Has true faith been completely replaced by 'fantasy'?

Imagican

old dude
Jan 14, 2006
Orlando, Florida
✟45,021.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So often I encounter those who's faith seems more like fantasy than 'true faith'.

The Bible doesn't teach us to merely have 'faith'. It teaches us to have ''faith in the truth''.

So if one's faith isn't based on 'truth', then it can nothing other than 'fantasy'. Fantasy of their own design or designed by someone else.

And isn't that what 'most religion' is? A particular person comes up with their 'own fantasy', (interpretation of the Bible or their own ideas formed from 'outside' of the Bible), and then convince others to follow the 'same fantasy'?

That would probably explain why the 'word religion' is only in the Bible five times and four of the uses of the term are in response to people following 'false' beliefs.

So that begs the question: Does God really want us to follow 'fantasies' and call them 'faith'? And what possible benefit could we obtain by calling our fantasies 'faith'?

The Bible tells us that we 'must' serve God in 'spirit and truth'. How are we to accomplish this if we fail to learn the 'truth'? If all we 'learn' are what 'other men' tell us to believe, (the churches), and we 'never even question' it's validity, what could lead 'anyone' to believe that they follow in 'truth'?

Shouldn't that lead each and every one of us to question any and everything that someone in a 'church' would attempt to teach us? For the Bible warns us that there are many out there that would 'make merchandise of us' if we allow them to. So isn't it 'our' responsibility to 'seek' the truth rather than simply accepting 'anything' that a 'church' would attempt to teach us?

No different than those that simply accept whatever the government 'tells them' without seeking out the 'truth'. It would only take a couple of generations of such irresponsibility and the government is capable of leading us completely down an imaginary path to destruction instead of prosperity. Everybody 'knows' this, yet refuse to apply the same concept to their 'religion'. They simply 'accept' what they are 'taught' and rarely if ever even question whether it's the truth or not.

Having studied many 'religions', I find everyone of them to be based more on what 'men' have 'created' than what we are offered in the Bible.

But I can assure you that 'if' I had 'bought in' to a particular 'church' or 'denomination' FIRST, it would be almost impossible to see it any other way than the manner in which it was 'introduced' to me. For 'who', once deciding upon a 'faith', wants to question whether their faith is valid or not? How many are willing to admit that what they 'believe' is 'false'?

I have heard many when being informed of facts concerning their spouses or family members 'state': I don't want to hear that. And they 'don't. They would rather live with their 'beliefs' that are utterly contrary to the 'truth'.

Is it any different with the 'faith' of most that have been 'duped' into a false sense of faith that more fantasy than 'truth'?

Blessings,

MEC

Job8

Dec 1, 2014
✟21,583.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The truth ain't popular, just ask Jesus.
You could take that a step further. The truth is HATED, and those who speak the truth are hated. Let's not forget that the Father of Lies is also the god of this world.

How in the world can a pathological liar like Clinton have about half the population supporting her (and perhaps that in itself is a blatant lie). And chances are she will steal this election through all kinds of fraud. Where are the people's representatives who should be addressing this?

Coming back to religions, other than Bible Christianity, they are all based on lies, fantasies, and deceptions. Since Christ Himself is the Truth, only the true Gospel and Bible Truth can be accepted as truth.

Reactions: ml5363
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So often I encounter those who's faith seems more like fantasy than 'true faith'.

The Bible doesn't teach us to merely have 'faith'. It teaches us to have ''faith in the truth''.

So if one's faith isn't based on 'truth', then it can nothing other than 'fantasy'. Fantasy of their own design or designed by someone else.

And isn't that what 'most religion' is? A particular person comes up with their 'own fantasy', (interpretation of the Bible or their own ideas formed from 'outside' of the Bible), and then convince others to follow the 'same fantasy'?

That would probably explain why the 'word religion' is only in the Bible five times and four of the uses of the term are in response to people following 'false' beliefs.

So that begs the question: Does God really want us to follow 'fantasies' and call them 'faith'? And what possible benefit could we obtain by calling our fantasies 'faith'?

The Bible tells us that we 'must' serve God in 'spirit and truth'. How are we to accomplish this if we fail to learn the 'truth'? If all we 'learn' are what 'other men' tell us to believe, (the churches), and we 'never even question' it's validity, what could lead 'anyone' to believe that they follow in 'truth'?

Shouldn't that lead each and every one of us to question any and everything that someone in a 'church' would attempt to teach us? For the Bible warns us that there are many out there that would 'make merchandise of us' if we allow them to. So isn't it 'our' responsibility to 'seek' the truth rather than simply accepting 'anything' that a 'church' would attempt to teach us?

No different than those that simply accept whatever the government 'tells them' without seeking out the 'truth'. It would only take a couple of generations of such irresponsibility and the government is capable of leading us completely down an imaginary path to destruction instead of prosperity. Everybody 'knows' this, yet refuse to apply the same concept to their 'religion'. They simply 'accept' what they are 'taught' and rarely if ever even question whether it's the truth or not.

Having studied many 'religions', I find everyone of them to be based more on what 'men' have 'created' than what we are offered in the Bible.

But I can assure you that 'if' I had 'bought in' to a particular 'church' or 'denomination' FIRST, it would be almost impossible to see it any other way than the manner in which it was 'introduced' to me. For 'who', once deciding upon a 'faith', wants to question whether their faith is valid or not? How many are willing to admit that what they 'believe' is 'false'?

I have heard many when being informed of facts concerning their spouses or family members 'state': I don't want to hear that. And they 'don't. They would rather live with their 'beliefs' that are utterly contrary to the 'truth'.

Is it any different with the 'faith' of most that have been 'duped' into a false sense of faith that more fantasy than 'truth'?

Blessings,

MEC

I have no idea what your going on about.
I what what concerns you and how the
beliefs of others got in your underwear.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I have yet to encounter 'any church' that does not dwell on fantasy rather than 'truth'. They teach ideas of men rather than what we have been offered in the Bible. Some much more than others, but I have witnessed 'all' participating in the 'practice' to one degree or another.

Occasionally a sermon will wander outside of scripture,
but they usually refer back to it at some point.
I stay away from most sermons and stick to
bible classes.

So, what specifically about what they teach, concerns you?
And why does it concern you?

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

We don't yet know how you've defined true faith.
Mine is tied to answered prayer. Most clergy
are not familiar with that topic.

Upvote 0

Geralt

Unsurpassed Сasual Dating - Verified Women
Site Supporter
Apr 9, 2016
GB
Visit site
✟67,802.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
people-centered, or system-centered authority is more prone to creating "fantasies" (they would now tag this as "tradition") as compared to those who simply adhere to scripture as the sole authority that qualifies all others.

as long there is this loophole of other recognized authority apart from scripture, the evil in men's hearts will always make its own lies.​

Blessings,

MEC

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Alwaze Early

Aug 31, 2016
Jackson, ms
✟7,631.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Blessings,

MEC

For starts "true faith" is not based on fantasy. It is based upon the Word of God. Faith can't really be talked (if you know what I mean); faith can only be walked. True faith yields results in accordance with what the Word says it will do. Truth is many people don't know what the Word of God says about most issues. Faith is saying, believing and doing what the Word says. You can call those things that "be not' as though they are. It surpasses our natural thinking and reasoning. With the exception of being born again, faith always requires some action from us. We must learn to hear and follow the voice of God. We will always get results. I am a living witness.

Upvote 0

redblue22

You Are Special.
Jan 13, 2012
✟73,841.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I want to have faith in the truth. Here I've been trusting God Jesus, believing he took hell for me, heaven is a gift, and trusting God Spirit living inside me. But maybe there is something else? I'm willing to listen and question.

In my attempt to learn, I wonder about some things. In your great love and truth, I'm sure you'll be willing to help.

1. how do you know that your beliefs are truth and not fantasy?
2. What does it mean to have "faith in truth"?
3. you say we should question whether our beliefs are truth, can I assume you do the same thing?
4. you said not to listen to what others tell us to believe. why do you want others to listen to you then?
5. you asked how do we know which god we are praying to. How do you know who you pray to?

Upvote 0

Alwaze Early

Aug 31, 2016
Jackson, ms
✟7,631.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
While that is a 'separate issue', nothing wrong with pointing out the difference between 'true faith' and 'false faith'. So many have been 'taught' that all they are required to 'do' is 'say' that they believe. Yet the Bible instructs us through the very words of Christ our Savior that it is 'not' a matter of those who 'say' things, but those that "DO" things. Faith without 'works' is 'dead'.

But I appreciate that you recognize that it is 'not' through what 'churches' teach, but what the Bible offers that determines 'truth'. The 'word of God' is what we have been 'given' in order to 'know' the truth.

But what happens if we do not 'study' God's word in order to 'understand it'? We are left with 'guessing' and 'guessing' isn't 'faith', it is merely 'belief' and we are capable of 'believing' just about 'anything'. There are people right now out in the woods looking for Bigfoot. People looking to the skies for 'aliens' and other insisting that they saw a 'ghost' last night.

The Bible 'can' be understood. If not, it wouldn't exist. But we cannot understand it without actually 'reading it'. And if we leave it up to 'other men' to 'tell us' what it says, we have no way to assure that what they 'say' is the 'truth' if we do not 'read it' ourselves.

And if we 'read it' to the point that we begin to understand it, the 'fantasy of others' will have little capacity to lead us to follow 'their fantasies'.

Blessings,

MEC

Imagican, I believe that we are saying the same thing. Note that I pointed out that some action is always required of us to obtain the promises of God. Of course, the first thing is knowing what the promise is which requires us to study and reliance upon the Holy Spirit for those things which are not black and white. Of course what I meant by the "saying" is that we can not say something other than what the Word says to obtain the promise.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hieronymus

Jan 12, 2016
the Hague NL
✟69,862.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
@Hieronymus

What makes you think it is reasonable?

Is that true for you? Maybe my truth is more true. I was reading my astrology and at the end it said that it was true.
THE truth is THE truth.
And even if we don't know it too well or have different views on it, the truth is the truth and it is the only thing that is totally trustworthy.

Upvote 0

Alwaze Early

Aug 31, 2016
Jackson, ms
✟7,631.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
@Hieronymus

What makes you think it is reasonable?

Is that true for you? Maybe my truth is more true. I was reading my astrology and at the end it said that it was true.
Redblue22 my statement is based upon the assumption that I am speaking to "Christians" (christian forum) who are by definition "followers of Christ." Your belief may be different because your foundation is different.

Upvote 0

redblue22

You Are Special.
Jan 13, 2012
✟73,841.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
THE truth is THE truth.
And even if we don't know it too well or have different views on it, the truth is the truth and it is the only thing that is totally trustworthy.

The truth is the truth and the truth is trustworthy. You hold that belief pretty tight.

Redblue22 my statement is based upon the assumption that I am speaking to "Christians" (christian forum) who are by definition "followers of Christ." Your belief may be different because your foundation is different.

It sounds like you are saying that I am not a follower of Christ. Which of my beliefs is too different? I don't know which case you are resting. I'm not arguing for anything. Perhaps you could read my other post and not the one to Hieronymus.

Upvote 0