, and in the same way the depths of God can only be known by the Spirit of God.”

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

Will you "own" your own words. Really.

You said that one cannot have the Holy Spirit unless an apostle lays hands over them.

Impossible.

So, in YOUR OWN WORDS, YOU DO NOT have the Holy Spirit, according to your own doctrine. :eek:

Seems to me to be the case. First thing that you said that I agree with.

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Paul told us that one can only come to know God if God is one’s teacher.

(1 Corinthians 2:10-13) “These are the very things that God has revealed to us through the Spirit, for the Spirit reaches the depts. Of everything, even the depths of God. After all, the depths of a man can only be known by his own spirit, not by any other man, and in the same way the depths of God can only be known by the Spirit of God.”

Why are you constantly judging other men. Your verse says that no man knows another man. Bad theology. Your own verses show your errors.

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Who is doing the judging?

What am I judging. Your the one who is saying that 99.9% of Christians, the one's who still sin are of the devil and do not have the Holy Spirit. That's more judging than I have ever done, combined over my lifetime.

Did you read the verse you posted? Only a man's spirit can testify of their spiritual status. You are judging who goes to heaven/hell. That's my question. The verses say you do not know. That is God's call.

Reactions: Rajni
Upvote 0

Johnlove1

Aug 5, 2015
✟598.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
What am I judging. Your the one who is saying that 99.9% of Christians, the one's who still sin are of the devil and do not have the Holy Spirit. That's more judging than I have ever done, combined over my lifetime.

Did you read the verse you posted? Only a man's spirit can testify of their spiritual status. You are judging who goes to heaven/hell. That's my question. The verses say you do not know. That is God's call.
Good-bye!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Johnlove1

Aug 5, 2015
✟598.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Yup,I am holy spirit filled and so happy about it.
Yes one know he or she has been given the Holy Spirit, when they see that they are keeping God’s Commandments.

(Galatians 5:16)“Let me put it like this if you are guided by the Spirit you will be in no danger of yielding to self-indulgence....”.

(Romans 8: 4) “He did this in order that the law’s just demands might be satisfied in us, who behave not as our unspiritual nature but as the Spirit dictates.”

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,156.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Jesus' written Words will never, ever contradict His written Word.

Scripture is the Divine utterance of God.

The Catholic church did not exist until the time of Constantine - the entity carries no great power.

Upvote 0

Johnlove1

Aug 5, 2015
✟598.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Jesus' written Words will never, ever contradict His written Word.

Scripture is the Divine utterance of God.

The Catholic church did not exist until the time of Constantine - the entity carries no great power.
You must expect people to guess as to what you are talking about in your post.

As to your statement about the written Word of God, Jesus personally told me that the Christian Bible is God’s written Word.

Nowhere does it say the bible is the Divine utterance of God.

(1 John 2: 27) “But you have not lost the anointing that he gave you, and you do not need anyone to teach you; the anointing he gave teaches you everything: you are anointed with truth, not with a lie, and as it has taught you, so you must stay in him.”

No one can come to know God by reading the bible. The bible tells us that.

(1 Corinthians 2:10-16) “These are the very things that God has revealed to us through the Spirit, for the Spirit reaches the depts. Of everything, even the depths of God. After all, the depths of a man can only be known by his own spirit, not by any other man, and in the same way the depths of God can only be known by the Spirit of God.---------“

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,156.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Nowhere does it say the bible is the Divine utterance of God.

Jesus personally told me so. Do you think you are the only one who He speaks to.

Reactions: ToBeLoved
Upvote 0

Johnlove1

Aug 5, 2015
✟598.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Jesus personally told me so. Do you think you are the only one who He speaks to.

(John 10:1-5)"I tell you the truth, the man who does not enter the sheep pen by the gate, but climbs in by some other way, is a thief and a robber. The man who enters by the gate is the shepherd of his sheep. The watchman opens the gate for him, and the sheep listen to his voice. He calls his own sheep by name and leads them out. When he has brought out all his own, he goes on ahead of them, and his sheep follow him because they know his voice. But they will never follow a stranger; in fact, they will run away from him because they do not recognize a stranger's voice."

Jesus said he would call his own out by name, and they would recognize his voice.

All his people will hear Jesus speak to them.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Johnlove1

Aug 5, 2015
✟598.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
And that is why the Bible is Divine utterance.

Glad you see that.
There would be no need for the written Word of God if all people would listen to the Holy Spirit.

(1 John 2: 27) “But you have not lost the anointing that he gave you, and you do not need anyone to teach you; the anointing he gave teaches you everything: you are anointed with truth, not with a lie, and as it has taught you, so you must stay in him.”

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,156.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There would be no need for the written Word of God if all people would listen to the Holy Spirit.

That's not what Jesus told me. he personally said the written Word is Gods Divine utterance and is witness to what the Holy Spirit has, is and will speak.

Out of the mouths of two or three witnesses every word is established. Both carry the message of God.

That's not my words but Jesus.

Upvote 0

Johnlove1

Aug 5, 2015
✟598.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
That's not what Jesus told me. he personally said the written Word is Gods Divine utterance and is witness to what the Holy Spirit has, is and will speak.

Out of the mouths of two or three witnesses every word is established. Both carry the message of God.

That's not my words but Jesus.
That is great you should means be guided by what Jesus tells you.

Upvote 0

sunshineforJesus

is so in love with God
Feb 19, 2014
Sterling Ct
✟716,814.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Yes one know he or she has been given the Holy Spirit, when they see that they are keeping God’s Commandments.

(Galatians 5:16)“Let me put it like this if you are guided by the Spirit you will be in no danger of yielding to self-indulgence....”.

(Romans 8: 4) “He did this in order that the law’s just demands might be satisfied in us, who behave not as our unspiritual nature but as the Spirit dictates.”

Amen!

Upvote 0