here
✟18,148.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
May God bless her in whatever she decides to do with her career now.....

Matthew 5:10
Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Matthew 5:11
"Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of Me.

Upvote 0

ClaireZ

Senior Veteran
Apr 29, 2004
USA
✟12,188.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Ginny said:
May God bless her in whatever she decides to do with her career now.....

Matthew 5:10
Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Matthew 5:11
"Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of Me.

Not sure how those verses relate. Even Evangelicals were calling for her to withdraw.

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20051027/NEWS06/510270495/1012

In a sign of eroding support for Harriet Miers, one of the nation's leading grass-roots evangelical organizations Wednesday called for the withdrawal of her Supreme Court nomination....

I think most people just saw her as unqualified.

Upvote 0

Ginny

I like to whisper, too!
Feb 22, 2005
here
✟18,148.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
ClaireZ said:
Not sure how those verses relate.

Claire, please do not make me go pull up past threads to show how that relates..... Surely you have an inkling?

Harriet Miers ridiculed for faith in regards to qualification (GASP!) (???) :doh:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TeddyKGB

A dude playin' a dude disgused as another dude
Jul 18, 2005
Deep underground
✟8,993.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Ginny said:
Claire, please do not make me go pull up past threads to show how that relates..... Surely you have an inkling?

Harriet Miers ridiculed for faith in regards to qualification (GASP!) (???) :doh:
Harriet Miers was not ridiculed so much as was Bush for his two-faced strategy of downplaying Roberts' faith while promoting Miers'.

Upvote 0

ClaireZ

Senior Veteran
Apr 29, 2004
USA
✟12,188.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Ginny said:

Actually no. I read a lot of boards and mostly I saw people question her qualifications. I don't think the faith or lack thereof, should have anything to do with the nomination of a Supreme Court Justice.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ClaireZ

Senior Veteran
Apr 29, 2004
USA
✟12,188.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
MethodMan said:
Could you imagine the entertainment value?

Actually that would be entertainment! :thumbsup: I can imagine all the news shows, both Fox and MSN and CNN, all of them just going crazy.

Geez, and imagine what the forum boards would be like! That would just rock!

I really wouldn't want Ms. Clinton though on SCOTUS. Actually I would be extremely happy if all the Clintons and Bushes found other lines of work besides politics. ;)

Upvote 0

Thirst_For_Knowledge

I Am A New Title
Jan 20, 2005
Michigan
Visit site
✟8,524.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Why is it so hard to nominate a SC judge that rules by the law? There has to be several of them that are qualified.

I really hope he picks a judge that will rule by the law, and not someone who will make law according to their religious beliefs.

Upvote 0

utdbear

Catalina Wine Mixer....POW!
Jul 6, 2004
Dallas, TX
✟4,578.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
This is really a 'not a loss yet' scenario for the Democrats. Bush nominated someone that displeased his base and the opposition, so now look for a dramatic turn to the right for the person he'll pick next, as he's going to please his base before he pleases his opposition. I for one was pretty happy either way, now that Miers is out, Bush can nominate a Scalia or Thomas type of judge.

Upvote 0