Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Um....There are probably three reasons a guy has his hands on your knee:

1) He is romantically involved
2) There is a giant spider on your knee and he is smashing it
3) He is interested...in something not necessarily 'romantic'.

#2 is probably a long shot. So if you can count out #1, then you might want to make sure there are no hands on knees...or else where.

Reactions: The Julikenz
Upvote 0

Nom De Guerre

Who amongst you doesn't see life as permanent?
May 6, 2005
Location, Location.
✟39,599.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
No, probably not; unless it's just a gesture to let you know that they're going to the facility or some other cultural difference I'm unaware of. Otherwise, I'd take the hand on knee as an indication of romantic interest; especially if he's holding his hand on your knee.

Upvote 0

Daughter of Ararat

Yeshua's Rose of Hayastan
May 4, 2010
✟9,539.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
What if a guy puts his hand on you and says "I must have you!!!!"

What does that mean?
It means you are the prophecied about sacrifice in his alien world cult, and you better run before you are thrown into the transport ship.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Im_A

Legend
May 10, 2004
✟35,359.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Do guys ever put their hand on a girl's knee in the theater-even if she is slightly cold and moving her jacket up to her shoulders-if they are not at least a little romantically interesting?
My opinion is, any touch from the tip of the head below is a sign of something.

I don't touch women that I don't want. Very rarely do I even touch someone when I am in a crowded spot. I will have the hand ready but I will get their attention first and be on the defense to watch out for them.

Upvote 0

Daughter of Ararat

May 4, 2010
✟9,539.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
I don't touch women that I don't want. Very rarely do I even touch someone when I am in a crowded spot. I will have the hand ready but I will get their attention first and be on the defense to watch out for them.
What would you look for to say that you can touch her like that again, after the fact has passed?

Upvote 0

Im_A

Legend
May 10, 2004
✟35,359.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
In Relationship
What would you look for to say that you can touch her like that again, after the fact has passed?
Her reaction. Just because time has passed after that, that doesn't mean I could do it again.

Verbal is the easiest but us guys aren't that lucky all the time.

So, watching physical mannerisms may be more important.

Say I am taking Jane out and we are sitting together in the car while I drive us to our movie. I, while driving and talking, put my hand on her knee.

If Jane would tense up, maybe put eyes on knee longer than let's say a look of appreciation, line was crossed...can't do it again. If Jane's demeanor would loosen up meaning she becomes more relaxed, say a look and looks up and smiles, probably a must to do again.

Then there is the obvious non-verbal. Taking the hand off is a sign of not do it again. Putting hand on top or holding that hand is a good sign to do something again.

That type of stuff would be what I would look out for. Now if I would find a neutral sign that I could not figure out, if she goes out again with me, that means I can use lighter ways to test the situation out. Say we are at the store getting something in the middle of our date before going somewhere, put my hand on the upper middle of her back and point to it and talk about it. Then repeat the process of trying to figure her out, because now at this point, she would have to somehow respond, whether vague or not, but a response has to come because that's two, unrequested types of touching.

Upvote 0

Tink

our God is faithful. ♥
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2004
Texas
✟56,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Her reaction. Just because time has passed after that, that doesn't mean I could do it again.

Verbal is the easiest but us guys aren't that lucky all the time.

So, watching physical mannerisms may be more important.

Say I am taking Jane out and we are sitting together in the car while I drive us to our movie. I, while driving and talking, put my hand on her knee.

If Jane would tense up, maybe put eyes on knee longer than let's say a look of appreciation, line was crossed...can't do it again. If Jane's demeanor would loosen up meaning she becomes more relaxed, say a look and looks up and smiles, probably a must to do again.

Then there is the obvious non-verbal. Taking the hand off is a sign of not do it again. Putting hand on top or holding that hand is a good sign to do something again.

That type of stuff would be what I would look out for. Now if I would find a neutral sign that I could not figure out, if she goes out again with me, that means I can use lighter ways to test the situation out. Say we are at the store getting something in the middle of our date before going somewhere, put my hand on the upper middle of her back and point to it and talk about it. Then repeat the process of trying to figure her out, because now at this point, she would have to somehow respond, whether vague or not, but a response has to come because that's two, unrequested types of touching.

Joe has this down.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Im_A

Legend
May 10, 2004
✟35,359.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Ok, so if he hasn't done this again, should I casually mention that I didn't pass the first step of a multi-step hiring process for an up state job and later ask him when he is going to kiss me or should I just move on?
No. Just because men don't touch you that doesn't mean you put him on the spot. It doesn't mean that you should force signs if you don't feel like giving them.

Just go with the flow. If he does things that lead you to come to an online forum and ask for advice if it means anything, then show him appreciation. Take that little extra step to say, "I really like what you are doing". Be a little more flirtatious when he does those things that make you go, "Hmm".

I may have it down like Sara stated but that doesn't mean it is full proof. Nothing is full proof to get a good relationship. Not even honesty and not even moral living and not even 'insight on how to read people'. Sometimes you just have to wing it. Sometimes you have to bear with going through the mating process. Sometimes you have to walk into it blindly and hope the best.

Upvote 0

white dove

(she's a) maniac
Jan 23, 2004
Out there, livin'
✟49,357.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
Whoosh. Hand on the knee. Gives me chills just reading through this thread. :D

:234:

Some of us women like that kind of gesture, but of course only if we feel likewise. Like, if I could do the same to you and feel comfortable, okay (and again, whoosh). If not, I'll brush your hand off and hope that it knocks into the side of the table or something so it'll hurt you. Any man who's ever done this to me has always been interested in me, so I would imagine if anyone else ever did it again they are interested.

Upvote 0

Daughter of Ararat

May 4, 2010
✟9,539.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
No. Just because men don't touch you that doesn't mean you put him on the spot. It doesn't mean that you should force signs if you don't feel like giving them.

Just go with the flow. If he does things that lead you to come to an online forum and ask for advice if it means anything, then show him appreciation. Take that little extra step to say, "I really like what you are doing". Be a little more flirtatious when he does those things that make you go, "Hmm".

I may have it down like Sara stated but that doesn't mean it is full proof. Nothing is full proof to get a good relationship. Not even honesty and not even moral living and not even 'insight on how to read people'. Sometimes you just have to wing it. Sometimes you have to bear with going through the mating process. Sometimes you have to walk into it blindly and hope the best.

Ok, how is this?

He doesn't call or text me much, is not on IM much but IMed on occasion, had asked me out via IM when he had gift cards before. I initiated hugging at greetings and goodbyes, he has tried to tickle me twice-I tried to tickle him back briefly, and he had his hand at my back when we were in the theater and I put mine under his arm at his back. I didn't respond much when he put his hand on the back of my chair. (My friends were also sitting on the row behind us where the Birthday girl friend of mine was sitting with two other friends.) He suggested doing this or that like when I mentioned The Office while we were at the movies and the BBC version at my local library as well as the regular Office, and but does not make much firm plans. I just invited him to a Jazz club on Monday, but he declined as he was too busy-no other suggestion, I had texted because we have texted as much or more than talked on the phone, and I know he had a busy day today and is someone who is out a lot partly because he is not a homebody.

Upvote 0