Have I committed apostasy? Am I going to hell? Please help!!!!!!

Sep 7, 2014
✟7,750.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Well, my heart is pounding at about a million miles an hour right now, almost out of my chest. Here's the thing, I kind of had a falling out with some friends about 4 years ago or so. Was told to let go of the grudge I was holding onto, but I didn't. I kept it, and then all of Satan's little lies kept creeping in, and I kind of not stopped believing, but started falling away. I truly feel like the Holy Spirit has been convicting me to repent and come back to follow God. Well I am, I have repented, and now I found this out. But this is freaking me out! I have repented, let go of the grudge, etc and I'm getting chills and goosebumps sometimes when I talk to God recently, but I'm freaking out really bad and I need answers. I fell away, and kind of fell back into my old ways. I have repented for everything, please help!

jbearnolimits

Pastor
Mar 13, 2014
Mobile, AL
Visit site
✟16,256.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, my heart is pounding at about a million miles an hour right now, almost out of my chest. Here's the thing, I kind of had a falling out with some friends about 4 years ago or so. Was told to let go of the grudge I was holding onto, but I didn't. I kept it, and then all of Satan's little lies kept creeping in, and I kind of not stopped believing, but started falling away. I truly feel like the Holy Spirit has been convicting me to repent and come back to follow God. Well I am, I have repented, and now I found this out. But this is freaking me out! I have repented, let go of the grudge, etc and I'm getting chills and goosebumps sometimes when I talk to God recently, but I'm freaking out really bad and I need answers. I fell away, and kind of fell back into my old ways. I have repented for everything, please help!

First I want to say... quiet your heart. After that I think you should know that ALL manor of sin will be forgiven. The word of God has said that if we confess our sins He is faithful and just to forgive us. Your job is to trust that what God said is true and follow His words.

Those words include God letting us know that we have need of repentance (which you said you have done), forgiveness, and continuing in the faith. If He said that He would forgive once you repent and trust in the work Jesus has done then you only have to repent and believe. After that just continue.

Upvote 0