1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting after you have posted 20 posts and have received 5 likes.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2. Faith Options in Your User Profile
    Please click on the following regarding this important notice in Announcements:

Faith Options in Your User Profile.

Has God left us?

Discussion in 'Christian Advice' started by Lucis, Mar 21, 2010.

1. Lucis

Lucis Lost soul

Marital Status:
    Single
    Politics:
    UK-Liberal-Democrats
    Faith:
    Christian-Seeker
    The bible talks about that in the end of days people will fall from the faith. Maybe God has left us, so everyone will fall, and then the new world will come? All I can see everywhere is people feeling bad, and those that have something good to tell don't differ from those that have no faith at all.

2. miss-a

miss-a Newbie

Marital Status:
    Single
    Faith:
    Non-Denominational
    No, God has not left us. All those things you see, Jesus predicted. Many evil things are taking place, people are falling away from the Lord, and many who could and should help are not.....BUT....if you truly look around you will see the true body of Christ reaching out to people, praying, giving, going out into all the world to meet physical needs and preach the gospel to meet spiritual needs. If your church is not helping meet needs, it might be time to look for a new one because they are out there. Please pray and ask God to show you how you can be part of a body of believers who are doing the Lord's work. I will pray this for you, too.

3. Lucis

Lucis Lost soul

Marital Status:
    Single
    Politics:
    UK-Liberal-Democrats
    Faith:
    Christian-Seeker
  4. childofmercy

childofmercy Guest

miss-a is absolutely correct :)

Deuteronomy 31:6,8

Be strong and of good courage, fear not, nor be afraid of them: for the Lord thy God, he it is that doth go with thee; he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee.

And the Lord, he it is that doth go before thee; he will be with thee, he will not fail thee, neither forsake thee: fear not, neither be dismayed.

5. Jpark

Jpark Contributor

Marital Status:
    Private
    Faith:
    Christian
    Never mind.

Last edited: May 4, 2010
  6. andylee290

andylee290 Newbie

Marital Status:
    Single
    Faith:
    Christian
    Regarding some of the problems of the end times, the Bible mentions this:

"Now the Spirit clearly says that in later times some will abandon the faith and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons. Such teachings come through hypocritical liars, whose consciences have been seared as with a hot iron."

I also wanted to put some more rebukes: "Mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days. People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with them. They are the kind who worm their way into homes and gain control over weak-willed women, who are loaded down with sins and are swayed by all kinds of evil desires, always learning but never able to acknowledge the truth. Just as Jannes and Jambres opposed Moses, so also these men oppose the truth, men of depraved minds, who as far as the faith is concerned, are rejected. But these men will not get very far, for as in the case of those men, their folly will be clear to everyone."

It also mentions rebellious people. "For there are many rebellious people, mere talkers and deceivers, especially those of the circumcision group. They must be silenced, because they are ruining whole households by teaching things they ought not to teach, and that for the sake of dishonest gain. Even one of their own prophets said, 'Cretans are always liars, evil brutes, lazy gluttons.' This testimony is true. Therefore, rebuke them sharply, so that they will be sound in the faith and pay no attention to Jewish myths or to the commands of those who reject the truth. To the pure, all things are pure, but to those who are corrupt and do not believe, nothing is pure. In fact, both their minds and their consciences are corrupted. They claim to know God but by their actions they deny him. They are detestable, disobedient, and unfit for doing anything good."

7. childofGod31

childofGod31 Regular Member

Marital Status:
    Married
    Politics:
    US-Others
    Faith:
    Christian

No, He didn't leave. But He is still waiting outside of our heart doors. He is waiting until we open and He comes in and changes us from the inside out.

Rev 3:20 Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with me.

This is not written to unbelievers, but to the churches. The people of the churches are not letting Him in. They do it with words, but they don't let Him in by action. And that's what's more important: to surrender to Him by action, and then He comes in and takes over and changes you into a new creation.

But the time is running out. He won't be knocking for much longer...
    As I wrote about it in detail here:

http://www.christianforums.com/t7447320/

8. Chris_G

Chris_G New Member

Marital Status:
    Married
    Faith:
    Non-Denominational
    I just read in 2 Thessalonians, that there must be a falling away, then the Antichrist would be revealed. Some refer to this "falling away" as the rapture of the church, because when the true Christians are taken out, only the apostates will remain, and hence it will be like a falling away. Others see this "falling away" as when many will be decieved and follow a new world religion led by the Antichrist.

9. miss-a

miss-a Newbie

Marital Status:
    Single
    Faith:
    Non-Denominational
    Lucis,

I hope you will watch this. It clearly depicts the lengths to which some Christians are allowing themselves to be used by Jesus as His hands and feet. It is only about 20 minutes long. Please watch: LifeToday Video

10. toolite

toolite New Member

Marital Status:
    Single
    Faith:
    Christian
    The word says that He will never leave you or forsake you.. God doesn't leave you - you choose a different route but, God is always there waiting for you. Stay Blessed!

All The Glory Belongs To God Forever!

11. sbbqb7n16

sbbqb7n16 Veteran - Blue Bible Dude

Marital Status:
    Single
    Faith:
    Christian
    ...and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.

Matthew 28:20b