Thunder Peel

You don't eat a peacock until it's cooked.
Aug 17, 2008
Missouri
✟40,869.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I cut mine at least once a month. Mine tends to grow fast so I bought a pair of clippers and scissors and I do it myself. It took a few tries but now I can do it myself easily and save a couple hundred dollars a year by doing it at home. I try to get it professionally cut once or twice a year just to keep it thinned out.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I cut mine at least once a month. Mine tends to grow fast so I bought a pair of clippers and scissors and I do it myself. It took a few tries but now I can do it myself easily and save a couple hundred dollars a year by doing it at home. I try to get it professionally cut once or twice a year just to keep it thinned out.

Hi; I see you're married; does your wife let you use the clippers on her as well? or does she prefer to spend the few hundred dollars more per year? :)

Upvote 0

SeekerOfChrist94

Grandma ♡ June 26, 1942 - January 10, 2017 5:32 pm
Apr 21, 2013
Texas
✟54,920.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I get it trimmed around every two to three months. I recently cut it from shoulder length to a pixie cut, so I have to cut it sooner than I normally do. A family friend of mine works at a salon, so I pay him to cut it.

Upvote 0

kittysbecute

Pokémon Master
Jun 3, 2007
Somewhere over the rainbow, where skies are blue
Visit site
✟159,749.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
faroukfarouk said:
kittysbecute:

Well, I'm sure mom's are a safe pair off hands, anyway!

So does she cut it around the ears maybe, or leave it long down the sides? I guess how frequently/how many earrings you wear depends a lot on whether the hair is over the ears, anyhow.

Blessings.

I don't get hair cuts.. my last hair cut was over 15 years ago.... I have gotten it trimmed though.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I get it trimmed around every two to three months. I recently cut it from shoulder length to a pixie cut, so I have to cut it sooner than I normally do. A family friend of mine works at a salon, so I pay him to cut it.

Shoulder to pixie must have been a definite, drastic decision that you were sure about!

My wife did The Chop years ago, anyway.

Upvote 0

Thunder Peel

You don't eat a peacock until it's cooked.
Aug 17, 2008
Missouri
✟40,869.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Hi; I see you're married; does your wife let you use the clippers on her as well? or does she prefer to spend the few hundred dollars more per year? :)

She usually gets hers cut professionally, mostly because womens' hair is often more difficult to style. She only cuts it every few months and I'd rather the money go toward her getting the haircut she wants when it's easy to do mine at home. The only time I've cut hers is when she needs split ends trimmed or helping trim bangs backs when she had them. Now that her hair is much shorter it requires more layering and styling than I feel comfortable attempting. Mens' hair is generally much easier to do and harder to screw up.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
..Now that her hair is much shorter it requires more layering and styling than I feel comfortable attempting. Mens' hair is generally much easier to do and harder to screw up.

Well, my wife did The Chop years ago and it's true that where cuts involve a lot of minimalism in style and appearance, it seems that every snip makes a difference... :)

Upvote 0

.Mikha'el.

7x13=28
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
May 22, 2004
British Columbia
✟1,006,428.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
I get it done once every two months. I used to go to a men's salon and have one particular stylist cut it, but now she has opened up a shop out of her home garage, so I go there instead. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
ab0968ef7c477b93066c0289767362cf.jpg
pinterest dot com

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.