Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
hahahaha...clever!

What can I say? Monty Python is Anglican, and so am I! :p

I don't want to ruin how terrible it is...but not very true. Then again I'm very picky when it comes to that sort of stuff. Many people I know liked the film.

I really only liked the first two films myself for basically the same reasons, so I suppose we probably share that trait.

I think that the best review I read was Slate's where they called it "90210 with owls"

*chortle*

Brandon X Nikki
Brandon X Tracy
Brandon X Kelly

When will it ever end...;)

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Upvote 0

NorrinRadd

Xian, Biblicist, Fideist, Pneumatic, Antinomian
Sep 2, 2007
Wayne Township, PA, USA
✟8,652.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
If the Bible says to not lie and she lied, how could it not be a sin?

If it were universally a sin, why did that same Bible honor her for her actions, and portray them as an act of faith in God?

Upvote 0

PaladinValer

Traditional Orthodox Anglican
Apr 7, 2004
Myrtle Beach, SC
✟30,305.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Ax heads.

Sometimes.

Also very small stones ;)

and witches :p

If it were universally a sin, why did that same Bible honor her for her actions, and portray them as an act of faith in God?

It might be added that when Harry lies, usually there's a good excuse.

**SPOILER WARNING**

In the first book when he faces off with Prof. Quirrel in front of the Mirror of Erised, he lies to Quirrel when he is asked what he sees. Why? In order to prevent him from stealing the Philosopher's Stone. And it was a good thing he tried, because just a second later, he learned why Quirrel wanted it: it was because Voldemort was in possession of the professor and was going to use it to make himself whole again.

Of course, it didn't matter in the end; Voldemort knew Harry was lying through legitimens, but the fact remains that Harry had a choice: to lie and protect the stone or to tell the truth and fail in a great and noble duty.

Given the circumstance, he made the right choice.

Upvote 0

2 King

By His Wounds We Are Healed
Jun 5, 2009
Desert
✟17,226.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Private
If God honored it as an act of faith, why should we consider it "sin"?
She sinned regardless of her actions.
simply in this: "If you know what you ought to do yet don't do it, you sin"- James 4:17
She knew that lying was against the Ten Commandments, yet she did it anyway. Would not it be better to have trusted in God? After all, he never fails us.

Upvote 0

Celticflower

charity crocheter
Feb 20, 2004
East Tenn.
✟9,279.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
simply in this: "If you know what you ought to do yet don't do it, you sin"- James 4:17
She knew that lying was against the Ten Commandments, yet she did it anyway. Would not it be better to have trusted in God? After all, he never fails us.

Are you sure she did? She was not among the Isrealites when the commandments were given. And would not her motive have been a mitigating circumstance? Like when Christians hid Jews during WWII - was not a greater good attempted by their deceptions?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

2 King

By His Wounds We Are Healed
Jun 5, 2009
Desert
✟17,226.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Private
Are you sure she did? She was not among the Isrealites when the commandments were given. And would not her motive have been a mitigating circumstance? Like when Christians hid Jews during WWII - was not a greater good attempted by their deceptions?
Wouldn't living among a people for a prolonged time include there customs?
Greater good, absolutely. Though I'm not familiar with the hiding of the Jews in WW2 so
So what everyone is saying is that she was justified by faith?

Upvote 0

Celticflower

charity crocheter
Feb 20, 2004
East Tenn.
✟9,279.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Wouldn't living among a people for a prolonged time include there customs?
Greater good, absolutely. Though I'm not familiar with the hiding of the Jews in WW2 so
So what everyone is saying is that she was justified by faith?

Rahab didn't live among them until after she lied about the spies.

Upvote 0

Mary of Bethany

Only one thing is needful.
Site Supporter
Jul 8, 2004
✟341,456.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
I don't want to ruin how terrible it is...but not very true. Then again I'm very picky when it comes to that sort of stuff. Many people I know liked the film.

I think that the best review I read was Slate's where they called it "90210 with owls"

*chortle*

It was definitely the weakest of the movies so far. So much left out, or changed from the book. But basically, it's just setting up the ending.

Mary

Upvote 0

Rhamiel

Member of the Round Table
Nov 11, 2006
ohio
✟241,111.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
It was definitely the weakest of the movies so far. So much left out, or changed from the book. But basically, it's just setting up the ending.

Mary
I did not care for the second book or movie, it kind of had that "bridge" feel to it as well

Upvote 0

NorrinRadd

Xian, Biblicist, Fideist, Pneumatic, Antinomian
Sep 2, 2007
Wayne Township, PA, USA
✟8,652.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
simply in this: "If you know what you ought to do yet don't do it, you sin"- James 4:17. She knew that lying was against the Ten Commandments, yet she did it anyway.

The Commandments only pertain to those under the Mosaic Covenant. She was not.

OTOH, the covenant of faith was in force before the Mosaic Covenant, and has always remained in force. Paul says in Rom. 14:23 that "whatever is not of faith is sin." Implicitly, at least, the converse is, "whatever IS of faith is NOT sin," and Hebrews 11 says Rahab acted in faith.

Would not it be better to have trusted in God? After all, he never fails us.

Since Heb. 11 says she acted in faith, don't you think it's safe to say she WAS trusting God?

Reactions: Nilloc
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Status
Not open for further replies.