H1N1 likely behind rising hand gel sales.

Johnboy60

Looking For Interesting News.
Dec 28, 2003
Tennessee
✟306,929.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
NEW YORK, Oct. 24 (UPI) -- Rising sales of hand sanitizer in the United States likely stem from people's concerns about the H1N1 virus, an official with a market research firm says.

Panjiva Chief Executive Officer Josh Green said with nearly 6,614,000 pounds of hand sanitizer being shipped in the third quarter alone this year, the most likely explanation for the increase is fear about H1N1, commonly known as swine flu, CNN reported Friday.

H1N1 likely behind rising hand gel sales - UPI.com

Billnew

Legend
Apr 23, 2004
Ohio
Visit site
✟35,363.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
My daughter says every classroom has it, and kids are encouraged to use it.
I would say H1N1 is a good excuse.
But this year seems to have a lot of school illness, outside of the flus.
This stuff will help with keeping germs and viruses off the hands.

Use soap and water for visable dirt, use the hand sanitizer for germs and viruses.
Hint: if eating finger foods, you might want to wash with soap and water after using the hand sanitizer, it doesn't taste to good.(probably not good for you either, but taste is bigger since the amount taken in would be small.)

Upvote 0

Coconut12

Oct 20, 2005
Rosslyn, VA
✟15,515.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I noticed a lot of people being more concerned about the spread of cold and flu viruses this year. Anti-viral tissues and anti-bacterial gel are all over our office. From what I remember, it's like this every year though... just a bit more amplified this year b/c of h1n1.

My mom is a teacher - 3rd grade- and h1n1 is all over her school. A kid in her class just contracted it. But the school district was never delivered their promised batch of vaccines because they ran out. So I'm sure that's another thing helping the sales of anti-bacterial gels.

Has anyone seen the Kleenex anti-viral videos where school children and crowds have to "battle the bug"? I like the school bus one, it's cute: YouTube - BattleTheBug's Channel

Upvote 0