Happy 4th of July

Tom Mix

May 31, 2015
Earth, for now.
✟11,536.00
Faith
Marital Status
Private
Today is the day us Americans celebrate our independence from tyranny.

On April 19th 1775 the men of the American colonies decided to get some respect from our tyrant ruler King George the III of Great Brittan.

Our guys lined up in the streets and traded fire against the worlds best army. It was called "The Shot to be Heard Around the World". It is what started the Revolution War.

One year and a couple of months later while we were in a full shooting war with King George our founding fathers decided to sign the document that stated that we are no long under rule of Great Brittan but we are a free nation separate from Great Brittan. We were no longer fighting this war to get rights and respect but that we are in fact a completely different nation. It is called "The Declaration of Independence.

We fought and died for 10 long years fighting the strongest nation in the world but in the end we won and have become the Greatest Nation the world has ever known.

Since then our nation has fought for freedom throughout the entire planet. We have given and die for just about every nation that has ever excised in order for them to have a better life. We do not take over nations but we fight for them to have their own freedoms and rue for themselves like we are able to.

Happy Independence Day America!!!!!!!

Tom Mix

May 31, 2015
Earth, for now.
✟11,536.00
Faith
Marital Status
Private
IN CONGRESS, JULY 4, 1776

The unanimous Declaration of the thirteen united States of America

When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. — That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security. — Such has been the patient sufferance of these Colonies; and such is now the necessity which constrains them to alter their former Systems of Government. The history of the present King of Great Britain is a history of repeated injuries and usurpations, all having in direct object the establishment of an absolute Tyranny over these States. To prove this, let Facts be submitted to a candid world.

He has refused his Assent to Laws, the most wholesome and necessary for the public good.

He has forbidden his Governors to pass Laws of immediate and pressing importance, unless suspended in their operation till his Assent should be obtained; and when so suspended, he has utterly neglected to attend to them.

He has refused to pass other Laws for the accommodation of large districts of people, unless those people would relinquish the right of Representation in the Legislature, a right inestimable to them and formidable to tyrants only.

He has called together legislative bodies at places unusual, uncomfortable, and distant from the depository of their Public Records, for the sole purpose of fatiguing them into compliance with his measures.

He has dissolved Representative Houses repeatedly, for opposing with manly firmness his invasions on the rights of the people.

He has refused for a long time, after such dissolutions, to cause others to be elected, whereby the Legislative Powers, incapable of Annihilation, have returned to the People at large for their exercise; the State remaining in the mean time exposed to all the dangers of invasion from without, and convulsions within.

He has endeavoured to prevent the population of these States; for that purpose obstructing the Laws for Naturalization of Foreigners; refusing to pass others to encourage their migrations hither, and raising the conditions of new Appropriations of Lands.

He has obstructed the Administration of Justice by refusing his Assent to Laws for establishing Judiciary Powers.

He has made Judges dependent on his Will alone for the tenure of their offices, and the amount and payment of their salaries.

He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harass our people and eat out their substance.

He has kept among us, in times of peace, Standing Armies without the Consent of our legislatures.

He has affected to render the Military independent of and superior to the Civil Power.

He has combined with others to subject us to a jurisdiction foreign to our constitution, and unacknowledged by our laws; giving his Assent to their Acts of pretended Legislation:

For quartering large bodies of armed troops among us:

For protecting them, by a mock Trial from punishment for any Murders which they should commit on the Inhabitants of these States:

For cutting off our Trade with all parts of the world:

For imposing Taxes on us without our Consent:

For depriving us in many cases, of the benefit of Trial by Jury:

For transporting us beyond Seas to be tried for pretended offences:

For abolishing the free System of English Laws in a neighbouring Province, establishing therein an Arbitrary government, and enlarging its Boundaries so as to render it at once an example and fit instrument for introducing the same absolute rule into these Colonies

For taking away our Charters, abolishing our most valuable Laws and altering fundamentally the Forms of our Governments:

For suspending our own Legislatures, and declaring themselves invested with power to legislate for us in all cases whatsoever.

He has abdicated Government here, by declaring us out of his Protection and waging War against us.

He has plundered our seas, ravaged our coasts, burnt our towns, and destroyed the lives of our people.

He is at this time transporting large Armies of foreign Mercenaries to compleat the works of death, desolation, and tyranny, already begun with circumstances of Cruelty & Perfidy scarcely paralleled in the most barbarous ages, and totally unworthy the Head of a civilized nation.

He has constrained our fellow Citizens taken Captive on the high Seas to bear Arms against their Country, to become the executioners of their friends and Brethren, or to fall themselves by their Hands.

He has excited domestic insurrections amongst us, and has endeavoured to bring on the inhabitants of our frontiers, the merciless Indian Savages whose known rule of warfare, is an undistinguished destruction of all ages, sexes and conditions.

In every stage of these Oppressions We have Petitioned for Redress in the most humble terms: Our repeated Petitions have been answered only by repeated injury. A Prince, whose character is thus marked by every act which may define a Tyrant, is unfit to be the ruler of a free people.

Nor have We been wanting in attentions to our British brethren. We have warned them from time to time of attempts by their legislature to extend an unwarrantable jurisdiction over us. We have reminded them of the circumstances of our emigration and settlement here. We have appealed to their native justice and magnanimity, and we have conjured them by the ties of our common kindred to disavow these usurpations, which would inevitably interrupt our connections and correspondence. They too have been deaf to the voice of justice and of consanguinity. We must, therefore, acquiesce in the necessity, which denounces our Separation, and hold them, as we hold the rest of mankind, Enemies in War, in Peace Friends.

We, therefore, the Representatives of the united States of America, in General Congress, Assembled, appealing to the Supreme Judge of the world for the rectitude of our intentions, do, in the Name, and by Authority of the good People of these Colonies, solemnly publish and declare, That these united Colonies are, and of Right ought to be Free and Independent States, that they are Absolved from all Allegiance to the British Crown, and that all political connection between them and the State of Great Britain, is and ought to be totally dissolved; and that as Free and Independent States, they have full Power to levy War, conclude Peace, contract Alliances, establish Commerce, and to do all other Acts and Things which Independent States may of right do. — And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of Divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes, and our sacred Honor.

New Hampshire:
Josiah Bartlett, William Whipple, Matthew Thornton

Massachusetts:
John Hancock, Samuel Adams, John Adams, Robert Treat Paine, Elbridge Gerry

Rhode Island:
Stephen Hopkins, William Ellery

Connecticut:
Roger Sherman, Samuel Huntington, William Williams, Oliver Wolcott

New York:
William Floyd, Philip Livingston, Francis Lewis, Lewis Morris

New Jersey:
Richard Stockton, John Witherspoon, Francis Hopkinson, John Hart, Abraham Clark

Pennsylvania:
Robert Morris, Benjamin Rush, Benjamin Franklin, John Morton, George Clymer, James Smith, George Taylor, James Wilson, George Ross

Delaware:
Caesar Rodney, George Read, Thomas McKean

Maryland:
Samuel Chase, William Paca, Thomas Stone, Charles Carroll of Carrollton

Virginia:
George Wythe, Richard Henry Lee, Thomas Jefferson, Benjamin Harrison, Thomas Nelson, Jr., Francis Lightfoot Lee, Carter Braxton

North Carolina:
William Hooper, Joseph Hewes, John Penn

South Carolina:
Edward Rutledge, Thomas Heyward, Jr., Thomas Lynch, Jr., Arthur Middleton

Georgia:
Button Gwinnett, Lyman Hall, George Walton

Upvote 0

Tom Mix

May 31, 2015
Earth, for now.
✟11,536.00
Faith
Marital Status
Private
Please post a picture or a statement that reminds you of The United States of America.

hamburger.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

KandiJo

Adopted and Chosen
Apr 25, 2015
Arizona
✟17,733.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
yip-nope-aliens-sesame-street-politics-Meanwhile-In-America.jpg

I actually still enjoy America, because I know that the government is not based on morals. It's to protect the people. As christians we need to be the moral light to others, and point the way to Jesus. Even through others do not agree, we have the right to do that in america, and I really appreciate that.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tom Mix

May 31, 2015
Earth, for now.
✟11,536.00
Faith
Marital Status
Private
I would love to be in the United States, to celebrate, the 4th of July. It's a pity, I had to leave, in May. I arrived last year, in September.

It's already the 5th of July, in Japan. I hope the 4th, is nice, for Americans & everybody else.

Thank you Blue Wren. It is refreshing to see somebody who still loves this country and does not spit on it and you are somebody who has been around and seen lots of the world.

I thank God for this great nation and the good it produces all over the world.

I guess that even its own citizens no longer like it so I pray that evil over takes it and lets their children and grandchildren live under evil and maybe someday they will want what we had and will be given the opportunity to fight for a better future so they can understand what freedom means.

The citizens of the nation are no longer deserving of such a great nation. They spit on it and complain of the bad things.

Just like the children who throw away the great nation that God the Father had given to them I also see the children of the Christian nation bad mouth it and do not appreciate it.

Maybe those south of Oklahoma can rejoin Mexico and lets see the great blessing you receive from that nation as you are completely ripped off of ever thing that you own as there is very little law and no justice to keep every neighbor from taking what you have.

Maybe China can have the west cost and you can tell the world what a great system you now live under.

I pray that every person who curses this great nation receives the same blessings on judgment day.

People from the whole world over die trying to come here and all the Americans here can say is the politics are bad and its a joke and we killed the Indians.

Please send us your huddled masses as the people who were born here deserve nothing that is good as they are spoiled children who love only themselves.

Upvote 0

Tom Mix

May 31, 2015
Earth, for now.
✟11,536.00
Faith
Marital Status
Private
Honestly? This is how I feel about the country in which I was born...

How about you log off of here and go join the military and do something for somebody else instead of watching youtube all day and complaining about this nation. Love it or leave it.

How about you jump down to Mexico for a year and become all that you can be in that nation. In the first 3 weeks I bet you call home for them to send you money and that you want to come home.

Upvote 0

LoveDivine

May 20, 2015
✟188,954.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Honestly? This is how I feel about the country in which I was born...

I think people missed the point that this was humorous. I don't really take comedians or late night talk shows seriously. I laugh at many Canadian jokes. If there was a similar montage on Canada I would find it really funny. I guess it depends on your sense of humor. I think the U.S. is a great country and has had a very fascinating history (American history was my favorite to read growing up). I don't think the nation, even during its greatest moments, has been perfect. Every empire (the U.S. is powerful enough to be considered one) has had its blemishes and shameful moments. I don't think a person can be deemed to be unpatriotic or unappreciative of his country, simply because he is aware of his country's faults. I don't think a good citizen is blindly patriotic. I enjoy living in Canada, but I really dislike many current policies and politicians. I'm sure that even the founding fathers were very aware of the inequalities and issues that were present in the fledgling U.S.
Personally, I like the U.S. and Americans in general. I can understand though, why you would feel disillusioned.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gnarwhal
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Tom Mix

May 31, 2015
Earth, for now.
✟11,536.00
Faith
Marital Status
Private
No. its all good. I just get touchy about my God given nation because I have so much and there are places in this world that have nothing and want to come here so bad but cant but yet there are here that bad mouth this great nation. I just have to learn to deal with it.

Thank you to all who have respect for my nation as I love it right or wrong because in the end I know we will be noted for doing good thing more than bad.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟433,856.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
This guy summarizes it perfectly:

"What, then, is the end of the matter? Go ahead and have fun tomorrow. Be grateful. Light off fireworks. Eat good food. But in the middle of the BBQs, parades, and fanfare, remember that God is God, Christ is Lord, and America is a finite, temporal gift to be grateful for, but never worshipped or set apart in the heart as a final end in itself."
Four Quick Thoughts on America, The 4th, And The Gospel

I think people missed the point that this was humorous. I don't really take comedians or late night talk shows seriously. I laugh at many Canadian jokes. If there was a similar montage on Canada I would find it really funny. I guess it depends on your sense of humor. I think the U.S. is a great country and has had a very fascinating history (American history was my favorite to read growing up). I don't think the nation, even during its greatest moments, has been perfect. Every empire (the U.S. is powerful enough to be considered one) has had its blemishes and shameful moments. I don't think a person can be deemed to be unpatriotic or unappreciative of his country, simply because he is aware of his country's faults. I don't think a good citizen is blindly patriotic. I enjoy living in Canada, but I really dislike many current policies and politicians. I'm sure that even the founding fathers were very aware of the inequalities and issues that were present in the fledgling U.S.
Personally, I like the U.S. and Americans in general. I can understand though, why you would feel disillusioned.

Very well said. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

High Fidelity

Site Supporter
Feb 9, 2014
✟904,775.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
No. its all good. I just get touchy about my God given nation because I have so much and there are places in this world that have nothing and want to come here so bad but cant but yet there are here that bad mouth this great nation. I just have to learn to deal with it.

Every nation is God-given. Power comes only from God, for better or for worse.

Nonetheless, happy 4th from a Redcoat.

Upvote 0

Messy

Jan 30, 2011
Holland
✟21,082.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
They freed Europe and the Azusastreet revival started there and spread through Europe and the Brownsville revival. I always hear in church that they're far ahead of us. If you need counselling or good Bible studies go to the States or Canada. They even came here to start a Bible school and when people visit our church they're like: Wow the teaching is so good! Yeah that's from the American Bible school.

Upvote 0