Has anyone read the "Left Behind" series? (moved)

One day at a time

Always in a state of change.....
Apr 26, 2009
sitting in my recliner--I'm sure!
✟73,355.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I've read them all--but that was years ago. You just are going to have to realize that they are books and they are something that we can't truly know 100%. But they do give you an idea of what it may be like and I thought they were interesting!

Upvote 0

wonderwaleye

Dec 23, 2005
MISSISSIPPI
✟5,952.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am about 220 pages into the first book of this series. I am just looking for any Christians who have read this and what your opinions are. Thanks!

Only one opinion:

2 Timothy 4:

3-4 "For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables."

FABLES DEFINITION

A fictitious narrative or statement: as a: a legendary story of supernatural happenings b: a narration intended to enforce a useful truth.

Why waste time when you can use that same time and learn the TRUTH:

ONCE YOU KNOW THE TRUTH, THE TRUTH WILL SET YOU FREE

So says GOD'S WORD

LOVE

steven :hug:

Upvote 0

FG21

Jan 15, 2009
Gig Harbor WA
✟8,764.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I am about 220 pages into the first book of this series. I am just looking for any Christians who have read this and what your opinions are. Thanks!

I have read the entire series. I first read a few of them back in 2005? Maybe 2004? I did read all of them last year. They played a role in me coming to Christ. Even though I had heard about God, the Bible, etc, those books helped me with understanding Jesus. My Savior.

I love the entire series. I can share...I can send you most of them! I have to check as I lend out books a lot. Just don't give them back LOL!! I have wayyyy too many books! I firmly believe in sharing.

May I also say that I believe in the Word of God. I believe the Bible is here from our God to teach us. I also have to say I literally believe the Bible.

Now. Fiction is fiction. I think the Left Behind series is fiction. Lotta God! But fiction. Some good reading!

I'm beating around the bush but I directly disagree with Waleye. I think that bastardizing that series is wrong. It is a fiction series. Based on our God. Can you get any better? It's the only fiction I need!

God Bless!

Read whatever stirs you. More times than not it's the Holy Spirit stirring! I actually do have most of the series if you like. You can PM me with your address.

Upvote 0
May 1, 2009
Visit site
✟15,128.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I too have read the books and they are very entertaining. They should be left in that category of entertainment however but the unfortunate fact is that people have read them and take them as gospel and when they do that there is a great danger.

Too many people rely upon the word of men instead of the word of God and much of what people could come away with from these books would be incorrect as compared to what they would have come away with had they read the Bible instead.

Upvote 0

GaryP

Apr 28, 2009
✟8,966.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Private
No, I would not read them at all. Jesus brings Peace and Rest. These books are from
Creation and they bring fear. The term Left Behind, Is fear based, We come to Jesus
out of Love not Fear. I myself have left behind Revelations, as it is fear based as well
and it's all smack talk.

Upvote 0

rosenherman

Sparkly rainbow butterfly kitten
Aug 25, 2004
Right coast
✟12,972.00
Faith
Methodist
Politics
US-Republican
I read them, I loved them. They, like "The Davinci Code" are fiction and both are a ripping good read. I read them as they came out and I found myself wondering what was going to happen to the characters in the next book. For me that's a sign of a good book, when I get that absorbed in it.

Upvote 0

seashale76

Unapologetic Iconodule
Dec 29, 2004
✟171,309.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Married

I've read them. The books are poorly written and the particular theology that inspired them is a modern innovation (a.k.a. doctrine of man).

Upvote 0

mercyreigns

Zetlander
Apr 20, 2009
Shetland Islands, Scotland
✟7,944.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
I've read all but the last one or two and I liked them. I thought it was interesting to see how someone else thought the tribulation might play out, but it wont happen exactly as they say.
Some things we will only be able to look back on and say 'that was this'.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

desmalia

sounds like somebody's got a case of the mondays
Sep 29, 2006
Canada
Visit site
✟18,512.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I've read the whole series. Overall it is entertaining, but the theology is lacking, no question. Additionally, it's good to remember that the first book was written as a stand-alone book. The rest of the series only happened because the first one was so popular. So really the first book is, IMHO the best one. I recommend just reading that one and stopping there. Some of the other books are pretty good, but some really were not well done at all. And the final book was horrible. Not worth even picking up.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Elijah2

No weapons formed against me will prosper.
Aug 15, 2006
Australia
✟26,096.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
After reading all this stuff, I think many of you need to go to Google and punch in "Left Behind Deception", and you will find some interesting information.

Yes, who wants to read those books, because subconsciously they place doubt and confusion in ones mind. The "wiles of the enemy" are very simple, and that is how the "roaring lion" begins to devour.

Blessings.

Upvote 0

desmalia

sounds like somebody's got a case of the mondays
Sep 29, 2006
Canada
Visit site
✟18,512.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
No, I would not read them at all. Jesus brings Peace and Rest. These books are from
Creation and they bring fear. The term Left Behind, Is fear based, We come to Jesus
out of Love not Fear. I myself have left behind Revelations, as it is fear based as well
and it's all smack talk.
Are you saying you reject the book of Revelation?

Upvote 0

Nilla

No longer on staff
Apr 8, 2006
Sweden
✟56,683.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
newmodhat.jpg

Mod Hat On

Thread moved to The Book Club
from Christian Advice

Mod Hat Off

Upvote 0