Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I'm actually considering something like the right, but I'm not certain yet.
There's something rather distinguished and professional about it, the one on the right.

So would it be a drastic change for you to have it done this way?

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
fad11b3af5956d3a8d4aae7d39f796c2.jpg
pinterest dot com

Upvote 0

Cute Tink

Blah
Site Supporter
Nov 22, 2002
✟125,391.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
There's something rather distinguished and professional about it, the one on the right.

So would it be a drastic change for you to have it done this way?

Not as dramatic as it was for the woman in the picture, but my hair is getting fairly long.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Not as dramatic as it was for the woman in the picture, but my hair is getting fairly long.
Sounds like you would quite like to do it and have a sort of more minimalist professional cut.

Some women would find it quite liberating; others would be hesitant.

(My wife did The Chop years ago.)

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
bbb49dbccf6d23252bd2224edf73c7d6.jpg
pinterest dot com

CuteTink:

Further to your comments in posts #40 and #45, the picture on the right typically seems to show a professional women who is likely precise and business-like, and has considerable confidence in her ability to hold her own in any situation.

This is not to be critical of the impression given in the picture on the left, but it would be fair to say that the impression given by the picture on the right is in comparison far more business-like.

Upvote 0

Cute Tink

Blah
Site Supporter
Nov 22, 2002
✟125,391.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
CuteTink:

Further to your comments in posts #40 and #45, the picture on the right typically seems to show a professional women who is likely precise and business-like, and has considerable confidence in her ability to hold her own in any situation.

This is not to be critical of the impression given in the picture on the left, but it would be fair to say that the impression given by the picture on the right is in comparison far more business-like.

I am in a professional career, but I generally tied my hair back in a professional type style anyway, though having my hair down isn't a problem.

Sounds like you would quite like to do it and have a sort of more minimalist professional cut.

Some women would find it quite liberating; others would be hesitant.

(My wife did The Chop years ago.)

The unfortunate part, for me, is that this hairstyle would not be minimalist for me. I have rather curly hair, so this would require a significant amount of straightening to pull off. This is part of why I haven't gone for it yet.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I am in a professional career, but I generally tied my hair back in a professional type style anyway, though having my hair down isn't a problem.

The unfortunate part, for me, is that this hairstyle would not be minimalist for me. I have rather curly hair, so this would require a significant amount of straightening to pull off. This is part of why I haven't gone for it yet.
Sounds like you are hesitating as to whether you really want a shorter look, which is fine.

For some ppl it's about learning to 'let go'; for others it's about keeping one's hair assets as long as possible, I guess.

Upvote 0

Cute Tink

Blah
Site Supporter
Nov 22, 2002
✟125,391.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Sounds like you are hesitating as to whether you really want a shorter look, which is fine.

For some ppl it's about learning to 'let go'; for others it's about keeping one's hair assets as long as possible, I guess.

I am used to having shorter hair and I'm still not sure if having longer hair is what I really want, but I do like how it looks. Fortunately, if I do go with this cut, I won't lose any growth progress except in the back, so it's not a total loss if I'm not happy with it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums