Has anyone ever had experience when they KNOW God answered a prayer?

Gentle Lamb

"Let there be sheep!"
Site Supporter
Jul 18, 2009
✟272,616.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, I know God answered my prayer a few months ago, there is no doubt about it. This happened a few months ago.

My daughter had a court date set for a custody trial of her 2 children. The father has failed miserably at being a dad for his 2 daughters (I had to call him at him at his work place to let him know that his second daughter was born - he places his job ahead of everything else.) They had divorced about 3 years before the trial. He was adamant that he receive custody, since he has a good job and lives in a small town with the best schools.

We were afraid that he might win. I prayed that the judge would have the wisdom of Solomon. The father wanted the girls, or even one of them, even if it meant that they be split up. The trial was long and pretty nasty, and the judge had never ruled on a child custody case before. He is an older judge almost ready for retirement.

During the trial, I had trouble hearing, and I have since been diagnosed with hearing loss. I will soon be wearing a new pair of hearing aids. But I could not hear a thing, as the judge spoke in a low monotone voice, during the trial. I kept asking my wife what he was saying. My wife kept saying shhh.... I finally gave up and just "twiddled my thumbs" and prayed during the rest of the trial. My wife later said that at one point when the possibility of splitting up the girls came up, my daughter said: "No, I want them to be together, no matter what the decision is."

I didn't hear this, but I kept on praying for the judge to be given the wisdom of Solomon. I had always been intrigued by the wisdom of Solomon ever since I had the story taught to me as a child in Sunday School. I told God that I believed the story and that if he was willing He could impart the same wisdom to the judge. I just kept praying that over and over. If the father won the custody, it would destroy our family, as our side of the family had done 90% of the caregiving and nurturing of the 2 girls (ages 3 and 5), and needless to say, we loved and adored our granddaughters - they were the happiness and joy of my wife and I, who are both retired, and we drive the 85 miles to be with them whenever we can.

Finally the decision of the judge was made and I was dying to find out what it was. We all went out into the hall, and I jumped with joy to find out that my daughter would have custody of the girls. Then I took my wife over to the corner and ask her for the details. I could hardly believe my ears! My wife, who had not been aware of my prayers, told me that the first thing out of the judge's mouth was "For some reason, I'm not sure why, I've had the Old Testament story of the two women who both claimed to be the mother of a child on my mind." Remember that they went to King Solomon to have the issue resolved, and Solomon knew what to do to find the true mother (you know the rest, I'm sure). Thank you Lord.

God is sooooooooooooooooooo good!!!! What an amazing story, brought tears to my eyes!

Thank you NASA321 for starting this thread, I hope it is building encouragement and trust in you in God's love, mercy, grace, and faithfulness!!!

Upvote 0

Winken

Heimat
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2010
✟168,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Share a testimony with your fellow brothers and sisters, Winken, we'd love to hear it :)

Thank you. It is a long list of events which can only be described as Spiritual intervention in a variety of prayerful situations, some quite simple, some quite moving. I'll leave it at that. Thanks again.

Reactions: Gentle Lamb
Upvote 0

Gentle Lamb

"Let there be sheep!"
Site Supporter
Jul 18, 2009
✟272,616.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thank you. It is a long list of events which can only be described as Spiritual intervention in a variety of prayerful situations, some quite simple, some quite moving. I'll leave it at that. Thanks again.

Amen and you are welcome, just more proof of God's goodness and faithfulness!!!

Upvote 0

TheDag

I don't like titles
Jan 8, 2005
✟28,794.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Has anyone ever had those times when they KNOW that God answered your prayer? I don't necessarily mean something dramatic like someone was addicted to drugs and asked God to reveal Himself to that person and saved that person. I mean just with everyday life. Maybe you prayed about a job and asked God if you should take the job or not. Or maybe you were interested in a girl or guy and you asked God if you should pursue that person or if you two should date. Have you ever had those times where you KNOW without a shred of doubt that God answered the prayer? I think a lot of times, people tend to say 'I THINK God answered it" or "I FEEL like God answered it" rather than "I KNOW God answered for these particular objective reasons."
In my final year of primary school (approx 11 years old) the day before the school athletic carnival I prayed the following prayer. "Dear Lord please make me come second in a race tomorrow. I say second because asking for first would be greedy. If I do then I won't care where I come in the final as I will be happy. Amen." The following day I came second in the heats and last in the final and I was happy.
Reasons.
I had never before finished a race in the placings.
Normally there were only three people I could always beat in a race.
It is the only time in my life I have beaten my twin brother in a race.
My brother would normally be in the finals but missed out that year.
The person who beat me was one of the people I could always beat! (great sense of humour our God!)

The bible says if we seek we will find and I firmly believe that the 11 year old boy was seeking God to find out if he was real or not.

Also one time at church the minister was speaking and said I really believe God is going to heal peoples knees today. I had the thought/voice (neither word is correct word to use) that said "I'm going to heal your knee today". I was thinking is that God speaking or is it just wishful thinking. Anyway I didn't go forward for prayer like several people did. After the service I asked a couple of people how do you know if God has healed you? They all said they didn't know!
Background was that I have had three knee operations and had seen a doctor again with same problems and pain in my knee who said more surgery would be pointless.
I could only walk for a couple of minutes before being in severe pain where every step was painful and sent stabbing pains up & down my leg. As I had no drivers license I walked everywhere.
Frequently I would have trouble straightening it. At he third time I had surgery I was told I had severe arthritis and that I had the equivalent of a 80 year old knee. I was in my early 30's at the time.

The following day I did a letterbox drop to advertise a christmas carols service our church organised. It took around half an hour to do and I had to walk up and down steep hills and I moved freely and have not had any pain since that church service. So technically not an answer to prayer since nobody prayed for me and I didn't pray either but still an answer if you ask me.

Upvote 0

TheDag

I don't like titles
Jan 8, 2005
✟28,794.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Also forgot to mention that several years ago when I was looking for work I prayed before each job interview. Several jobs seemed just perfect. Within walking distance or very short direct public transport. Close to my sons school (I'm a single father so important). I had plenty of experience. Yet I did not get the job. With one the business closed down three or four months later so I would have been out of work again. With another the car my parents gave me (their old one when they got a new car) broke down and could not be repaired which meant if I had got the job then I would not have been able to do so as car was essential (home care of elderly people) so I would have been left without a job. I now have a job which is monday to friday and fits in with school hours and after school care (my parents help as well) and I don't work public holidays either which means if my son is not at school then I am not at work except school holidays for which he spends half at his mum's place. It is a great employer so glad I am there.

Upvote 0

Purge187

Former Prodigal.
May 22, 2011
Oxford, MA
✟29,807.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
God moved my heart to bless needy Jews several years back, and I can honestly say that He blessed me in turn, just as He said would be the case in Genesis. The blessings came in such a way that there was no doubt that He had a hand in them. Blessings like those are the best kind; they give you the opportunity to inspire others, and they also make you realize that He's looking out for you.

Upvote 0

wtrailer

May 1, 2011
✟16,728.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes! I was hired for a job I had been pursuing for 2 years and never prayed about it. After I was hired I had to take a medical exam. The night before I prayed if it wasn't God's will to close the door on the job. I failed the eye exam, found out I had colorblindness. I was very bummed out for a couple of years. Finally, let it go and gave it over to God and asked what HE wanted me to do for a living. A week later a counselor told me I too could become one, all I needed was a Master's degree. I had always wanted to be a counselor but thought I would have to go back for another bachelor's degree. I signed up for school and the whole process, including the internship in my belief, was divinely put together. Everything worked out perfectly. To top things off God allowed me to pay off my student loans in like 5 years! What an amazing answer to prayer! Now I'm finishing the final stage of my state licensure and we'll see where God has me after that!

There are other times too. My wife and I (married for almost 20 years) got pregnant at age 19. I had no job, no apartment, etc. I got on my knees and all of our needs were provided for. It was truly miraculous. I can go on and on but you get the point. I notice many times He will answer your prayers at the last minute, the final hour, and you know for sure that it's Him when he does that!

Wt

Upvote 0

anewman1993

Aug 17, 2014
✟19,907.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
a couple times. One time he answered and I heard the answer which was....suprising lol. A few other times stuff happened and I couldn't ignore it. when I was looking for schools god had me go to one for just one semester (it was a bible school) the whole situation was very strange from the outside looking in (and probably just as strange from my perspective) but I had a lot of confidence that God was putting me there for a reason. It frustrated me but because God had told me to go I didn't really have a choice (what was I going to do, disobey a direct word from God? or at least close enough to a "direct word")

Reactions: LoricaLady
Upvote 0

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,538.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
My brother got a job to which he could not travel by public transit. He believed God had provided the job and believed, therefore, that God would provide a means to get to it. He prayed for a car and waited on God to respond. The day before he was to start the job my brother still did not have a means of transport to work (it was much too far to walk or even to reach by bicycle). But, trusting God, my brother remained confident that having provided work for him, God would also supply the means to get to it. The morning my brother was to start, two cars drove up to my brother's house. Out of one of them a man emerged, walked to the front door of my brother's house, and knocked. My brother knew this man from church, though not well. When my brother answered the door, the man dropped a set of car keys into his hand and said, "God has laid it on my heart to give you a car. It's a little-used spare vehicle. I hope it is of use to you. Have a great day! God bless." And then he left. Well, as you might imagine, my brother was delighted (and a little shocked)! My brother had said nothing about his need to anyone - except God. And God had provided.

I have many such stories of God's provision. I can tell you of others, if you'd like. God is not silent. He is there and He does answer our prayers.

Selah.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ISTANDBYJESUS

Joseph Melo
Sep 21, 2014
Heaven: in the Spirit of Christ
✟791.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
On January 9th 2011 while listening to the book of Matthew(kjb) on my laptop, the audio was on chapter 23 and as Jesus was was talking in the audio, my ears were opened, and I heard the word of God and believed Jesus was Christ the Lord(God), and upon this revelation I knew how filthy I was and upon this reality I knew I was going to be condemned by Jesus in the day of judgment: Then a great fear came on me that was so terrifying that I shut off the audio because I could not bear to listen anymore. I got up and paced around in my home to shake this fear of condemnation but it would not leave me, so I cried out to the Lord Jesus acknowledging my sins and the last thing I said was have mercy on me. Moments later with my eyes open, I had a vivid vision in which it looked like it was night time and there in the vision was the Son of God crucified and upon that vision I believed Jesus Christ died for my sins: as soon as I believed the fear of condemnation was gone, and I have been changed ever since.

John 6:40King James Version (KJV)
40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟797,599.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
There are many times but here is one. Statistically my dh and I shouldn’t have made it. We married too young, were uneducated, held unrealistic expectations, lacked communicate skills, had absolutely no money, etc. Both of us were brought up in the church but neither of us had a relationship with Yahweh. We struggled for several years and at one point would have definitely gotten a divorce if we had had the financial means. But driving to a free marriage counseling session, my husband said I think I know how we can get our marriage back on track. My sarcastic response was – yeah, after all this time, you’ve got the answer. He said if we will just put God back in our lives as our priority, we will make it. I agreed. He stopped the vehicle and we had a very short but sincere prayer. Nothing had changed in the natural – disagreements, bills, etc. But from that day, our marriage began to improve. It didn’t happen overnight, we started reading The Bible and attending church again, applied Scripture to our lives, learned how to improve our communication, worked two jobs to pay off the bills, went back to school and completed those degrees, and our two grown sons view their time with us fondly.

If you think - well, your marriage would have improved with attaining those goals and to a degree, you would be right. But we also realize that we would not have had the right attitude towards Yahweh or each other, our strength and energy that we put into these things just wouldn't have been there, nor would we have had the love, patience, desire nor respect to work together to reach these goals.

Now we are so glad that we put Yahweh as first place in our lives back then and now. For decades, we’ve been extremely happy together.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,475,519.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Has anyone ever had those times when they KNOW that God answered your prayer? I don't necessarily mean something dramatic like someone was addicted to drugs and asked God to reveal Himself to that person and saved that person. I mean just with everyday life. Maybe you prayed about a job and asked God if you should take the job or not. Or maybe you were interested in a girl or guy and you asked God if you should pursue that person or if you two should date. Have you ever had those times where you KNOW without a shred of doubt that God answered the prayer? I think a lot of times, people tend to say 'I THINK God answered it" or "I FEEL like God answered it" rather than "I KNOW God answered for these particular objective reasons." Like say for a job, you wanted to take job A which pays more than job B but then you find out shortly after that that the catch is that Job A will make you work 80 hours a week making you unavailable for your family and your church that you want to be involved in. I feel like that is a good example of God answering a prayer for sure. Anyone experienced that? If so, please describe your experience and be as detailed if you can please.

Yes, more than once.

One particular time, my wife and I had just moved to Washington DC and were seeking a congregation to join. Our basic method was to visit one, carefully observe it, and then I'd pray through the week for the Lord to give us explicit word, yes or no, to join. If I heard nothing, we'd continue searching. I have to add that I don't take such a thing lightly--if I join, I'm joined. I do not "church hop."

We had gone through this process several times before we visited National Church of God in Maryland--then under pastor TL Lowry. It would have been a really big step for us--the first time joining a church with a pastoral staff of a different race (and we'd have to explain that to both of our families). But I prayed earnestly each night for the Lord's word.

On that Friday, the Lord spoke during my evening praise prayers. He broke into the middle of a Psalm and said, quote: "Tell them tomorrow that you will join."

So I got excited about that and told my wife. The next morning, Saturday, I waited until 9:00 am, when I thought the office would be open and called the church. I told the receptionist that we'd visited the previous Sunday and wanted to join. She seemed a bit flustered, but told us, okay, after service that Sunday just approach one of the associate pastors at the front and tell them.

About half an hour later, there was a knock at the door. It was one of the associate pastors. He explained that it was his normal practice to pay a visit to anyone who had filled out a visitor's card. He always tried to make that visit first thing in the week, but that particular week all kinds of unusual things had happened to him, and he apologized for it being so late before he'd had a chance to visit us.

I then realized, "Oh, I'm supposed to tell you that we want to join!"

Upvote 0

Celticroots

Jun 2, 2012
✟72,590.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This thread encourages me. There were many times when God answered my prayers. For years I'd agonized of my salvation. Yes. Agonized. I was convinced I wasn't meant to be saved, that when I did God would chuck me into Hell. Whenever there was a televangalist on the t.v. I would follow them in the prayer. Then I started to question if I really meant it. Then I'd repeat. Again. I know salvation is not dependent on a prayer, but since God looks at the heart, if He knows the prayer is sincere He doesn't mind you accept Christ that way.

I was in that horrible limbo for four years. I grew angry as I continued to cry out to God and have Him be silent. (or so i thought) Eventually I believed God wouldn't answer and I'd go to Hell.

One perfect Summer day, as I was relaxing on the bus ride home from work, and out of nowhere, the Holy Spirit spoke to me, telling me to cry out to Jesus, confess myself a sinner, and accept Jesus as Lord and Savior. I firmly believe it wasn't regular thoughts because I wasn't thinking about anything remotely like that at the time.

The urge didn't go away, getting stronger and stronger until I felt I'd burst. When I got home, I cried out to God, asked for forgiveness of my sins, and thanked Jesus for what He did on the cross and believed it.

At that point, it was like all those years of fear were lifted from me. I felt free. I knew God heard me.

Upvote 0

Gentle Lamb

"Let there be sheep!"
Site Supporter
Jul 18, 2009
✟272,616.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I love this thread so much!!!! It's so extremely encouraging to see the way God has answered so many people's prayers! For anyone reading and thinking, "Oh, well God answered those people's prayers but He hasn't answered mine..." please do not be discouraged! Continue to pray and ask God to help you to see and understand the way that He is answering your prayers. Ask God to encourage you in the matter of prayer and to fulfill His promises to you and help you to be worthy of Him. He loves you soooooo much, more than words can say!!!! It is a love that is continuously growing! He loves you more and more each day! God is so good!!!

Reactions: LoricaLady
Upvote 0
Nov 16, 2015
✟7,638.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello :)
Yes, I have definitely had those moments before in my life when I knew that, without a doubt, God had just answered my prayer and worked a miracle.
One of the most prominent times that this occurred was a few years ago online.
I had met this boy named Izo, and we became friends. One day, I was at home when I had this feeling in my heart that something was wrong. I went online, and saw that Izo had posted that he needed urgent help from anyone that could talk to him. I told him that I was there for him, and after a few minutes, he told me that he was about to end his life.
I didn't know him very well, and I began searching for anyone else but me to help him. However, there was no one else there for him to talk to. I was so scared, because I didn't think I would be able to help him. And I couldn't. I tried just about everything that I could think of; telling him how much everyone cared about him, how much value his life had, how talented he was. But nothing worked.
I remembered seeing a special on the 700 Club about entrusting God with what you face. I recalled that, and cried out to God. The instant that I did, I felt a wave of peace wash over me, and it was like God was typing for me, because I was not even processing what I was saying to him. I just told him how much Jesus loved him, and that He wanted him to live and live abundantly.
The words seemed to resonate with him, because he started asking me about God and Jesus and if God really did love him. I assured him that God did, and loved him so much that He sent His only Son to die for him. I showed him some resources on how to accept Jesus into his heart, and Izo's life completely changed and transformed as he began to live for Christ.
I know that God answered my prayer and saved Izo's life. He heard me and reached out to a boy who was so lost and broken, and it was truly one of the best moments of my life, seeing for myself as God saved and transformed someone's life.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,086,087.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Like many people I have had more prayers answered than I can possibly remember. However, someone could always say "Well, that was just a coincidence." An answered prayer that is easy to reality check, though, would be from what the Bible calls "words of knowledge" and "words of wisdom".

There again there are too many examples to count but I will give just a few. When I was listening to the news as the ballots were just starting to be counted in the Bush/Gore presidential race the word "cliffhanger" came to me. Well, I am neither a Republican nor Democrat as I don't think there is much difference between them. However, in this race I did want Bush to win because Republicans were just a bit better on the right to life issue than Democrats.

So, as we know, the race turned out to be an incredible cliffhanger. But more than that I felt I was being shown that Bush would be the ultimate winner. How? The word "cliffhanger" comes from old style western movies where the good guy would be stuck on a cliff - until the next movie in the series where he was rescued. So, since Bush was the comparatively good guy to me I did not stress out at all over "hanging chads" and all the political fights that came up, but just felt sure he would be our next president. HalleluYah!

Once I was having a problem with getting a graphics art CD to work. I did not want to have to buy another CD or computer! I prayed about what to do. Then I went off and did something else. The word "boot" came to me. I did not even associate it with my CD issue, though I could have if I had thought about it as people will "boot" a computer. I thought it had to do with footwear and was puzzled.

A bit later I went to check a forum where other people had my same problem. Many of the solutions offered were long and complicated and frustrating because, not really being computer savvy I didn't even understand them. One reply was short and sweet. It had the word "boot" in it so I figured that was my solution. It was easy and it worked!

Once I had a terrible case of diarrhea, for over 2 weeks. Nothing otc or from the doctor helped at all. I met one lady who had had this same "flu" l had and she had to go to the hospital. But I was given the word "pepper" which I understood in my spirit to mean "cayenne pepper." Again, I was very confused. I associated cayenne pepper with things like improved circulation. The word came to me two more times since I wasn't catching on. So I looked on the net and saw that it has definitely been used successfully for the "d" word. I took 2 or 3 capsules a day 3X a day with plenty of water to protect my stomach and was improving in a day and soon fine.

Here is an off the wall one, and you can believe it or not. Just sayin'. it's not a fun topic.
For at least 3 years the word "turkey," or sometimes "ottoman", would be brought to me from time to time. Again, I had no clue why and thought the words had something to do with food and furniture. Then, about a year and a half ago, I felt led to watch some Youtube vids on Armageddon News, especially Babylon And The Caliph Antichrist. They said, among many other things based on Bible verse after Bible verse and history and current events, that the Ottoman Empire, which received a fatal wound in WW1, is about to revive. They show this Empire in many, many ways matches the 7th beast in Revelation who got the fatal wound and came back to life, the 7th/8th beast as described. Of course in the Bible we are told that a beast represents an empire.

Armageddon News also said Turkey would become the ultimate leader of the Ottoman Caliphate. They believe that, for just one of many reasons stated, because Pergemos, in Turkey, is described in the Bible as being "the seat of Satan." I discovered that scholars like Joel Richardson and Walid Shoebat (reportedly an ex Islamic terrorist though I don't feel sure about that part) were saying the same things.

The lesson seemed to be "Get real close to Me. Get spiritually prepared."

Again, just sharing. Take it or leave it as you choose.

I pray for us all to always be so close to the Father that we want Him more than anything and hear from Him continuously, and are protected and provided for in what I believe are these last days.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DiscipleHeLovesToo

Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2010
✟77,537.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
this is actually a loaded question - in order to know something, there must be understanding based on physical evidence - 'knowing' is the 'physical realm' concept's counterpart to the 'spiritual realm' concept of believing (faith). for example, i had terminal cancer, and i believe that i received a healing from God; but i don't know this because there is no physical evidence that it was God's power that caused the cancer to go away - the fact that it went away does not prove that it was God's power rather than a change of diet for example [and i did start eating much better and drinking a lot more water at my doctors' recommendation, although they frankly said they didn't know why the cancer had gone away and thought it was merely 'in submission' - which it still is - submission to God's word; but not the way they meant to use the phrase (their meaning of the phrase was that the cancer was merely 'hidden' and i would likely relapse)].

Joh 3:6 KJV
(6) That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

Joh 6:63 KJV
(63) It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

having said that, when i want to share a scripture with a faith buddy that pertains to our conversation but can't remember it clearly, if i remember to immediately ask out loud 'what was that scripture, Lord?'; i immediately remember it most of the time (the times i don't, i figure i'm wrong that it applies to the conversation to begin with). i can't prove that this is answered prayer, so i don't know this; but it when it happens the person i'm talking to often verbally recognizes (believes) this as answered prayer, as do i.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DiscipleHeLovesToo

Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2010
✟77,537.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Whether it was the diet or some other means "Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning." James 1:17

exactly! the 'mechanism' that is key to answered prayer may be physical, but the wisdom to see a 'mechanism' as the right choice or not comes form His leading, not from our intellect

Upvote 0