"Hands Up; Don't Shoot" vs "Help me, Dad". The response says it all

Which should be MORE worthy of Democrat & media sympathy and attention?

• "Help me, Dad" - Steinle was an innocent, killed by a menace who was enabled by the system

Votes: 9 69.2%
  • "Hands up; don't shoot" - Brown was an innocent, killed by a menace who was enabled by the system

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Undecided and/or munching popcorn

Votes: 3 23.1%

• Total voters

KarateCowboy

Classical liberal
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2004
✟140,932.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
When Michael Brown assaulted a cop and got killed, the nation went into uproar. Democrats and the media(pardon the redundancy) went into full gear. They proclaimed there is a war on blacks by police officers in the USA. White supremacy. Jim Crow. Ferguson got a place right next to Selma. It did not matter that his supposed last words "Hands up; don't shoot" was a lie, possibly fabricated out of racist sentiments against a police officer for his skin color. It did not matter if the evidence found that Brown assaulted and tried to kill Wilson.

Kate Steinle was an innocent civilian murdered, thoughtlessly and without reason, by an illegal alien who had been deported five times. He went to San Francisco because it openly proclaimed shelter against the law for people like him. Ensue media blackout. Only right-leaning groups are making a cause out of her death, to see more innocents are not slain. The only response from the MSM is to condemn them as fear-mongers and nativist xenophobes. They seem to think it xenophobic to not want to be murdered for no reason. "Help me, Dad", were her last words, as Steinle bled to death in her father's arms.

Democrats and the media rallied around the lie of "Hands up; don't shoot", but ignore or shout down talk of "Help me, Dad". What hatred and animosity --or is it apathy? --that leads to such upside down, regressive, morally backwards behavior?

Blue Wren

Sep 22, 2014
Solna, Sweden
✟26,447.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I learned about Kate Steinle's death, while in Japan, because there were so many posts about it, from American & Swedish friends, on Facebook. Lots of links, to news stories. Her death wasn't ignored. Of course Michael Brown's death, got more outrage, as he was killed by law enforcement, who are to protect, & serve the public. I know, there's been a lot of controversy, and blame-shifting, about the man, who killed Kate. He was a nutter, not employed, in law enforcement. He shouldn't have been let back in, to the US, no. I don't understand the comparison?

Upvote 0

brewmama

Senior Veteran
Dec 14, 2002
Colorado
Visit site
✟27,718.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

brewmama

Senior Veteran
Dec 14, 2002
Colorado
Visit site
✟27,718.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I learned about Kate Steinle's death, while in Japan, because there were so many posts about it, from American & Swedish friends, on Facebook. Lots of links, to news stories. Her death wasn't ignored. Of course Michael Brown's death, got more outrage, as he was killed by law enforcement, who are to protect, & serve the public. I know, there's been a lot of controversy, and blame-shifting, about the man, who killed Kate. He was a nutter, not employed, in law enforcement. He shouldn't have been let back in, to the US, no. I don't understand the comparison?

You really don't understand the comparison? The media "outrage" over Michael Brown was inflammatory and based on falsehoods. After the initial news coverage of Kate's death, it was pretty much dropped, ONLY because the narrative has to protect illegal aliens.

Upvote 0

KarateCowboy

Classical liberal
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2004
✟140,932.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Very good question. Their narrative is sacrosanct and cannot be questioned.

And for more of their never ending projection they even add this:

REP. LUIS GUTIERREZ: "Every time a little thing like this happens, they use the most extreme example to say it must be eliminated". - See more at: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/latino...murder-kate-steinle-little-thing#.hymph7:4hRq

Innocent white American murdered by illegal alien => little thing
Black criminal killed while assaulting white police officer => indict the entire nation

Upvote 0

KarateCowboy

Classical liberal
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2004
✟140,932.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
You really don't understand the comparison? The media "outrage" over Michael Brown was inflammatory and based on falsehoods. After the initial news coverage of Kate's death, it was pretty much dropped, ONLY because the narrative has to protect illegal aliens.
The term "willful ignorance" comes to mind. It's like a doctor who refuses to acknowledge you have one disease, while chastising you because you don't want to take medicine for one you don't even have.

Apologists over "Hands up; don't shoot" were all saying "The context. The context. The city had a systemic problem and this just tripped things! That's why the specifics aren't important". Well, San Fran has a sanctuary system. That's an even stronger 'context'. And this time, the specifics are more pertinent. I'm waiting for my riots in California, and for Democratic Congresscritters to start speeches with "Help me, Dad".

When will Loretta Lynch investigate the city of San Fran for civil rights violations? How about the right to be secure in your person, against the threat of foreign invaders?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Blue Wren

Sep 22, 2014
Solna, Sweden
✟26,447.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship

You and KarateCowboy need to make a false comparison, for political drama. That I understand, yes. Idk. I live in Japan for the summer, and Kate's death, it has gotten quite a lot of news coverage. It has in my home country, Sweden, also, and in America. As I said, it's been talked about, frequently, on Facebook, this summer.

Upvote 0

Blue Wren

Sep 22, 2014
Solna, Sweden
✟26,447.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
The term "willful ignorance" comes to mind. It's like a doctor who refuses to acknowledge you have one disease, while chastising you because you don't want to take medicine for one you don't even have.

Willful ignorance, is exactly what I was thinking when I read your post & BrewMama's.

Apologists over "Hands up; don't shoot" were all saying "The context. The context. The city had a systemic problem and this just tripped things! That's why the specifics aren't important". Well, San Fran has a sanctuary system. That's an even stronger 'context'. And this time, the specifics are more pertinent. I'm waiting for my riots in California, and for Democratic Congresscritters to start speeches with "Help me, Dad".

When will Loretta Lynch investigate the city of San Fran for civil rights violations? How about the right to be secure in your person, against the threat of foreign invaders?

Are we really, going to compare all homicides in the United States & society's reaction to them? Silliness.

Upvote 0

KarateCowboy

Classical liberal
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2004
✟140,932.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
You and KarateCowboy need to make a false comparison, for political drama. That I understand, yes. Idk. I live in Japan for the summer, and Kate's death, it has gotten quite a lot of news coverage. It has in my home country, Sweden, also, and in America. As I said, it's been talked about, frequently, on Facebook, this summer.

The Japanese don't have sanctuary cities and tidal wave immigration. If only the American left and MSM could learn from them.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

KarateCowboy

Classical liberal
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2004
✟140,932.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Willful ignorance, is exactly what I was thinking when I read your post & BrewMama's.

Yah? Ignorance of what? Of Swedish news coverage? Sure, I'm ignorant of that, though not willfully.

Are we really, going to compare all homicides in the United States & society's reaction to them? Silliness.
"Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain". Got it.

Reactions: Avid
Upvote 0

KarateCowboy

Classical liberal
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2004
✟140,932.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
You missed the point entirely. Not a shock, lol.
you don't seem to have a point. "The Japanese are talking so be quiet about American reaction and corrupt politicians. lolamirite guyz?"

Upvote 0

Blue Wren

Sep 22, 2014
Solna, Sweden
✟26,447.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Yah? Ignorance of what? Of Swedish news coverage? Sure, I'm ignorant of that, though not willfully.

The whole premise, is so willfully ignorant, of you. Many people, in Sweden, they were sharing, AMERICAN news coverage, of the shooting. Same, for Japan.

"Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain". Got it.

You didn't get anything. That's the problem.

Reactions: stamperben
Upvote 0

KarateCowboy

Classical liberal
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2004
✟140,932.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
You didn't get anything. That's the problem.
OK. So many Swedes and Japanese shared some American news articles. That's a far cry from

• riots in California.
  • civil rights investigations by the attorney general
  • American MSM obsession over the incident
  • American media indicting the nation as needing a crackdown on sanctuary cities
  • Democrat Congressmen starting speeches with "Help me, Dad"
  • Prominent journalists comparing sanctuary city policies to Jim Crow laws
  • Liberal musicians and artists to write songs and art about Steinle

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

KarateCowboy

Classical liberal
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2004
✟140,932.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Nm. Engaging with you, it's futile, lol.
So what you're saying, if I understand you, is: I don't have a point in pointing out the pointedly different reactions to these newspoints and how poignant it is to American culture and politics at this point in time. Does that hit the point?

You say it's invalid to compare? the response to the two deaths. Why is it invalid

You seem well schooled in Southpaw argumentation:

1. Issue ad hominem
  2. Attempt to end the discussion
  3. Repeat as necessary

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ChristsSoldier115

Mabaho na Kuya
Jul 30, 2013
The greatest state in the Union: Ohio
✟26,502.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
When Michael Brown assaulted a cop and got killed, the nation went into uproar. Democrats and the media(pardon the redundancy) went into full gear. They proclaimed there is a war on blacks by police officers in the USA. White supremacy. Jim Crow. Ferguson got a place right next to Selma. It did not matter that his supposed last words "Hands up; don't shoot" was a lie, possibly fabricated out of racist sentiments against a police officer for his skin color. It did not matter if the evidence found that Brown assaulted and tried to kill Wilson.

Kate Steinle was an innocent civilian murdered, thoughtlessly and without reason, by an illegal alien who had been deported five times. He went to San Francisco because it openly proclaimed shelter against the law for people like him. Ensue media blackout. Only right-leaning groups are making a cause out of her death, to see more innocents are not slain. The only response from the MSM is to condemn them as fear-mongers and nativist xenophobes. They seem to think it xenophobic to not want to be murdered for no reason. "Help me, Dad", were her last words, as Steinle bled to death in her father's arms.

Democrats and the media rallied around the lie of "Hands up; don't shoot", but ignore or shout down talk of "Help me, Dad". What hatred and animosity --or is it apathy? --that leads to such upside down, regressive, morally backwards behavior?

I am with Blue Wren, why are these cases even being compared?

Upvote 0

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

Is it possible to be concerned about both? Or do we have to pick one and ignore the other?

Reactions: Blue Wren
Upvote 0

ChristsSoldier115

Mabaho na Kuya
Jul 30, 2013
The greatest state in the Union: Ohio
✟26,502.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Is it possible to be concerned about both? Or do we have to pick one and ignore the other?

This is the politics sub-forum! You can't be both. One or the other!!!!!

Reactions: Blue Wren
Upvote 0