Habakkuk's Plea

kokov

Oct 26, 2005
✟15,122.00
Faith
Anglican
Habakkuk 1: 2-4
In these verses the prophet is seeing our present age and cries out for the salvation of the Lord -i.e. the return of our Lord to bring peace and joy to the world. During this Advent season, we should look expectantly for the return of the Lord. We must prepare ourselves for the coming persecution and darkness before the dawn breaks.

Fellow Christians are suffering in various lands and communities. Look at Egypt where our Cpotic brothers are oppressed. Look at Indonesia especially at Sulewasi Island where Christians are being persecuted and killed just because they worship Jesus.

The most important point we must understand is that the first Advent of Christ was spiritual in nature but the second Advent will be political in nature. Therefore Christians must be aware of the geopolitics taking place now and act wisely within their own countries. You must hold your political leaders accountable not only for material benefits but also for spiritual truths. Let them not take decisions based solely on economical and political benfits but also fairness to all, especially in matters of religious freedom.

In the Book of Zechariah chapter 5, there is a prophecy of a new religion being established in Iraq (Land of Shinar). May be what we are seeing in Iraq may be the birth pangs of a new establishment. If it turns out that way a lot of prophecy will be fulfilled soon. so keep watching and praying.

Shalom

Kokov

kokov

Oct 26, 2005
✟15,122.00
Faith
Anglican
No, I am not a Jew but a follower of Jesus Christ. Jesus is the Lord of Old and New Testaments. I love Old Testament because it gives the background story to Christianity. The OT prophecies not only affect the Nation of Israel but also the nations of the world and the Church.

You see God is acting in the affairs of humans in 3 ways.

1. The Church - witness for the Kingdom of God. It contains all the Truths for saalvation through Jesus, and Jesus alone.

2. The Nation of Israel - to prove to the owrld God keeps his word. His promise to Abraham, Issac and Jacob has to be fulfilled. Even tough the Jews have rejected Jesus, God did not go back on his words. He proves his faithfulness by re-establishing the nation of Israel and will protect it. The fig tree blosoming and puting tender shoot is the prophecy of Jesus in Matthew 24. So you see the present Nation of Israel. God's faithfulness does not depend upon man's faithfulness nor unfaithfulness. God is faithful to his word. That's an encouraging message. When Jesus promised in Matthew 28:20, that he will be with you in ALL DAYS, he means that. Whether you are faithful or not he is faithful. He will keep his word and bless you. How do you know that for sure? Just look at Israel. God has kept his promise regardless of the Jews' unfaithfulness.

The Nations- they will be shown the righteouness of Christ and they have to make a choice. Either follow christ or take the side of AntiChrist. This will be revealed by the way they treat Israel and the Church.

God is a Trinity. so you will see everything in three.

Shalom
Kokov.

Upvote 0

CompletedChristian

Oct 26, 2005
S.W. Florida
✟7,614.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
You don't go to the corner Church-of-the-usual-doctrine , do you! Very insightful, and scary, I guess that's why you don't hear stuff like that on Sunday mornings. I hope to find more postings like yours on this sight (I just found it tonight!).

Be Blessed and keep the Peace of the Lord about you!

Shalom

Guido
-working on becoming a Completed Christian

P.S. - You may want to describe Advent for other readers, I had heard it most of my life, but only recently found out what it meant. Would you agree that every season is a second Advent season? (I tend to lean towards the season we just ended - Feast of Tabernacles)

Upvote 0

kokov

Oct 26, 2005
✟15,122.00
Faith
Anglican
Dear Guido,

Thanks for your kind comments. I have been studying prophecies for a long time. I am amazed by the truthfulness of God's word.

Every season is second Advent if you mean the return of our Lord. Yes it is. Jesus told us to watch and pray for we do not know the time of return.

On the other hand in 1Thessalonians 5 Paul is telling us that "this Day" should not overtake you as a thief. What does this mean? It means as a general rule the Christian would know the season of Jesus return but not the day (Date). Even Daniel says as much in chapter 12 v10. Read the whole chapter and it tells you that the wise will know the times. Howevr, Jesus warned us not toset the date. Because, no one knows except the Father. If you attempt to do so, then you will fall into the trap of Satan as he deceived Eve. You become God by setting the date but we must observe the season.

By the way Daniel also tells as where Antichrist will come from. You deduce from Daniel chapter 8:9 that AntiChrist empire will be north west of Israel. So watch for the countries northwest of Israel and see their political actins towards Israel.

Another point; in the rainy season you know it would rain but you do not know the hour it will rain. so what you do? You carry the umbrella all the time in rainy season. That's what Jesus told us to do. Watch and be ready!

Shalom.
Kokov.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

kokov

Oct 26, 2005
✟15,122.00
Faith
Anglican
Dear CF Friends,

I am sorry that I didn't introduce myself at the beginning.

I am a meddical professional practising as a GP. My wife is a pharmacologist. We have 2 children who are persuing medical studies.

I am a pastor in a mainline church. My main work is to bring the good news of Jesus Christ to those who had never heard of him. In 28years of ministry, by God's grace established 2 churches, in rural settings. There about 250 souls in those churches. Being placed in an Islamic country it is quite difficult to preach the Gospel and build churches. But our Lord is merciful and will use anyone who is willing to serve. All the mebers of the church are converts from another religion.

My interest is in evangelism primarily but I study prophecy because as the prophecies are fulfilled it shows the faithfulness of our God. So it encourages me.

In coming years, the fulfillment of the prophecy will be a good instrument to evangelise the educated but unbeleiving masses of the world. So urge every one of you to read the following books to understand prophecy. Prophecy isd not about setting dates but seeing how God acts in human affairs.

Please read:
Isaiah
Jeremiah
Ezekiel
Daniel and all other minor prophets
Gospels and epistles.

Remember God has said all that has to be said in His Book. Isaiah 34:16 says "Search from the book of the Lord, and read; not one of these shall fail; not one shall lack her mate. For my mouth has commanded it, and His Spirit has gathered them".

So everything in the Bible will come to pass in its season.

God bless you all.

Shalom.

Kokov.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

~PICKLE~

Ready For Anything
Jan 17, 2004
Texas
Visit site
✟11,148.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics