Status
Not open for further replies.

FoundInGrace

God's sparrow
Dec 27, 2003
✟38,472.00
Faith
Christian
Don't you just love the brothers and sisters that go to God trusting time after time after time, and go to His word for answers and continually go to God with everything and take Him at His word!

Faith is it, Trust maybe I dunno but I love people like that, one of them is in my life currently and I love the way she does that, it's so inspiring to believe and trust in our Father in Heaven!!!!

Thank God for people like that!

Optimax

Senior Veteran
May 7, 2006
New Mexico
✟41,659.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Don't you just love the brothers and sisters that go to God trusting time after time after time, and go to His word for answers and continually go to God with everything and take Him at His word!

Faith is it, Trust maybe I dunno but I love people like that, one of them is in my life currently and I love the way she does that, it's so inspiring to believe and trust in our Father in Heaven!!!!

Thank God for people like that!

Actually I love all my brothers and sisters in Christ.;)

I understand what you are saying though and yes it inspires and encourages whoever is around people that do this.:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

BillynJennifer

Veteran
Sep 16, 2005
KY
✟9,613.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Although, I do love the faithful. They are the oil in this great spiritual engine called life that keeps things going.

Then, my being from a small town in KY, I've stood by and watched many children pass by because the parents "trusted" God, without hearing God say, "Take my child to the place where he can receive care".

I end this, though, by saying "I believe Lord, but help my un-belief!"

Upvote 0

Floatingaxe

Apr 14, 2007
Ontario, Canada
✟22,726.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Such believers as that, I hold close, and pray for, and seek out. They are those who memorize the Word, and have it ready at hand whenever an encouraging word is needed. These are the wise ones, and those whom God promotes--leaders. These are those whose Bibles are never far from them and are tattered and worn. I have a few such believers in my life and I cherish them.

I thank You, Lord God, for blessing my life with these faithful ones! Cause me be like them, Father--how I desire it!

Upvote 0

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
reminds me of two passages...
Matthew 6:33
But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

and

Psalms 91:2
I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.

your friend sounds like a very wise person.:)

Upvote 0

gratefulgrace

Contributor
Jul 26, 2006
British Columbia
✟32,492.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I have a sister in Christ who had this super faith to believe God to heal her kidney. She has a lesion and could not know what it was unless the kidney was removed. She believed God that He could heal her # 1 and # 2 that she would not have to lose her kidney in the process. Being from a medical back ground i fretted while she waited for second opinions etc etc. I figured just get it out you can function with one kidney you know. However, it turns out that her faith and trust in her Heavenly Father was rewarded and she did get her desire and guess what the tumor (yes it was malignant) had actually shrunk and the surgeon was able to get every spec of it. She still has both kidneys is doing fine and needed no follow up chemo or radiation. Jan

Upvote 0

geetrue

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 16, 2006
Beach House
Visit site
✟73,776.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Faith is a gift ... men and women of faith have exercised their faith in Christ Jesus as their Lord and saviour ever since the cross, but real men and women of faith have had their ups and downs with God even to the point of arguing that they are standing on the Word of God.

The first place to start is to simply believe in the scripture that the Word of God does not come back to Him void. That doesn't mean you can automactically have what so ever you ask for. I remember as a baby Christian asking for God to make Bob Seger a Christian and then I proceeded to tell Him why. because Bob Seger could bring thousands to know the Lord in one place at one time.

Three days later the Lord let me know, in that special way that only the Lord can let you know, that basically I had told the Lord what to do and that He didn't need my advice or my counsel. lol

I never forgot it and have adjusted many prayers so that I don't repeat that mistake of telling God what to do.

Show me a beat up person and I will show you a real prayer warrior:

Psalms 119:

50 This is my comfort in my affliction,
For Your word has given me life.

67 Before I was afflicted I went astray,
But now I keep Your word.

107 I am afflicted very much;
Revive me, O Lord, according to Your word.

Upvote 0
C

Cassidy

Well I had a friend like that...I called her the "Praise the Lord anyway" girl. Because that's what she did. No matter what went on in her life, she praise him anyway. She would run out of money for the week...she'd sigh and say "Praise the Lord anyway". You'd come to her with a problem and she'd give you encouragment with all her praising the Lord. She was fantastic!!!

I had walked away from fellowship for a while and she was the one who brought me back (through Christ of course)....she helped me bring down my defences and my aprehensive attitude towards church and opened me to a whole new world of faith, praise and worship....that I had never seen.

People like that are shining beacons of hope and I pray that I'm just like that everyday, I just want to be light for people to see in the darkness...I want them to see Christ in me, like I saw in her and to be led back to land like a lighthouse!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.