David M..

Oct 26, 2016
Eastern Europe
✟15,112.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well, (staff edit), i would never thought that i will find myself in christian forums asking advise on this matter, but in my country anything is possible i guess...

So i live in a Eastern Europe country, which is pretty underdeveloped and on top of that i live in a rural area where good part of the population is not highly educated and with bellow average income. I consider myself lucky on coming from a middle class family with good education and really good parents. I know this might sound a bit corky to start with, but trust me i am a very humble and descent guy, i employ some of my friends, and spend cash extremely humbly...

I am 28y old business owner with several employees, and going to church on regular basis is something i cannot imagine my life without. In the past i used to go to the local church where i live, the main difference between my church going and most of the folks i see there is that i REALLY REALLY need to stay for well more than an hour. I noticed a lot of people just filter out of churches, i on the other hand feel nothing if i just sat there for 5 minutes light a candle and leave some cash in the box. As time went by some of the employed there started noticing me, although i keep really low profile i just sit somewhere where there aren't many people and think a lot about all the stuff i've done from the last time i've been there.

It really really, helps me clear my head, helps me reflect on some decisions that i've made, I cannot stress enough how important those 1-2 hours are for me, if i dont have that i will not function well, and i am 100% sure of this coz when i spent more than 2+ weeks without going to church i feel like i am falling apart, i cannot work, i start getting nervous way too fast and i cannot study as fast as i can after a prayer.

I will take some time now to explain exactly how i feel before, and after going to church. If for whatever reasons i can't go to church for more than 2-3 weeks, i really start falling apart, literally life starts feeling heavy and hard with anything i do, even when i sleep and wake up i feel empty... Those ~1-2 hours are like the most important thing in my life. After i leave church i usually go to bed and wake up fully rejuvanated, i feel more enthusiastic about my work, i function better on all fields that i can think of.
NOW here is the catch ! Some of the people that work there, started noticing me a lot and started asking around about me, who am i why do i sit there for so long and so on. Some of the employed there even started asking me whats wrong with me, and started telling me that we all got our flaws it is ok and so on. I dont know why would they think that but i really didnt bothered explaining them, i study quantum physics i also study web design for building my website and the people that work there dont even know what that mean so my decission was just to stop going there and go to another church, i mean i really really felt like they dont like me there.

Couple of things about me, i am probably the most average person you would meet, i do not look particularly bad nor particularly handsome, i am really just a guy that doesnt really have any noticable thing going on for them, the only reason why would they notice me is coz i was staying there for quit a bit longer than anyone else.

I go to two other churches now, one is in the center of my capitol and the other is sort of a recluse monastery where there are monks that dont have much to do with the outside world but people go there as well, it is sort of a recreational place near a monastery.
The staff in the church in the capitol is very polite and never bother to actually talk to anyone let alone chase em out of the church, (the center of the capitol city in my country is considered to have the highest educated population and so on). But the people in the Monastery today actually told me, that visitors shouldnt stay there for more than 15 minutes. They asked me how long i stayed there to which i replied -"about 40 minutes so far i believe" and one of the women monks there told me u shouldnt stay for that long, only on sundays you can stay for that long, please consider leaving in the next few minutes.

There is nobody in the monastery when i am in there, no visitors whatsoever, and that is one of the main reasons i go there, besides reflecting on my past decissions i also think about mathematics and problems in physics that i study, and by the god i swear it helps me think but there is no way i can tell this to them. Nor did i planned to argue with them, i politely left and said good bye.

Can someone please, PLEASE tell me how do i tell these people that i actually need more time in church and i cannot be chased and harassed in this manner, i will just stop going there if they do this one more time. I might consider explaining them that i really really need to go to church, although i will leave out the Math/Physics part as i assume those monks there are not well educated and might even consider me as some sort of wrong doer since i enjoy study, science and web design as my work.

I would gladly take any advice from any member, but i would also like to talk to someone that works in church perhaps or has experiene in these thing, i CANNOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH, if i dont solve this i feel like i will lose my faith, (staff edit) I dont talk to anyone that is in there, i dont wear anything that is against churches rules and regulations like short provocative clothing or whatever just some black pants, some shirt and a jacket...

Another thing that i think is worth mentioning is that in that Monastery there has been some robbery in the past that i heard of so they might be weary of any visitors, how do i persuade em that robbing a monastery is the very last thing in my mind ?

I really dont know how to solve this, i also considered like making some bigger money donation to the monastery or something ? I really really need to be allowed to stay there for as long as i feel like but god this sux so hard... Can please someone tell me if you know some actual priest or someone that works in church on these forums that can tell me exactly how to solve this ? I will not argue with the monks in the monastery i am looking to solve this in the most peaceful way possible... you have no idea how hard this sux guys, no rational person would do this, i mean chasing someone out of church, how ignorant you need to be to do that !!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Catherineanne

Sep 1, 2004
Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
Well, (staff edit), i would never thought that i will find myself in christian forums asking advise on this matter, but in my country anything is possible i guess...

So i live in a Eastern Europe country, which is pretty underdeveloped and on top of that i live in a rural area where good part of the population is not highly educated and with bellow average income. I consider myself lucky on coming from a middle class family with good education and really good parents. I know this might sound a bit corky to start with, but trust me i am a very humble and descent guy, i employ some of my friends, and spend cash extremely humbly...

I am 28y old business owner with several employees, and going to church on regular basis is something i cannot imagine my life without. In the past i used to go to the local church where i live, the main difference between my church going and most of the folks i see there is that i REALLY REALLY need to stay for well more than an hour. I noticed a lot of people just filter out of churches, i on the other hand feel nothing if i just sat there for 5 minutes light a candle and leave some cash in the box. As time went by some of the employed there started noticing me, although i keep really low profile i just sit somewhere where there aren't many people and think a lot about all the stuff i've done from the last time i've been there.

It really really, helps me clear my head, helps me reflect on some decisions that i've made, I cannot stress enough how important those 1-2 hours are for me, if i dont have that i will not function well, and i am 100% sure of this coz when i spent more than 2+ weeks without going to church i feel like i am falling apart, i cannot work, i start getting nervous way too fast and i cannot study as fast as i can after a prayer.

I will take some time now to explain exactly how i feel before, and after going to church. If for whatever reasons i can't go to church for more than 2-3 weeks, i really start falling apart, literally life starts feeling heavy and hard with anything i do, even when i sleep and wake up i feel empty... Those ~1-2 hours are like the most important thing in my life. After i leave church i usually go to bed and wake up fully rejuvanated, i feel more enthusiastic about my work, i function better on all fields that i can think of.
NOW here is the catch ! Some of the people that work there, started noticing me a lot and started asking around about me, who am i why do i sit there for so long and so on. Some of the employed there even started asking me whats wrong with me, and started telling me that we all got our flaws it is ok and so on. I dont know why would they think that but i really didnt bothered explaining them, i study quantum physics i also study web design for building my website and the people that work there dont even know what that mean so my decission was just to stop going there and go to another church, i mean i really really felt like they dont like me there.

Couple of things about me, i am probably the most average person you would meet, i do not look particularly bad nor particularly handsome, i am really just a guy that doesnt really have any noticable thing going on for them, the only reason why would they notice me is coz i was staying there for quit a bit longer than anyone else.

I go to two other churches now, one is in the center of my capitol and the other is sort of a recluse monastery where there are monks that dont have much to do with the outside world but people go there as well, it is sort of a recreational place near a monastery.
The staff in the church in the capitol is very polite and never bother to actually talk to anyone let alone chase em out of the church, (the center of the capitol city in my country is considered to have the highest educated population and so on). But the people in the Monastery today actually told me, that visitors shouldnt stay there for more than 15 minutes. They asked me how long i stayed there to which i replied -"about 40 minutes so far i believe" and one of the women monks there told me u shouldnt stay for that long, only on sundays you can stay for that long, please consider leaving in the next few minutes.

There is nobody in the monastery when i am in there, no visitors whatsoever, and that is one of the main reasons i go there, besides reflecting on my past decissions i also think about mathematics and problems in physics that i study, and by the god i swear it helps me think but there is no way i can tell this to them. Nor did i planned to argue with them, i politely left and said good bye.

Can someone please, PLEASE tell me how do i tell these people that i actually need more time in church and i cannot be chased and harassed in this manner, i will just stop going there if they do this one more time. I might consider explaining them that i really really need to go to church, although i will leave out the Math/Physics part as i assume those monks there are not well educated and might even consider me as some sort of wrong doer since i enjoy study, science and web design as my work.

I would gladly take any advice from any member, but i would also like to talk to someone that works in church perhaps or has experiene in these thing, i CANNOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH, if i dont solve this i feel like i will lose my faith,(staff edit) I dont talk to anyone that is in there, i dont wear anything that is against churches rules and regulations like short provocative clothing or whatever just some black pants, some shirt and a jacket...

Another thing that i think is worth mentioning is that in that Monastery there has been some robbery in the past that i heard of so they might be weary of any visitors, how do i persuade em that robbing a monastery is the very last thing in my mind ?

I really dont know how to solve this, i also considered like making some bigger money donation to the monastery or something ? I really really need to be allowed to stay there for as long as i feel like but god this sux so hard... Can please someone tell me if you know some actual priest or someone that works in church on these forums that can tell me exactly how to solve this ? I will not argue with the monks in the monastery i am looking to solve this in the most peaceful way possible... you have no idea how hard this sux guys, no rational person would do this, i mean chasing someone out of church, how ignorant you need to be to do that !!!

That all sounds really difficult; I am sorry you are having such a difficult time finding somewhere to be with God.

One thought that comes to mind is to ask to speak to the person in charge of the monastery so that you can explain to him why you need to be there. It may be possible for you to become a lay associate, and be accepted for longer times.

It looks as if you are a quiet, unassuming person, but this may be working against you. It may be time to become just a little bit more visible to those in positions of power; the minister of the church and the Abbot of the monastery. If they understood why you are there I am sure they would help you.

In the meantime, do you have a space set aside at home for prayer? This might help you to find the same peace, without anyone at all knowing. Here are a few pictures of other people's prayer corners; they can be very useful.

https://uk.images.search.yahoo.com/...Gl2cw--?p=prayer+corner&fr=mcafee&fr2=piv-web

God be with you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

David M..

Oct 26, 2016
Eastern Europe
✟15,112.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I cannot pray at home, nowhere else works except in a church for me, when i go to church and spend time there i mostly think about my life issues, how to solve em, how could i improve my work, math and physics problems, these are the things that i mostly think about when i am in church, and no, i really dont see an alternative such as praying at home and so on... i have to solve this i need to talk to someone that works in church and understand these things from the inside and how do i make em accept me...

Upvote 0

Emmy

Senior Veteran
Feb 15, 2004
✟50,995.00
Faith
Salvation Army
DearDavid M.. In Matthew 22: 35-40: Jesus gives us good advice. The first and great Commandment is: Love God with all thy heart, with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. The second is like it: love thy neighbour as thyself. On these two Commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets.
In Matthew 7: 7-10: we are told: " Ask and you shall receive," we ask for Love and Joy, then we thank God, and carry on loving and caring. God will see our loving efforts, and God will approve and bless us. The Holy Spirit will help and guide us, and Jesus our Saviour will lead us all the way: JESUS IS THE WAY.
The Bible tells us: " Repent and be Born Again," we give up our selfish wishes and wants, and start loving and caring, be kind and considerate and always friendly and helpful: ( when necessary) God is Love, and God wants loving sons and daughters. Love is very catching, and God watches us lovingly. God approves and will Bless us. We will help changing this imperfect world to a loving and caring world. To Love God and love our neighbour, is what God wants from us. Let us change into the sons and daughters which God Loves and calls His Own. I say this with love, David.
Greeting from Emmy, your sister in Christ.

Upvote 0

FireHeart

Simply his Child
May 22, 2015
Oklahoma
✟17,101.00
Faith
Christian
If I recall the church is not man's house but our fathers house and he welcomes and delights anyone who wishes to reside there to spend time with him unless the church is in their name what right do they have to kick people out of fathers house?
All those people who come and go out of church have their own rewards it appears they go but don't really go they are content with going to church just to go not to spend time with god or to ponder the deeper things.

but you my friend are fathers delight he cherishes those who desire to spend time with him and you have the right to reside where he has called us. didn't you find it odd that they thought you were odd because you stayed longer than everyone else? My guess is that they don't know they father they claim to serve and know not whose house it is if it is seen as strange to spend quality time with God inside a church then something is very wrong.

Upvote 0

YouAreAwesome

☝✌
Oct 17, 2016
Lismore, Australia
✟94,543.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I agree with CatherineAnne. Try talking to the person in charge and explain to them that you really enjoy praying and thinking. Ask them directly if you can spend longer hours. This would definitely work here in Australia, I worked as a Pastor here. I'm not sure about your country and your culture however, everywhere is different.

I hope you work it out. If it doesn't work, I find out in nature is a great place for me to pray and think.

• Agree
Reactions: Catherineanne
Upvote 0

Greg J.

Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2016
Southeast Michigan
✟233,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I agree that approaching the people in charge to ask for permission to stay longer is a good idea. In some cases, it might help to be already be known to the people there, such as if you had volunteered at the church before. I think it is important that you explain what you are doing in terms they can understand. You are devoted to Jesus and church is the only place you can clear your head to be with him. You are sitting in the presence of God for his help. You are worshiping him and praying to him.

However, if they do not want you there, you cannot stay.

For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. (Ephesians 6:12, 1984 NIV)

I suggest you pray regularly for a few days and ask for prayer here before you do anything. Jesus says the following as something better than praying in public for hypocritical reasons—that is, Jesus is not commanding us to pray this way, however, it does give us a picture of something he thought was good.

But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. (Matthew 6:6, 1984 NIV)

You might try praying at home and praying at church for a while. Ask the Lord to come into your house. You might need to clear your house of anything spiritually questionable, or even in your heart dedicate a certain place as only for prayer.

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian