Has anyone lost someone so dearly and thinks life had ended ?

patrick1234

Soulwinning
May 18, 2014
United States of America
✟15,116.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
I lost my wife and daughter and it was like the world has ending but it has not because there is a reasoning I was alive but when it all happened I thought my life was worthless but it was when I read the bible that I realized that I can still make someone happy out there and that my wife and daughter left to be in a better place. Let share our pain.

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
I feel broken...like the part of me that knows how to be happy just doesn't work anymore. Most people in my real life would never guess that I feel this way...I am not a gloomy gus and smile a lot and people comment about my smile...that is Jesus...but inside something died or just broke those many years ago.

Upvote 0

oceanmist

Aug 4, 2014
✟15,112.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
I lost my wife and daughter and it was like the world has ending but it has not because there is a reasoning I was alive but when it all happened I thought my life was worthless but it was when I read the bible that I realized that I can still make someone happy out there and that my wife and daughter left to be in a better place. Let share our pain.

Upvote 0

oceanmist

Aug 4, 2014
✟15,112.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
I am so sorry for your double loss, I know its so hard to live with. It does seem like our life is over and no reason to go on. But God has a reason for us to be here. I have yet to find out though.

I lost my husband almost 4 yrs ago and I still can not find my way to a happy life. It so lonely and no one understands or even acts like they care. We just have to put one foot in front of the other and keep moving.
Yes, you can make someone happy, keep looking, don't give up.
The pain is still with me after all these years. Prayers for better days ahead of us.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Aug 7, 2015
✟15,156.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
When I lost my wife, I lost a part of me. I was numb, I thought it was a nightmare that would never end. My mind would play such terrible tricks. I fell into depression for a few years. Memories were the worst, it's difficult to have a good memory when you have no one to share it with.

I was very successful but none of it mattered, I wanted to die, I wanted the pain to go away.

One day my pastor guided me to find the joy that was missing. It was during his sermon, he stated that if we were going through an emotionally difficult time that we should give it all away. At the time I remember thinking, "I'm depressed and if I give everything away (mistakenly thinking he wanted me to give all my finances away), how is being broke going to help?" I took his advice, I started spending time with different homeless ministries. Over the course of 6 months, I ended up donating all of my wealth to different organizations. Truth be told, the real reason for my giving wasn't anything noble, it was simply because I didn't care. I was still walking in a haze, a never ending nightmare but something happened that transformed my life. I gave away everything I had yet I was still alive, He still feed me, took care of me, did everything a loving parent would do. I felt so alone after losing my wife but eventually I found that I wasn't really alone at all. He was with me, always was and always will.

I don't know if my story will help but I hope it brings some peace to anyone who reads this, we are never alone, Christ is with us for eternity. Keep that in mind and the love and joy that only He can give will eventually rush back into your hearts. You have my love.

Upvote 0

NOTWHATIWAS

I take my stage direction from God.
Jun 27, 2016
Oregon, USA
✟20,309.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Single

Upvote 0